What kind of coco?

cheese

What company should i buy? what nutes does everyone else use? do i need any nutes in flower or does the coco put out enoufg p and k?

cheese

well i guess your talking about hydro grow, am soil so i use organic fert - Fox Farm.

What ever you buy make sure its organic. People say you get better yeilds off of chemical but the bud smoke is so much better on organic. I was just introduced recently to some organic buds and I am sold on going %100 organic. If you are using soil I hear Bat Guano is good. I'm not sure, there is a hydro store down the road from me and I planed on asking them when I go to buy stuff for my next grow.

my question isnt about soil. i currently grow in soil all organic. i want to know more about coco COIR. thank you though. any one using coco?

cheese said:
my question isnt about soil. i currently grow in soil all organic. i want to know more about coco COIR. thank you though. any one using coco?
Hot coco with marshmellows?
just joking and don't know the product, can you give us some more info or a link?

I'll help ya bro.
Coco coir is inert it has no nutrients,its like rockwool in that respect but better.
You don't have to ph balance it, you can use it right away.
Most poeple use it in their soiless mix, though you can use it alone.
3 parts coco and 1 part perlite is a good mix.
Cana Nutes has a brand just for Coco coir.
Go Here Plant Nutrients
scroll down to where Cana Coco is listed.
I hope this helps bro.

BTW I hear Cana are really good nutes. Lots of people on Overgrow swore
by them.
That and Pure Blend Pro.
You can use any nute you want, but Cana Coco are made specifically
for Coco.

Im doing a first indoor with sunleaves coir doing trials with bag seed and i'm impressed i know alittle bit about dirt growing [ worked in a green house and did everything feom shit maintaince jobs wet out side on the roof in winter to
bug spraying [was liscenced ]to cloning christmas crop of poinsettas in summer while boss was out sick for month run of 1000 clones sterilized three damn houses for it too... but any way enough with the brag
but about the coir i like it for both soil and hydro have two dro
with coir mixes and 12 soil/coir or straight coir
the dro are interesting # 1 -- coir and small marble chips from vermont quarry dump pile in tour area vacation 1970? with wheelchair grandmother and mom the vacation i had hamburger every meal ...
and old appalachian greenstone small chips rockfall overlook shenandoah nat. park.

# 2 coir and bones -- yup heard of bone meal you want organic mixers-- moms an anthropology nut fossil freak lots of weird goodies in my basement-- found box of bones shoe box size a couple of necklaces of chicken and turkey backbones boiled clean like CSI and strung on hemp twine and the rest full of chicken bones im thinking broke cheap bonemeal
and smash some up betweeen two rocks dino era style and looks like chrystalized pearlite little sponge structures of bone good for holding nutes or air

i'll refer to these two test hydro mixes as vacation mix and tribal mix in any updates and journals i post

big tangent!!!! by the way vacation is a bag seed test of 25 or so and at 2 weeks from sprouting i have 19 alive and maybe 2 runts

tribal is C-99 hydro only hav 3 c-99s fems doing 1 each dro and soil one spare kept for christmas ready grow plan that as a spiritual grow will probably play gregorian chant cd on loop for them throughout the grow and maybe tibeten monk cd if i can find it

but any way any way i've used coir [sunleaves , book sized brick ]
i'm real impressed with it

H&G is my choice for both. Make what ever you get is ADAH appored.its PH balanced and leached clean.

My favorite is botanicare brick coco that your soak in water. It is cheap and gritty, holds lots of air. I love it. I always treat the water I will expand it in with 100ppm calmag, 5.8 ph water, and humic acid. Well, I am starting to do humic acid every time now as I like the results.

I use 50/50 coco perlite. I use the big cheap $16 bag of the smaller perlite form the hydro store. It's like a 4 foot bag. It last a while. The larger grain prelite of the same size bag is $36 bucks.

I'm going to recommend Ivory Coco International. Check them out. Insanely good customer service.
The bagged loose product itself will save you significant amount of prep time as well as water. They have done that for you.
And at a ridiculously competitive price.

