What dose do you use for microdosing psilocybin mushrooms?

Hey all,
I've tried microdosing a couple of times now. Once with 0.4g, and once with 0.6g.
I really didn't notice much difference between them, and I'm wondering what experiences you guys have had, and if there's a particular dose or method you'd recommend?

Hi Mel!
I started with recommendations of .1g for microdosing, but immediately realized that I wanted to feel it. I don't want to trip, but I want to know that I have taken something and want to be able to see its effect in the way I relate to the world. I want to feel enhanced, if even in just a small way. .1g might get the activating agents into my body, and if I were giving it to my Grandmother, this is where I would start, but for an everyday toker like me however, I start at .5g, and if the occasion calls for it, a full gram, just to be on that edge.

I have never considered growing my own until now, so the quality of what I have been getting could be suspect, and I might change my dosage opinions upon trying fresh goods that I have made myself. For the last 3-5 years, with the quality I come across in my travels, this long drawn out response is my answer. I don't even know at this point if I am doing this right, and I am ready to learn.

We used to get liberty caps, you counted out 20-35 (depending on what you wanted), and ate em! Sorry, can't be more help.
Lol!
That sounds like the first time I tried them in the 90s, aka the night the cieling melted!
Hi Mel!
I started with recommendations of .1g for microdosing, but immediately realized that I wanted to feel it. I don't want to trip, but I want to know that I have taken something and want to be able to see its effect in the way I relate to the world. I want to feel enhanced, if even in just a small way. .1g might get the activating agents into my body, and if I were giving it to my Grandmother, this is where I would start, but for an everyday toker like me however, I start at .5g, and if the occasion calls for it, a full gram, just to be on that edge.

I have never considered growing my own until now, so the quality of what I have been getting could be suspect, and I might change my dosage opinions upon trying fresh goods that I have made myself. For the last 3-5 years, with the quality I come across in my travels, this long drawn out response is my answer. I don't even know at this point if I am doing this right, and I am ready to learn.
Hi Em!
That's interesting, I'd heard that you didn't really feel it at 0.1g, that it was more of a buff on your perceptions at that dose, so I didn't try it myself.
I found 0.4 and 0.6 grams to be pretty similar to the high of a really clear and soft hitting strain. I really enjoyed it.
I haven't gone up from there yet, though, and like yourself I'd really prefer to use something I grew myself.
I'll be trying a higher dose of what I have in a couple of days, and I'm wondering if I should go with 1g, or finish it all off at 1.5g.
I'm really looking to learn too!

You need to specify how the dose is prepared. A gram of dried material is about equal to 10 grams of undried mushrooms (90% water weight). Truffles are heavier than fresh mushrooms because of the grain content. 10 grams of fresh shrooms is a reasonable dose but 10 grams of dry shrooms would get an elephant ripped.

You need to specify how the dose is prepared. A gram of dried material is about equal to 10 grams of undried mushrooms (90% water weight). Truffles are heavier than fresh mushrooms because of the grain content. 10 grams of fresh shrooms is a reasonable dose but 10 grams of dry shrooms would get an elephant ripped.
Good point. I'm using dried shrooms.
It's also shrooms that I'm interested learning to grow.

I get dried penis envy. Last week I took 2.52 grams. I use a spice grinder and grind them up and make a tea with tea and a clove and creamer (can’t get over the nasty taste) then drink it with some fresh lemon juice that helps to activate it a little faster.
I Wouldn’t call it a micro dose but it was still about a 1/2 to 3/4 a gram short of a a full psychedelic experience.
My body gets nothing with any less weight so I’m not sure what the micro dose is supposed to do.
Personally I want at least 3 to 4 grams to get a full experience. My weight is 185 lbs at 5’ 8”

That sounds about right. CL🍀. :thumb: :surf:Edit: But I also have seen the potency drastically increased from a different location.

@Melville Hobbes , EZMushroom.com is a web site with some good info for beginners.

BTW, you can buy spore syringes or vials because there is no psilocybin or live fungi, and why you can't buy liquid culture syringes/vials in the USA.
Thanks for the info. I'm betting a syringe won't make it across the border though.
I've been watching some videos on a yt channel called the Amateur Mycologist, and as far as environment goes it looks like my smaller tent is pretty good for shrooms over the winter.
I'll definitely go over that site as well.
I get dried penis envy. Last week I took 2.52 grams. I use a spice grinder and grind them up and make a tea with tea and a clove and creamer (can’t get over the nasty taste) then drink it with some fresh lemon juice that helps to activate it a little faster.
I Wouldn’t call it a micro dose but it was still about a 1/2 to 3/4 a gram short of a a full psychedelic experience.
My body gets nothing with any less weight so I’m not sure what the micro dose is supposed to do.
Personally I want at least 3 to 4 grams to get a full experience. My weight is 185 lbs at 5’ 8”
I've been using Albino Teacher (supposedly). My first experience was ground shrooms mixed with peanut butter made into a pb&j sandwich :laugh:
I don't have much of a tolerance yet, but like I mentioned above 0.5ish grams gives me a functional high without noticeable visual effects. Just slightly brighter colours maybe, similar to a medium potency strain with no sedation or fuzziness, mixed with a bit of a CBD strain.
I remember what a full trip was like, and it's definitely an experience I'd like to repeat in the right setting.
Good point on body size too, I'm slightly over 6', 205lbs.
That sounds about right. CL🍀. :thumb: :surf:Edit: But I also have seen the potency drastically increased from a different location.
Potency and effects are supposed to differ between strains like cannabis does, right?
I just pinch off a little piece and take it with my supplements every morning. Now I’m curious how much I’ve been taking.
Given the prices here I've been weighing mine pretty carefully. I also wanted a baseline measure of how I reacted to it before going full steam ahead with them.

I am a regular and avid user of Psilocybin; I make my own capsules for micro dose using dry powdered mushrooms. I find a 0.300 gram is a perfect micro for me, thats what the capsules holds tightly packed. I used some Liberty caps for my micro dose but have several different strains at the moment.

My highest Macro dose has been 5 grams. Definitely not something to do on a Sunday night, set up and setting will make a difference in your experience, my main focus has been spiritual as I have already gone thru the other teachings.

I have never done Hero dose yet 7 grams. or more.

I was microdosing fresh Tamp Stones for a while, really enjoyed those and simple to grow (crazy they aren't more popular). .8-.9 was perfect, just over a gram and it was fine, but more of a body hit for a bit, then faded pretty quickly and the brain focus, vibrant colors, etc.... are definitely apparent.

Dry Cubes, .3-.6 should be fine for most on the micro level, up to .8, but I've had regular cubes in the past (BHT) hit pretty decent (visuals) at 1.5g. I mainly grow PE or TaT varieties these days, and I warn people that want to do big doses, a buddy of mine had a novice friend that took some Melmak (below) (1.8) and it hit him HARD.

P1160500.JPG

Check out these APE reverts, I prefer the original APE looks wise, but these shoot spores easy and put out better flushes and are short just like APE.

P1160683.JPG

Hi Mel!

1g of what I grow would be too much my wife ate .7g and had to go lay down she said she couldn't keep up with all the colors and it was too much LOLz . I usually micro dose at .3g at .3 I deff know I've taken something. but I will be planning on taking another GOD dose at 30g tonight :) I already got the butterflies in my stomach🦋

20230202_101921.jpg

20220606_062104.jpg

Back
Top Bottom