What is Highest grams per watt completed

OttawaGreen

Hello all,
I am trying to compare legit highest Gpw available. Any light tech is allowed but you must have a link to a legit journal showing the Gpw with mj weight and real draw light watts.
Many of us have beat 1gpw, but who has higher than that? What is the highest so far?

Regards,
OG

Maybe state what kind of light you used to get whatever Gpw too for comparison.
So those antique hps guys can brag on their getting .5 Gpw to be king of the special kids so that we don't leave all of them behind with much better performing LEDs...

My personal opinion is that you cant get more than 1 gram per 1 draw watt no matter what light source you use. If you are drawing 600 watts then you can grow 600 watts. And im talking actual dry cannabis buds, not this half wet bud that most on here weight and take pictures of and claim that as their total harvest... :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo: (No offense to anyone)

If you can get more than that, awesome! Show me =)

I think L.A regularly yields over 1g per watt. Around 1.2 if my maths are correct. He's got all the top gear now but I'm talking about his first grows on site with a single 400watt hps. Nothing sophisticated but very good training and 16-19 oz off the think space and one plant

My personal opinion is that you cant get more than 1 gram per 1 draw watt no matter what light source you use. If you are drawing 600 watts then you can grow 600 watts. And im talking actual dry cannabis buds, not this half wet bud that most on here weight and take pictures of and claim that as their total harvest... :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo: (No offense to anyone)

If you can get more than that, awesome! Show me =)

Thats the truth. I see "weight" in pictures and theres a 2" long stem still attached. How the fuck is the stem weight? Then you see people say "I have 16 ounces wet, itll turn out to 8 ounces dry Im sure" and never hear back from them.

My weight ALWAYS goes up when I store as I keep them at about 60% humidity, but I weigh when completely dry (about 10-15% humidity) and right after I trim it all off. So you figured the actual weight @ optimal humidity is going to be higher but I dont claim to have that weight.

As for GPW, its a terrible measure. Every plant is different. Also, if you are utilizing too small of a space with too much light (like me), you really dont know what your true yield would be per watt of light if you had the area. On the flip side, some people do not use enough lighting in an area and actually hurt what their GPW COULD be if they had a proper lighting setup. Then you have strains which make a HUGE difference. You get a high yielding strain vs. low yielding and it makes a large difference (sometimes up to 100% difference).

As far as LED, I have 400w of Cree CXB3070 running the same strain in the same area that I just flowered with 1000w HPS. I yielding 600g in a 2'x5' area w/ my 1k HPS (not optimal at all). I am hoping to yield about 500g off the LED but only time will tell. Even if I only hit 400g, I think it would be a huge win.

This is why I wanted to know what others are getting so I know how I am doing and if I should do better. As for room size and stuff like that, that is part of grow optimization, if you chose the wrong size light of course that will affect your gpw. I am trying to improve mine always.

As for wet weight, I think all weight should be done after cure at 62%. I would never ruin a cure by drastically over drying to 10-15% nor would I want to smoke 10-15% that is marijauna powder not proper nugs. It burns perfect for me at 62% and that is where I keep it for cure as well.

Powder not proper nugs? lol.... The humidity you store it at and the humidity it dries at are two different things. I live in a VERY dry climate and I dry in a dry climate. While it may dry to a lower humidity, it is also a much quicker dry and once cured, I utilize humidity packs to keep it where it needs to be.

Just because you know nothing about growing in another climate does not mean its wrong. Go look at some of my pics and tell me if its powder.

Alls im saying is, GPW is a HORRIBLE scale to tell if you are optimal or not unless you have previously grown that strain in optimal conditions and you know what it should yield. There are some plants that have the potential for 750g per sq. meter and some that will only do 400g in that same area regardless of how good your setup is.

If you are still utilizing EShine LEDS, Id say your setup is not near optimal.

