What is this?

2305 guy

Hi all, first time posting since joining the group. As ypou can see in the photos, one of the Bruce Banners has an issue. I thought it was LED light burn at first, but it is only happening on one plant, and its on the outside edge of the light canopy too. I do see some signs of whatever it is on another plant, Gorilla Glue on right side in the middle. ANy help or suggestions is much appreciated!

(3) Bruce Banner on left, (2) Gorilla Glue back right (1) Girl Scout Cookie front right.

Mostly all hybrid strains from 420 and approximately 9 months old and stored in black film cannisters in a fridge. (just being honest).

Cracked the beans 26 May. I cracked (8) total and picked the strongest (6) to grow.

Starting veg stage.

In door grow tent 5x5

Using Coco Bliss coco that I strained and buffered, also incorporated perlite at an approximate mix of 60 coco / 40 perlite. Girls are in 5 gallon SIP Buckets and I am using GROW DOTS (75 grams per 5 gallon) I used 60 grams due to only having 4 gallons of medium in each bucket.
I have a KIND X750 LED light and currently running 24/7 at 25% power setting and approximately inches from the light.
Air-cooled currently, tent sits right at 78/80 degrees

RH of Room/cab? roughly
I water with dose of Cal/Mag and PHd between 5.5 and 6.5, hand watering 2x daily until wicking kicks in.No pests yet????

Fert: Grow dots, Cal/Mag

The more I look at things, I think its a nute deficiency...As I look at the veins I can see the whiteish yellow discoloration moving toward the end of the leaf. I try to be very careful not to bring anything dirty in to the grow room / tent, and I don't even permit my two loyal pups to go in the room either. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_4419.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

Hi all, first time posting since joining the group. As ypou can see in the photos, one of the Bruce Banners has an issue. I thought it was LED light burn at first, but it is only happening on one plant, and its on the outside edge of the light canopy too. I do see some signs of whatever it is on another plant, Gorilla Glue on right side in the middle. ANy help or suggestions is much appreciated!

(3) Bruce Banner on left, (2) Gorilla Glue back right (1) Girl Scout Cookie front right.

Mostly all hybrid strains from 420 and approximately 9 months old and stored in black film cannisters in a fridge. (just being honest).

Cracked the beans 26 May. I cracked (8) total and picked the strongest (6) to grow.

Starting veg stage.

In door grow tent 5x5

Using Coco Bliss coco that I strained and buffered, also incorporated perlite at an approximate mix of 60 coco / 40 perlite. Girls are in 5 gallon SIP Buckets and I am using GROW DOTS (75 grams per 5 gallon) I used 60 grams due to only having 4 gallons of medium in each bucket.
I have a KIND X750 LED light and currently running 24/7 at 25% power setting and approximately inches from the light.
Air-cooled currently, tent sits right at 78/80 degrees

RH of Room/cab? roughly
I water with dose of Cal/Mag and PHd between 5.5 and 6.5, hand watering 2x daily until wicking kicks in.No pests yet????

Fert: Grow dots, Cal/Mag

The more I look at things, I think its a nute deficiency...As I look at the veins I can see the whiteish yellow discoloration moving toward the end of the leaf. I try to be very careful not to bring anything dirty in to the grow room / tent, and I don't even permit my two loyal pups to go in the room either. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_4419.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg
Good afternoon my friend, lovely garden.
Are you putting your calmag in your plain water first?
Adding full strength nutrients?
Setting your ph just before you feed.
Also your ph is off 5.8 exactly is what you need. :Namaste:
You need to keep coco wet, and no plain water ever.
Hope that helps.
Maby a sip expert might have a suggestion.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Thank you for the compliment on my first garden Bill! I put regular tap water into a clean 5 gal bucket and mix in Cal/Mag, let it sit for an hour or so, then I PH the water. I am not adding anything other than Cal/Mag because I am using the grow dots for nutes.

Perhaps the grow dots didn't provide nutes fast enough before the ladies started showing signs?

I will ensure I keep PH right at 5.8, thank you again Bill!

