What is that? Also why am I experiencing turned up tips?

Igot1two

What is the thing in the pistols? Also experiencing the turned up tips and Browning any thoughts , also this is week 5-6 lovely ladies want to keep them that way

1465182927532-1953613694.jpg
1465182871630-966382990.jpg
1465182836182-1397664432.jpg

Those are nanners - a hermaphrodite male flower on a female plant. They produce pollen and will seed your crop. But don't panic- they aren't too terrible to deal with in my experience. Get something sharp and pointy and go around and pick them out. Keep doing this till harvest. Usually they don't grow very many and they're controllable. You'll get some pollinated flowers and immature seeds at harvest but don't sweat it.
The burnt tips are mild nute burn. Time to start slowly winding down probably

Those are nanners - a hermaphrodite male flower on a female plant. They produce pollen and will seed your crop. But don't panic- they aren't too terrible to deal with in my experience. Get something sharp and pointy and go around and pick them out. Keep doing this till harvest. Usually they don't grow very many and they're controllable. You'll get some pollinated flowers and immature seeds at harvest but don't sweat it.
The burnt tips are mild nute burn. Time to start slowly winding down probably

Fine with having the knowledge, though the make sacks there but due to only a few sticking out thus far do I wait till they poke out and attack them just as so when they look like a pack of manners?

I'm having a little trouble understanding that question - but if you're asking about the process - I just go over the buds and pick out any nanners I can find - whenever I see them. It's not fun, but, in my experience anyway, it's fairly easy and I only have to do it a few times till they stop coming. Of course, results will vary depending on the situation.
Nanners are related to the plant's genetics, and are often caused by stress. The most common cause of nanners I've experienced has been light leaks. During flowering it's important to have total darkness at lights-out, with no random interruptions.

I'm having a little trouble understanding that question - but if you're asking about the process - I just go over the buds and pick out any nanners I can find - whenever I see them. It's not fun, but, in my experience anyway, it's fairly easy and I only have to do it a few times till they stop coming. Of course, results will vary depending on the situation.
Nanners are related to the plant's genetics, and are often caused by stress. The most common cause of nanners I've experienced has been light leaks. During flowering it's important to have total darkness at lights-out, with no random interruptions.

I'm had off,I think. So was trimming um and found a popped sack of nanners , but are my buds far enough along?

I'm had off,I think. So was trimming um and found a popped sack of nanners , but are my buds far enough along?
you should attempt to find and remove these nanners as soon as you see them. Your task is also to figure out why you have them... if it is not stress that you can identify, it is genetics, and I would never grow those seeds again.

as far as being far enough along at 5 or 6 weeks... you are far enough along that you wont be able to produce a lot of good viable seeds before your buds will ripen, but not far enough along to avoid freaking out your plant more than it already is. You also really don't know if this just now started, or if you are just now noticing it. If a bud gets pollinated (and if those things are bursting with a fan in the room, they are), processes change. Now the buds will be working overtime to produce seeds, and a lot of the energy will go to that... instead of oil production. Your bud will be of a lesser quality than it could have been, because the entire focus of the plant will have changed in that last two or three weeks. Don't let this happen. Get in there every day and go through them one branch at a time... you don't want these hermi prone seeds anyway.

Light leaks might cause hermies but any stress will do. Some strains are sensitive to over fertilising which seems to be the case given the nute burn. Also heat stress can turn them in some strains. As others have said, it's strain / pheno dependent on sensitivity to particular stressors

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So being a first time grow I remove the bunches up manners, but also looking for some extra and find singles doubles are these also manners and do I penetrate the mid to remove them

So being a first time grow I remove the bunches up manners, but also looking for some extra and find singles doubles are these also manners and do I penetrate the mid to remove them
nanners is what we call them around here, manners is cute though... but yeah, you got to get rid of them. If there are that many of them that this is looking to be a daunting task, it might be better to just start over... with better genetics or the stress situation eliminated.

I would take something 'poky' like a large needle for sewing leather, or really anything pointy like that, and go around levering or picking out the nanners, which show up because they're yellow. Yes they're often single or double as well as in bunches. Pry/dig the yellow flowers out of the buds. I assume that most of them are still going to be producing some pollen by the time they're visible. But nanners don't produce large amounts of pollen anyway, and digging them out is much better than just leaving them there -where you know that they will be releasing pollen for sure. And it gives you something to do- relieves the stress.
But- if you're getting hundreds of them, then you may want to rethink this.
Nanners are related to genetics as has been said. The seeds produced by these nanners of yours, if you got any seeds, would be more likely to grow plants which have nanners themselves. It's more common for a grow to be pollinated by nanners than it is to be pollinated by males. That's because males are quite obvious while nanners are not so easy to spot. This is why - when you find seeds in the bud you bought on the street, it's more likely to grow plants which have nanners during flowering. Perhaps this is where you got your seeds from?

I would take something 'poky' like a large needle for sewing leather, or really anything pointy like that, and go around levering or picking out the nanners, which show up because they're yellow. Yes they're often single or double as well as in bunches. Pry/dig the yellow flowers out of the buds. I assume that most of them are still going to be producing some pollen by the time they're visible. But nanners don't produce large amounts of pollen anyway, and digging them out is much better than just leaving them there -where you know that they will be releasing pollen for sure. And it gives you something to do- relieves the stress.
But- if you're getting hundreds of them, then you may want to rethink this.
Nanners are related to genetics as has been said. The seeds produced by these nanners of yours, if you got any seeds, would be more likely to grow plants which have nanners themselves. It's more common for a grow to be pollinated by nanners than it is to be pollinated by males. That's because males are quite obvious while nanners are not so easy to spot. This is why - when you find seeds in the bud you bought on the street, it's more likely to grow plants which have nanners during flowering. Perhaps this is where you got your seeds from?
Thank you all for your input on spotting and removing these manners I have inspected and rid of them all around 25 different spots throughout the whole plant , was good for me to spend more time with my girls

Just for everyone , thank you here is my girl Jack straw, wasn't able to take picks before bed time but here she is in all her beauty up close
0606162246.jpg

Back
Top Bottom