What do I need to start growing from seed to bud indoors?

Tamemoe

Hey peeps, I was just wondering what I would need to buy so I could have a great grow. I already have seeds, and I just need to know what materials I would need to buy so I could grow some fine bud in my room.

Feel free to post up some things that I could buy for my room so I could grow 2 plants side-by-side. This includes the amount of light power I would need to grow up these plants from seed to bud. I know the light patterns.

I just need to mainly know the amount of light that should be on the plants so I could go buy the lights.

Oh, one more thing. If anyone knows what is a good soil and fertilizer to use to make my plants stay healthy. Thank you all,
~Tamemoe

Re: What do I need to start growing from seed to bud indorrs?

What type of light are you wanting to use? You'll get better plant health and yield with MH/HPS, but the initial cost will be higher as will the opperating cost. You'll also need to provide more ventilation to keep heat in check. You're shooting for 50 watts of light per square foot of used space. CFLs are cheaper, but don't penetrate well at all, so techniques such as LST are recomended to maximize your yield. LEDs are very expensive and just aren't quite there yet, however, they seem to do better in the veg state, so you may consider them as supplementary lighting in veg.

The best ready mixed soil available is Fox Farm Ocean Forest, but you'll still need to add some perlite to help with drainage. Stay away from any soil that has time release nutes in the soil. Nutes are a little more complicated. Do you want organic or chemical? I suggest looking through some journals in the Grow Room to see what people are using, and after you've seen a few different combinations, you could ask more specific questions.

OK thanks for the answers. My budge is in the ball park of $400. I am not going to be growing a lot of plants. I will be growing 2-3 plants. If you would like I can post some pictures of some good spots to grow in. Message me back and I will go ahead and do that to help you guys see what I am working with.
~Tamemoe

I'm not quite the expert but with $400 we could do alot.... I'm pretty stoned and have nothing better to do so I'll do some research for you ;):smokin:

If you have a closet you can use then that is perfect and will save you some money.....

Here is a Light you can get its from Ebay for about $165 so we are at 235

400 Watt Electronic Ballast

Get some FFOF for your soil... Or you could go the cheaper route and make your own... I made mine for about 10 bucks. Just use some sterilized plain potting soil with no time release nutrients in it, and alot of perlite, also throw some sand in there. I have heard to mix in some worm castings as a good Nitrogen source for the plants while they are still young.

I would spend the money on FFOF cause you will have the extra if you have a 400 limit.

You need some Pots.. They range anywhere from $1-2 Get em anywhere.

You also should pick up a circulating fan. You can get them for about $25.00 and that is on the expensive side :grinjoint:

So I say we are at about $180 now right?

Go up to your local hydroponic store and pick up the 3 Liquid concentrates of Fox Farm they have there. They are about 17.95 a piece. Its Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and also Big Bloom. These will last you quite a few grows :grinjoint:;)

So now we are at about we will say $110.00.

You need an exhaust system. Home Depot is the place for this! Pick up some 6 inch ducting its about 8 bucks you are gonna need a couple collars, and also a ducting fan. There is one on ebay for 24.95. Ducting Fan

So we are down to our last 60-70 bucks.... Hmm what else can we add?

Maybe more fans inside. Maybe an extra ducting fan to further exhaust that heat that the light is gonna create. You Could also Build a carbon scrubber for your exhaust with that amount of money. There are lots of DIY's out there if you are handy and wanna go that route....

I'm sure someone else will have something to chime in, or maybe I forgot something. This will definately get you started though :grinjoint:;):smokin:

All I have to say is thank you so very much! I will post up some pictures of my closest soon, and then I'm off to buy all these things. I hope I don't look sketch. But eh. OKay. I got some new seeds germinating right now. So in the mean time I will take some pics of my room and my closest so you get to see what I'm working with. Thanks for the help. I will try to grow some good bud to smoke.
Heres what I got planed.
~1~I am going to take some pictures of my room and what it looks like outside, so you get the feeling of be right there with me as I begin to grow.
~2~Then I am going to clean my room and get it all aired out. I smoke a lot in my room, so that might harm the plants.
~3~After that I am going to print out the list and post it in my room and check off the items I have and don't have (got to be organized).
~4~ Then once I have bought everything. I am going to set it all up.
~5~ Then I will move the plants into the bigger plant pots and grow, grow.
~Tamemoe~

Create a Grow Journal man!!! Alot of people look them over and if they see your doing something wrong they will post and help ya out!!!! You can check mine out its in my signature!!! Good Luck and Lets see ya get some good smoke!!!

Once I get everything to grow I will consider it. This is my first time growing. I have read a lot about it but the best training is growing a plant. Oh Chameleon I did look at your grow journal very nice. I want to see were it turns out. You forgot one of those timers so I can do a 12/12 on the plants.

Westbud thanks for the comment. I'm glad me smoking in my room wont affect the outcome of my plants.
Tommorow I will work on getting pictures up of my room to show you all what I'm working with.
~Tamemoe~

Woot! My room is clean. I think I did a nice job. I will be posting pictures in the morning (when I wake up) so I can show you the backyard and show my room if you were looking in from the outside. I got wood blinds so I think were good. Well here we go guys and gals.
:)
~Tamemoe~

Here are the pictures that I promised. Tell me what you think.
Here is my bedroom look if you were standing in my doorway.
P7231685.JPG

This is one of me standing on one of my beds facing the closet.
P7231686.JPG

Here is one picture of my closet.
P7231687.JPG

Here is a picture of my closet and the left hand side. I took out the breakers from the last picture to make more space. The tall closet space measures in at 42 inches length, and 15 inches width. The left and right hand side spaces in the closet measure out to the same 42 inches in length and 27 inches in width.
P7231690.JPG

Here is a picture looking out my window. I am on the second story.
P7231691.JPG

Here is a picture of my wooden blinds.
P7231692.JPG

This picture is of me standing on my porch and looking into my room with the blinds down. You can't tell that my lights are even on :)
P7231693.JPG

Enjoy
~Tamemoe~

GOODD! That will be a big help. My sister was saying that if it smells like bud she is going to fucking kill me. LOl. I am not sure where to put the carbon scrubber or how I know I am using it the right way but I'll learn.
~I'm open to ideas so let me hear them. I am going to buy all the lights on ebay and just about everything from ebay. Post up and ideas or thoughts. Trust me for a frist time growr any ideas or tips HELP!
~Tamemoe~

Back
Top Bottom