My eshine LEDs are doing better than many others gpw. This thread is about gpw, I don't really care if you don't believe in it, you don't have to post your best if you don't want to.
True enough on the strain difference though. I want the best strains and will take a lower yield of quality over higher yield of low quality. Chocolope seem to be very good quality to me. Yield never seemed huge though. 7-8oz per plant 16" tall. 2'x2' across.

Oh and part of it for me was cheap cost. I wanted the best bang for the buck and I was surprised how well these cheap Chinese LEDs work. You have never tried them, so why do you have to insist they don't work when they do for me?

All im saying is i have quite a few grows under my belt now and I dont care if ive had 4 plants or 1 plant using my 600 watt HPS I will ALWAYS only yield 600 grams. This is why I say and personal opinion that no one will get more than around 1 gram per draw wattage. Ive used SCROG and natural and topping and training and defoliating. Its always 600 grams no matter the strain I have grown yet. I dont think its possible to get MORE than around the 1 gram per watt mark. If there is SHOW ME! Show me the results and how its grown. If someone can get more than 1 gram per watt than show us and we can go from there. And im not talking no BS 1.04 or anything like that I mean 1.5-2 grams per watt is what I want to see. Not saying it cant be done but 1 gram per watt is about the limit... Energy in energy out and its a good mesurament to go by. Do I want 2 grams per watts? SURE! If you can show me a LED, HPS, CFL that can do it ILL BUY IT TODAY! =) Like i said i want the most efficient, most weight per my draw wattage that im using... Bottom line. LED cant get me there.... YET

My HPS setups are cheaper, I get more weight per wattage and thats what im paying monthly for. LED cost double and give me half the weight. No thanks

Ottawa are you at the 1 gram per wattage yet? I think you told me but I forgot? I havent seen a LED grow that gets 1 gram per wattage I dont believe.

The critical kush I have now is not going to be a star I don't think. This grow I will be lucky if I get a pound. But next grow I move to the monster (ok tiny by you big guys standards but it is personal sized) 2x6 cabinet
Building my new cabinet 7' tall by 6' wide by 2 feet deep hydroponic/led/light mover
I think this will make a big difference because I was getting tip bleaching in the 2x4 cabinet and had to live up to 17" above. So if I go to 2x6 I should be able to go nice and close. Also adjustable shelves this time for the hydro setup to allow easier light balancing for the ones who bleach white first.

Critical Kush is a pretty good yielder I thought. That is what I yielded the 600g with in a 2'x5' with 1.5 month veg time. We will see how inefficient I was on the 1000w in that small area as I have 400w of LED now for the same strain.

And yes, strain makes a HUGE difference in GPW. If you do not believe that, you have only grown high yielding strains. Some strains just do not produce like others, this is a fact. Hell, even the same strain can produce different amounts with different phenotypes.

I don't have a journal being i just joined this site recently but i will share my results any way. I use to run hydrofarm raptors with global greenhouse 1000w digital ballast and ushio 1000w hps bulbs. Each light over a 4x4 area, 8 lights in a 12'x20' room with a walkway down the middle and 2' on either end for equipment. I would average around .9 gpw pretty consistently. My high with that setup was just about 1 gpw.

I switched all my rooms a year back to ac/de hoods with nanolux de ballasts and ushio pro plus 1000w de bulbs. Same lay out as before. Now I am averaging 1.12 gpw. Imo the 1000w de's make a huge difference. I didn't change anything besides the lights. Same food, ph, ppm, ect. They definitely had a noticeable increase in yield on the first run. My best pull so far (got 11 runs down with them so far) was 1.2.

All the warehouse guys are switching to de's now. Imo they are the best bang for your buck. It was hard to get my ballasts in, all the different brands are sold out or on back order. My first choice was either gavita remote de ballast or hydrofarm phantom de ballast and I would have had to wait to get them (he wasn't sure how long, all he could get right away were 600's). The owner of the hydro store i use told me that people in colorado are buying all the de stuff up right now. I go to a pretty big store too, they have 3 locations and a really good selection of equipment. Imo de 1000's are what is going to give you the best yield.

Back
Top Bottom