What i need to start growing

kells420

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I was seeing if you could post the things you need to start a small closet grow. Like what type of lights where to get seeds ect.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I was seeing if you could post the things you need to start a small closet grow. Like what type of lights where to get seeds ect.

It depends on what your willing to spend. A little closet setup can be quite elaborate with the potential of a great harvest or simple and cheap with a small harvest.

Why dont you start off stating what you think you can afford and then maybe I/we can help you.

3 main lights used
Compact fluorescent (CFL)- Cheap, not a big producer unless you have a ton of them, even then harvests look scraggly to me

(HID) Metal Halide, HPS- Medium range expense, most widely used, big producer depending upon wattage

LED- all different kinds out there and deceiving claims on most, produce less heat, very expensive compared to HID, great producer if you purchase a good unit from a reliable manufacture

Seeds- Nirvana is a sponsor of the forum and the only company I have purchased from, stealth shipping, good customer support and a fairly good variety

All that info is on here.

What do you want to start with?Check out some grow journals first, then let us know or pm me, I'll do my best to help.

Search around like everyone stated and get some ideas first then tell us a budget...what kind of system you would like....size of the space you have and we can see what we can come up with....but like prairie stated we can't do everything for you...you have to be willing to meet us half way :thumb: Oh and WELCOME TO :420: the greatest MJ community in the WORLD!!

Would it help if we came over and did the rest of the work for you too?

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Search around like everyone stated and get some ideas first then tell us a budget...what kind of system you would like....size of the space you have and we can see what we can come up with....but like prairie stated we can't do everything for you...you have to be willing to meet us half way :thumb: Oh and WELCOME TO :420: the greatest MJ community in the WORLD!!

Actually, I'm going to come back in here and apologize, to kells420 and the rest of :420:. Sorry about the attitude.

You asked a very open ended question, that is very hard to answer well. Like the others that replied, we need more from you to be helpful. Tell us what you are thinking and let us guide you to helpful places and answers.

It depends on what your willing to spend. A little closet setup can be quite elaborate with the potential of a great harvest or simple and cheap with a small harvest.

Why dont you start off stating what you think you can afford and then maybe I/we can help you.

3 main lights used
Compact fluorescent (CFL)- Cheap, not a big producer unless you have a ton of them, even then harvests look scraggly to me

(HID) Metal Halide, HPS- Medium range expense, most widely used, big producer depending upon wattage

LED- all different kinds out there and deceiving claims on most, produce less heat, very expensive compared to HID, great producer if you purchase a good unit from a reliable manufacture

Seeds- Nirvana is a sponsor of the forum and the only company I have purchased from, stealth shipping, good customer support and a fairly good variety

Don't forget t5's

Here's what I started with; a LED light and the highly recommended company, Advanced Leds are available from this site for less than what I paid for mine 5 years ago. For me it more than paid for itself and I use it throughout the whole grow. Then I bought a 10 pack of seeds that were an indica sativa blend (good seeds at this site) for $50.00, a bag of mg organic soil from a local store approx $15.00(its certified by the omri organic recommend list) and it contains all thats needed for 2 months of grow but mj needs food started at 1 month so I went to the local nursery and got fertilizer,( for plants about 1 month old)I like "Jack classic". 30-10-10 for the veggin cycle and jack classics 15-30-15 for the flowering cycle. (approx $10-15.00 for the ferts). Thats it and I added on other products as I learned how to tune in the grow from info in the forums here. I want to add, that leds are indeed very good, excellent for personal grows like mine and during the whole time of my growing it's really strange how people that have never even seen one, down-grade them; there are some epic grows in the forums with them (I just checked out Zetai's Grapefruit Journal with a led) To me, in the long run, they are cheaper than any other grow light plus there's no heat and co2 problems that other lights have. Well I hope this helps you; good luck on your decisions.

Umm I think your confused brother it means it feeds for UP TO 2 months not meaning it starts feeding once your plants are 2months old...and most of the time mg soil is too hot for seedlings and needs to be cut with other soil amendments and adding more nutes would definitely make it hot...plus mj needs to start feeding around week 2...

Umm I think your confused brother it means it feeds for UP TO 2 months not meaning it starts feeding once your plants are 2months old...and most of the time mg soil is too hot for seedlings and needs to be cut with other soil amendments and adding more nutes would definitely make it hot...plus mj needs to start feeding around week 2...

