What is this? Seems to be getting worse, is it light burn?

spamshq

Edges of leaves are going a wierd black colour and brown spots on leaves. Tops of buds look a bit burnt but can’t tell. Any ideas. Thinking it called be light or nute burn. Day 33 since pistils
148F1A8E-9196-4122-AC3D-E80D37DEEF0E.jpeg

8EF3ACAF-CB73-44AE-8E17-16CC554288A5.jpeg

879CE0AB-8384-46AB-BC0B-854368712E63.jpeg

Edges of leaves are going a wierd black colour and brown spots on leaves. Tops of buds look a bit burnt but can’t tell. Any ideas. Thinking it called be light or nute burn. Day 33 since pistils
148F1A8E-9196-4122-AC3D-E80D37DEEF0E.jpeg

8EF3ACAF-CB73-44AE-8E17-16CC554288A5.jpeg

879CE0AB-8384-46AB-BC0B-854368712E63.jpeg
@spamshq beautiful garden, in order to help we need all your details.
Looks like the start of a deficiency, but without knowing everything I can't tell for sure. Medium, nutrients, environment etc...

@spamshq beautiful garden, in order to help we need all your details.
Looks like the start of a deficiency, but without knowing everything I can't tell for sure. Medium, nutrients, environment etc...
Thanks, I should have specified,

Soil - Bio Bizz All mix
Nutes - BioBizz bio grow (0.5ml/l) and bloom(1ml/l) and calmag (1ml/l)
Environment - around 40-50% Rh at 23-25 degrees C
Genetics - Barney's Farm Purple Punch Auto

Thanks, I should have specified,

Soil - Bio Bizz All mix
Nutes - BioBizz bio grow (0.5ml/l) and bloom(1ml/l) and calmag (1ml/l)
Environment - around 40-50% Rh at 23-25 degrees C
Genetics - Barney's Farm Purple Punch Auto
I don't use any of those products and can't sey from experience whats wrong. There is a grower here that's very knowledgeable, she will probably be along shortly.
What I see is a girl that looks slightly hungry with the start of a deficiency.
That nutrient line, do you have a feed schedule for it. Are you feeding according to chart/week. Also I might up your calmag, but let's see what others have to say.

I don't use any of those products and can't sey from experience whats wrong. There is a grower here that's very knowledgeable, she will probably be along shortly.
What I see is a girl that looks slightly hungry with the start of a deficiency.
That nutrient line, do you have a feed schedule for it. Are you feeding according to chart/week. Also I might up your calmag, but let's see what others have to say.
There is a feeding schedule but due to it being an auto flower I have been halting the nutes. Ill see what others say too thanks mate!

There is a feeding schedule but due to it being an auto flower I have been halting the nutes. Ill see what others say too thanks mate!
I don't know why you would hold back on the auto, they get as hungry as photo,s. Try and get on the proper feed schedule. If that doesn't help you may need to flush the pot and start feeding again.

Could it be lockout from too much calmag? I use the same stuff and the chart calls for way less than what you're feeding. Check it out.
Edit: Just realized I uploaded the spanish version, but it seems easy enough to figure out. :laughtwo:
No worries!
Maybe I have locked out from calmag. Should I feed only water for a few times and see if it improves? or just reduce. amount?

No worries!
Maybe I have locked out from calmag. Should I feed only water for a few times and see if it improves? or just reduce. amount?
If you want to feed plain water you should run 3x the pot size through it and feed again immediately after see if that helps.

Kinda looks like two different problems starting. I can see some minor burn on the serrated edges of some leaves in the first photo. If all that you get is a few here and there many growers accept it as OK.

The second photo has some spots that look like a darker green showing up. My limited experience in my growing and judging from the many photos showing similar spots on leaves I have the feeling that it is the first signs of a deficiency.

