What is a Good Strain for a Beginning Grower?

Tejas

I hope this e-mail finds everyone well.

I am currently 3 1/2 weeks into flower a beautiful sativa looking gal that I started from bag seed. This is my first grow. I started with 3 plants; one died at early age (RIP babygirl) and one turned out to be a male, which I pulled, leaving me with one. It's all good, live and learn. I used the hempy method in perlite/vermiculite with cfl lighting. I have a small indoor grow closet (2' x 2.5' x 5').

My questions is would you please recommend a strain for my next grow? I want something potent, easy to grow and makes alot of bud. I wanted to buy feminized seeds for this. I also plan on taking a cutting from my current plant and to grow a plant from. So, I will start round 2 with 2 or 3 plants, total.

As always, thank you for your input and advice.

Tejas

I just finished my first grow ever in a turnkey closet system. I grew Medijuana, a very potent indica. It is available feminized. The plants remained very compact but laden with buds. It is labeled as easy to moderate in growing difficulty, and it thrived despite my ignorance and mistakes.

I ended up with only two females as I did not use feminized. From those two I got 73 gr bud dried plus 22 gr trim dried. Still curing so have not used any yet. Not at home or I would post pics.

I will very likely get the feminized seeds next time and clone.

Thanks mellowmama, I plan to buy feminized seeds for my next grow. Yea, I'd like to see your pics. What size closet do you grow in?

I am so tempted to pinch a small one off right now, but don't want to waste that little bud's potential..haha If I'm only going to get a couple ounces from a plant, I need to learn how to grow faster to keep up with my usage.

try ak48 easy to grow short flower time and looks like the the yeild will be pretty nice:)
I'am growing it now as I type. so if you like check out my thread.
good luck with what ever you choose:)

My closet is 2 x 3 x 6. I hope to grow 6 plants this time. I will post some pics.

Tried the Medijuana first time last night. OMFG!!!! great stuff. Couldn't move a muscle. Beautiful visual effects. No pain. Gonna buy more seeds today and try to clone.

Good morning MM, was just looking at one of the sponsors (single seed) and they didn't offer the Medijuana seeds. Does it go by different names? Where do you buy from?

They did have a strain that was described as 60 days from seen to harvest, which sounds great to me. My only experience so far is from bag seed.

You could try some Auto Blue Mystic, or some Auto Sweet Tooth. I've heard they are very good strains, and ordered them myself last week. I am going to start a grow journal once I have everything in my possession. I'm going to be growing 1 of each just to test out the yields and 2 different grows. I've heard amazing things about sweet tooth, but nothing major on blue mystic but very excited to try it :D

Thanks frosown,

Where do you buy your seeds from? I'm at a point where I need to get them ordered, if I want to have them ready to go when I harvest. I hope to harvest in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks frosown,

Where do you buy your seeds from? I'm at a point where I need to get them ordered, if I want to have them ready to go when I harvest. I hope to harvest in the next couple of weeks.
Kk, well there's a couple different sites i trust, as i've heard many great things about both and used 1 myself.
Marijuana Seeds - The Single Seed Centre
and Herbies. Herbies is actually a sponsor of this site, and their pick n mix is crazy cheap and you also get free seeds! But WWMS is my favorite, their auto flower section is great, lots of fem seeds, and great descriptions of each and ETA on flower times and grow heights.
Grow on :D

I also plan on taking a cutting from my current plant and to grow a plant from.

You might want to plan on taking multiple cuttings just to be sure one roots successfully. I had a similar situation to yours where I started with 3 plants from seed and 2 turned out to be male so I was left with only one female to flower. Well I took a few clippings for clones, but later on I also wanted to just trim some of the lower growth since it wasnt getting much light anyways. I decided I might as well try cloning those lower clippings also (just for the practice) and they have been doing great. Now I have 6 successful clones that are vegging (4 didn't make it I think because they were just too tiny to start with). To think at this point in my first grow I had 3 unknowns and now I have 6 guaranteed females feels great.

As for strains, I can't offer much because I still haven't harvested my first grow of Blue Mystic but I am nearly there. Once I get to finally light it up I'll let you know. ;-)

Thanks frosown, Outspoken and Amsterdam28.

I have looked at Single Seed (a sponsor) but no others. I think I'm going to try a fem ak-48 for my next grow, but I need to get my seeds ordered. I believe to have about another week and a half until harvest.

I had a little set back this past weekend, which i hope doesn't effect my harvest to badly.....I had to go out of town for 3 days and my plant didn't get watered as it should. I tried to throw together a quick drip system, but it didn't work and stressed my sweet girl...her fan leaves all turned yellow. I'm back to giving her the TLC she deserves and hopefully back on track.

I do have a couple of plants taken from cuttings that are in flowering now because i only have one grow space, so i do have some options. Its just figuring out which one to go with.

Thanks for the input and ideas, great growing to you.

Thanks frosown, Outspoken and Amsterdam28.

I have looked at Single Seed (a sponsor) but no others. I think I'm going to try a fem ak-48 for my next grow, but I need to get my seeds ordered. I believe to have about another week and a half until harvest.

I had a little set back this past weekend, which i hope doesn't effect my harvest to badly.....I had to go out of town for 3 days and my plant didn't get watered as it should. I tried to throw together a quick drip system, but it didn't work and stressed my sweet girl...her fan leaves all turned yellow. I'm back to giving her the TLC she deserves and hopefully back on track.

I do have a couple of plants taken from cuttings that are in flowering now because i only have one grow space, so i do have some options. Its just figuring out which one to go with.

Thanks for the input and ideas, great growing to you.

Shoot, any pictures mate? Im so sorry for your girl! But i think she will manage to pull through, but maybe not such a nice yield :/ Next time if possible, have a very trusty friend, or partner in fact water it for you. Also, invest in another grow space if available! Good luck, and post pictures of your girl!

Look at the sponsors section here. There are several seed companies listed. I don't have any experience with them, as of yet, but will be making a purchase in the next few days. I believe I'm going to try the Single Seed Co.

Thanks The general, thats what I'm looking for for my next grow.

I've also been advised AK-48 too. Do you have any experience with it?
Hey, off topic question...is it normal for the small fan leaves growing around the cola to turn yellow during the late stages of 12/12 flowering, about 2 weeks before harvest?

I hope this e-mail finds everyone well.

I am currently 3 1/2 weeks into flower a beautiful sativa looking gal that I started from bag seed. This is my first grow. I started with 3 plants; one died at early age (RIP babygirl) and one turned out to be a male, which I pulled, leaving me with one. It's all good, live and learn. I used the hempy method in perlite/vermiculite with cfl lighting. I have a small indoor grow closet (2' x 2.5' x 5').

My questions is would you please recommend a strain for my next grow? I want something potent, easy to grow and makes alot of bud. I wanted to buy feminized seeds for this. I also plan on taking a cutting from my current plant and to grow a plant from. So, I will start round 2 with 2 or 3 plants, total.

As always, thank you for your input and advice.

Tejas

The first strain I grew, a few years back, was Pure Power Plant from Nirvana ( feminized) . It had a tremendous yeild for the area I was useing. My flower room is an 8 ft. x 8 ft. room with 4 ( 400 watt) hps lamps. The smoke was very good and it remained my main grow for 2 more years. I produced almost 4 lbs out of that small space by vegging until they reached a height of 18 to 24 inches. Power Plant also clones very easy. I also grew it outdoors with an average of 1 1/4 lbs per plant in 45 gal smart pots.
Another easy beginer strain is white widow, just go easy on the nutes for this strain. It also clones easily and is a good producer.

Back
Top Bottom