What is Diatomaceous Earth all about?

I would ask are the ants walkin thru it or have contact with this( get it on them). Also the ants follow invisiable therimon trail. So the one`s you see truggin` along are merelly a few of 100,000.00 an hour that will follow the trial . If they die back in nest they get consumed and no real way to tell. Unless its an ant farm, like you had as a kid. To see the ones that walked by an hour ago and have died in nest. I found it good on catipiler, leaf cutting beetles, those rolly-polly bugs that eat roots. Main thing is to have them contact this stuff as they move and clean themselfs they work it in and doom!!! So misting area and plant will help hold this in/on area where applied. The ants are the friendly fire casualties. In fact had ants make nest in one pot,when I dug in to transplant they had little larve and where carrying them around. If anything they help airate the soil with there tunnels and if they are nesting. Anything no matter how big will be destoryed and eaten if it gets near there larve. NEVER had an issuee of any kind with ants damaging/destorying plants or affecting growth. We have fire ants big time!!!! When I go on full moon to check on them, if you walk thru or stand in a mound not seeing it. Dont worry it only takes 30 seconds and you will be ripping off shoes, socks and pants really quick!! The screams will alert people to grow so these bastards have been my only ant problem!!!! JUST USE CARE IT~S POISON and if you look at it compared to coffee creamer powder you cant tell the differance. PEACE and death to those who come for your plants.:thumb:

They are jumping around and running through it acting like their at a resort on a sandy beach. I applied a half inch right on top of them. Today there is less of them, so its possible it could be just taking a little longer to react on the ants. If they do disappear or I see dead ones I'll see if I can get a moderator to adjust my post.

Hey guys, thanks for all the valuable info. I was wondering, when you add it to your soil as an ammendment, how long does it last?
Should it be applied before or after cooking?
Should it be re-applied in case of soil being recycled?

Back
Top Bottom