Thank you for the compliment on my first garden Bill! I put regular tap water into a clean 5 gal bucket and mix in Cal/Mag, let it sit for an hour or so, then I PH the water. I am not adding anything other than Cal/Mag because I am using the grow dots for nutes.

Perhaps the grow dots didn't provide nutes fast enough before the ladies started showing signs?

I will ensure I keep PH right at 5.8, thank you again Bill!
You fill the resovoir with grow dots?
Or pour them on top of the coco?
But yea lock it in at 5.8, that will help with the possible cm deff.
5.8 gives the best range of nutrient uptake.
Let us know how it goes.
Do you have a journal I can follow?

Bill284 😎

You fill the resovoir with grow dots?
Or pour them on top of the coco?
But yea lock it in at 5.8, that will help with the possible cm deff.
5.8 gives the best range of nutrient uptake.
Let us know how it goes.
Do you have a journal I can follow?

Bill284 😎
I mixed the Grow Dots into the coco per the directions. Only thing that goes into the res is water, that has been CMd and PHd. I do not have a journal, I will try to get one created this week for sure and try to tag you.

Yellow/brown patches usually indicate CaMg or K, but can also be micros such as B, Mb, Zn, Cu
Strange that it's only the one plant but maybe a dose of micro/seaweed would help supplement the dots
Hello Roy, thank you for your help. I really think that plant (like the rest) have just started using the reservoir for water source as I only water once a day now. But still wierd only one plant out of 6.

Maybe a nitrogen toxicity? I'm just going by the leaf color, curling and pillowing....
Also I think when pH is high or low enough, nitrogen gets absorbed, while other elements don't so well.

Honestly. Just guessing... I'm growing in reused peat atm and have similar issues even the brown spots. At least in my case I'm pretty confident it's pH related because peat is so low in pH and the lime buffer in my soil is probably useless by now.

Good morning my friend hope things are going well today.
I don't run SIP so I'm not the perfect member to be trying to fix this but.
Coco needs nutrients no water.
If you don't put nutrients in the res you will get a deficiency, ie cm, as above.
But let's get some help from the experts.
@Azimuth and @ReservoirDog can you have a look at this situation please.
It's a coco sip with grow dots for nutrients.
No nutrients in the res?
Any thoughts?
Thanks guys.:thanks:
Talk soon.

Bill284 😎

Maybe a nitrogen toxicity? I'm just going by the leaf color, curling and pillowing....
Also I think when pH is high or low enough, nitrogen gets absorbed, while other elements don't so well.

Honestly. Just guessing... I'm growing in reused peat atm and have similar issues even the brown spots. At least in my case I'm pretty confident it's pH related because peat is so low in pH and the lime buffer in my soil is probably useless by now.
Thank you, I did order some liquid kelp based on another’s advice. Wired it’s the only one out of 6 plants, I tried being very consistent from the start… Thanks again Regrowth!
Shouldn't be SIP related. @Carcass and @Grand Daddy Black both use dots (but i don't think in coco). Maybe they have some thoughts
thank you Azimuth

Good morning my friend hope things are going well today.
I don't run SIP so I'm not the perfect member to be trying to fix this but.
Coco needs nutrients no water.
If you don't put nutrients in the res you will get a deficiency, ie cm, as above.
But let's get some help from the experts.
@Azimuth and @ReservoirDog can you have a look at this situation please.
It's a coco sip with grow dots for nutrients.
No nutrients in the res?
Any thoughts?
Thanks guys.:thanks:
Talk soon.

Bill284 😎Good morning Bill, hope all is well with you. I watered with a full dose of CM last night. I also caused more stress to the CM deficient lady as well as others by topping 4 of the 6. I also switched to 18/6 lighting schedule. Every one of them reacted nicely. I’m going to mix a foiler spray in give it a dose. Have a great day!
IMG_4436.jpeg
IMG_4435.jpeg
IMG_4435.jpeg

I've seen that exact leaf deformation and damage in coco.
Feeding water and incorrect ph were the issue then.
You need to correct those issues regardless, imo.
Find any bugs?

Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom