HotshotShorty

What does this look like?
damage2.JPG

traces.JPG

indoor
soil
northern lights
:peace:

I did find some black specks under one leaf. Thrip droppings?
I have seen A gnat like insect buzzing around, but nothing crawling.

what is your opinion of sm90?

Yup i believe ya on the right track as evidence appears thrip related.

I'm not familar with sm90 ? you may wish to investigate a thrip control method asap.

These peeps are forum sponsor with a product i hear only good news with - SNS 209 Systemic Insect Control | Sierra Natural Science check em out.

one photo is of "tracks"
the other is of like blisters..?

Well thrips are aprox 1mm in size & do flap about abit which are often a dark colour... all this may depend on species of thrip with that being many which may leave a small dark coloured poop like trace behid em after feeding they are known to be sap suckers which may have blister/small dot like effect on infected/feed leafs !

Large infestations are bad for plant health !

Leaf miners leave a tunnel like effect in the leafs & if still present in leaf you will be able to see the little critter with in the membrane of the leaf & with a gentle crushing motion between thumb 'n' fore finger can be destroyed !

By typing in thrip or leaf miner into your internet search engine google/yahoo what ever you should find suitable evidence to support what is said...

This may include active ingredents used in such rememdies to remove such pests or other brand names of pesticides !

Damn Bugs... There s nothing worse than having a bad infest. of a parasitic pest that harms your girls!! WAR ON BUGS!!! Goodluck on your mission, Hope you get it sorted. Smokemup..

It has been a real learning curve.....
I got some clones, (legal)
I got some potting soil.
Clones had a near death experience due to the fact the potting soil had everything plants needed with the exception of nutrients.
Miracle grow to the rescue- all I had.
Powdery mildew raised its head. A h2o2 - water- dish soap- made it go away... Oh no !! It is systemic. it is still hiding inside. Damn.
Then bugs.
It looked like thrips, had all the signs, but then there were "blisters" -- about as wide as a thrip trail & about 1/10 inch long. I got some stuff called Mite. garlic oil, mint-I believe... other stuff. Sprayed it twice. I THINK they are gone. I only saw one little crawly thing & it disappeared by the time I got a magnifier.
Then there was the battle of my well water which was apparently buffered(naturally) to be a ph of about 8.5.
So I got an RO unit. The water is CCCcold & pressure kinda low which makes it s l o w . . .
Got some Oregon grow bags off eBay. I LIKE them. 5 gal. Nice strong handles on the things.
I am trusting Foxfarm on their nutrients and Happy Frog.
So everything is hunkydory right now.
cept, the edges of a couple leaves have turned down. Aha! Watson, The game is afoot.

Back
Top Bottom