Roger that: start feeding the plants at 4 weeks old, or 4 sets of leaves whichever comes first.

Mg organic is amended with chicken litter that is a slow release fertilizer that is no way to hot for seeds or clones. It's served my babies well for 5 years now. I strayed away from it once to try fox farm and ran right back to it after losing some pricey seeds. After that I did my research digging for Y &
Fox Farm Ocean Forest is too hot for seeds or clones and needs to be cut with no-nute soil cause it's amended with worm castings and guano which are both fast released and last only one month. :peace:

Idk about the organic but I said most mg soil is too hot...ive never seen anyone use the organic though I've seen people use the potting soils and it burned their plants up

Idk about the organic but I said most mg soil is too hot...ive never seen anyone use the organic though I've seen people use the potting soils and it burned their plants up

Ah gotcha Yeah miracle grow has many made for lawn, grass, raised beds, etc etc but (and understand I'm not tryin to sell it), the one thats the Organic labeled is superior, even listed as certified on the omri.org and in other soil reviews I read. Mg Organic contains the exact composition as ocean forest, ie sphag, perlite, compost bark, micro marines,humas, mag, cal, sulfer and value .10-.05-.05.
The only exception is the chicken litter nute rather than worm castings that's in ffof, and of course the price difference. All this research I did because of the insults and ragging on about the mg when I mentioned it to other growers- I wanted to make sure I was right lol. K, my 2-cents --- cheers & :peace:

I am growing this plant indoor, under a spiral flourescent. will these lights flower my plant and how much longer do you think till it flowers???? it came from a seed a very good one from the club here in cali ... i also have this light bulb, its 590 lumens and has a full color spectrum. i would imagine this is better then the one i am using.. feed back is much appeiciated

e775b27b.jpg

aaffefb4.jpg

56da57ab.jpg
02d62cf2.jpg

I am growing this plant indoor, under a spiral flourescent. will these lights flower my plant and how much longer do you think till it flowers???? it came from a seed a very good one from the club here in cali ... i also have this light bulb, its 590 lumens and has a full color spectrum. i would imagine this is better then the one i am using.. feed back is much appeiciated

It wont ever flower unless you change its light schedule to 12 hours or less. Unless its an autoflower. That reveal light you have there is kind of worthless, it produces more heat then light. Use the cfl's (spiral bulbs) in the color temp range of 5000 for veg and once you want it to flower, switch the bulbs to a color temp of 2900-3000,,,then cut your lights down to only on for 12 hours, off for 12.

Your plants look healthy

Imo you need HID lighting.the cfl's Will grow it,i used them on my first serious grow indoor produced good tight nuggs. seems it took long time to ripen . Bought a 400 watt HPS and my current grow (same flowering time) and at 25 days in 12/12 it has twice the size at this time as the cfl's did..when you get up around 200-300actual watts it not really economical IMHO.

Actually, I'm going to come back in here and apologize, to kells420 and the rest of :420:. Sorry about the attitude.

While you might have been a little abrupt, your advice was right on the money and I would have posted the same link you did had you not.

I've got nothing against doing a little hand-holding, do that occasionally myself, and might have been the recipient of some of it way back when.

But that mega-thread ought to be required reading for everyone that wishes to get into growing cannabis. It's there for a reason.

I once met someone who paid another person too much money to set them up with a garden. That person did so - and then disappeared. So my friend's garden failed. It started ok, I suppose. But he didn't understand enough basics to even recognize a problem as a problem when things started going wrong (as things have a knack for doing when one doesn't have a clue). He realized there were issues late, had to depend on others for advice, and when given advice he didn't understand enough to put that advice to good use. He was rather discouraged when I met him, lol.

The OP, by their words, showed that they are interested in growing cannabis - and that they don't know anything about it. You don't jump out of a plane and then ask for help with parachuting. You don't even get on the plane until you've done a little studying.

Cannabis is pretty easy to grow. But it's important to do a little learning first - if you don't want to have to do a little learning (the hard way) later.

Visiting that link, and following the links to other threads linked from it... Will give a person some of the knowledge that they know to ask useful, specific questions - and to help understand the answers they receive. Just asking, "How do I do it and what do I need..." It's not a good way to go about it and really ends up wasting a lot of people's time as they stop to explain things at every step (and to do so again when the next person comes along).

It's not like you were shunning the person when you suggested they read the grow-faq. We really do want people to learn and acquire knowledge here. That's what it's all about, yes?

Back
Top Bottom