The BioBizz All Mix is 55% peat, 30% Perlite and some worm castings (10%) and 5% of some secret organic stuff. There is no real mineral soil in the mix. Any nutrients that the plant needs it will get from what you mix with the water since the grow mix supplies very little just like a hydroponic grow. You mention cutting back on the nutrients so the plants will soon be showing more problems.

I get the feeling that you have to go back to their feeding schedule and follow it for several days to see if the problems stop spreading.

Kinda looks like two different problems starting. I can see some minor burn on the serrated edges of some leaves in the first photo. If all that you get is a few here and there many growers accept it as OK.

The second photo has some spots that look like a darker green showing up. My limited experience in my growing and judging from the many photos showing similar spots on leaves I have the feeling that it is the first signs of a deficiency.

The BioBizz All Mix is 55% peat, 30% Perlite and some worm castings (10%) and 5% of some secret organic stuff. There is no real mineral soil in the mix. Any nutrients that the plant needs it will get from what you mix with the water since the grow mix supplies very little just like a hydroponic grow. You mention cutting back on the nutrients so the plants will soon be showing more problems.

I get the feeling that you have to go back to their feeding schedule and follow it for several days to see if the problems stop spreading.
There was a high ppm of run off of about 1600ppm so I have a feeling there was salt build. Don’t know if the flushing was the best idea because now I can’t water for another half week. But will be back on the normal feeding schedule again. Do you think I should half the normal feeding schdule cause it’s an auto flower or just go exact?

There was a high ppm of run off of about 1600ppm so I have a feeling there was salt build. Don’t know if the flushing was the best idea because now I can’t water for another half week. But will be back on the normal feeding schedule again. Do you think I should half the normal feeding schdule cause it’s an auto flower or just go exact?
Don't cut your nutrients like that. Try and go by recommendations on chart as best you can. From what I understand autos aren't the light feeders every one thinks. If you do get a little nutrient burn on tips don't fret. Just means your at ceiling of what she can handle. I always burn my tips.

Don't cut your nutrients like that. Try and go by recommendations on chart as best you can. From what I understand autos aren't the light feeders every one thinks. If you do get a little nutrient burn on tips don't fret. Just means your at ceiling of what she can handle. I always burn my tips.
Cheers. Next feed I will follow the chart exact and see how she responds. Hoping I didn't stunt or hurt her too much in the process

Do you think it would be bad to give one more water with nutes now or will that cause overwatering/ root rot problems ?

Do you think it would be bad to give one more water with nutes now or will that cause overwatering/ root rot problems ?
I generally feed immediately after if I flush salts out. But im in coco. If its soaking wet (soil) I'd leave it now and let it dry some. Overwatering once will not hurt anything. Its the accumulation of Overwatering that kills girls.

I generally feed immediately after if I flush salts out. But im in coco. If its soaking wet (soil) I'd leave it now and let it dry some. Overwatering once will not hurt anything. Its the accumulation of Overwatering that kills girls.
Ive poked some holes in. the soil and aimed the fan to get oxygen to the roots and ill feed when the soil is dry the first inch or two on top. Thanks for the help

It is a peat moss mix and once peat gets wet it will absorb a lot of water and hold onto the water for awhile.

You could try contacting BioBizz either by phone or eMail and asking them what to do.

Just sticking your finger into the peat moss only tells you how dry it is the first inch or two. It does not tell you how wet it is from there to the bottom. It is the very wet area below the finger tip deep hole that seems to cause many growers the problems.

It is a peat moss mix and once peat gets wet it will absorb a lot of water and hold onto the water for awhile.

You could try contacting BioBizz either by phone or eMail and asking them what to do.

Just sticking your finger into the peat moss only tells you how dry it is the first inch or two. It does not tell you how wet it is from there to the bottom. It is the very wet area below the finger tip deep hole that seems to cause many growers the problems.
Thanks you! I usually weigh the pot aswell as it gives a fairly good guideline of how much water is left

Back
Top Bottom