I've been growing in coco for almost 3 years.

I like the block coco that you have to soak in water and expand. I like a course coco. I am presently using one called Cosmic Coir. It has a nice texture and only cost $10 for a block that expends to either 2.5 or 3 cubit feet. It fills up a good 4 5 gallon pots.

Before I soak it, I prepare the water. I use r/o water. I add calmag and a 6-9 ratio of micro-bloom by general hydroponics, which comes to 700ppm. However, I cut the amount in half to get about 350ppm.

I expend the coco in this water. Oh, I use about 150ppm of calmag. Anyway, this I found gives the coco a nice Ph from the very start and helps the seedlings or clones not develop pink or purple stems.

I water every 24-38 hours with the 6-9 ratio. I don't add calmag to my 6-9 ratio when I feed. Instead I use a non-see through gallon container and mix 3ml of calmag to the gallon of r/o water. I water with just a little of this before I fully water with the 6-9 ratio.

I feed with every watering. I used to water inbetween each feed, but found this 6.9 ratio works best if you feed with every watering.

I only water with the bit of calmag water every third time or so. I don't use it at all if I don't see any red or purpling in the stems.

I use canna loose bag coco & GH FloraNova bloom & grow, additives are Dark Energy , Floroluious plus ,KoolBloom , CalMag , Floranectare , Terpenator
Rapid Start @ 1st 5 weeks
the Canna loose bag is fresh water soaked for 6 months to leech out the natural salt in all coir & never stored outside
of all the brands I've ever used this was the only outta Da bag ready to use that I have complete confidence in .
(YES Canna is the Most Expensive Coco out there but it's worth the extra costs to have NOT mess with any leeching , soaking , expanding ,breaking the chunks up , yeah when doing a couple of 5 gal pots is no big deaal to mess with bales & clean the salt outta them but when doing anything larger is Huge PIA
my mix is 4 parts coco - 1 part 50% charcoal/50% pumice
the charcoal is a Hardwood charcoal I get @ Whole Foods that I crush to smaller pieces
(this stuff is made from chunk hardwood from the lumber yard & mill waste )around $3 a 3 foot bag )
the nurseries sell a small 10" bag charcoal for 5.99 for activated carbon the cost skyrocket quickly
3/4" to 1/2" is the size that I crush down to
so I get aloota fines as well all go into the mix I save the some of the 1-2" chunks for lining the pot bottoms instead of rocks
putting rocks in your pots does nothing at all except take up valuable room in the pot for roots , by using charcoal I use every square inch of media to store hold release H2o & nutes & all the while the hardwood charcoal & pumice are open pore media that give a home to beautiful micro life in the mix
add in the charcoal purifying & sweetening effect
Pumice is hard to find , but if you have any horse clubs or riding schools in your area then look for a Feed & Tack store that is near you & ask for a product called "Dry Stall" comes in 60lb bags & is pure pumice the largest particle in the bag is 3/8-1/4"
it's use is for putting down on wet horse stalls to keep the horse from slipping & falling on hard wet surfaces , they also use it to clean out messed stalls as a soak & sweep up makes a gritty surface on wet cement & keeps the hooves from sliding . it's mined & screened nothing else is done to the stuff
so this Dry Stall is great as it's fines are much like diatomaceous earth , but the fines are shards of volcanic glass , kills the soil borne larva of the dreaded fungus fly thru physical action ( cuts on the exoskeleton ) instead of chemical process poisoning
pumice is open celled & perlite is closed cell there is a big difference , I do not like or use perlite at all
pumice will also show a color change when it is fully wet goes from white to a gray/beige color
all three of the coco(coir),charcoal,pumice can & will be used over & over
all are easily flushed
this mix offers a complete package that everything in the mix is doing the same thing holding water,nutes, oxygen
I use the GH FloraNova line plus humanic infused rock powers & volcanic clays
I Do Not Use Amozite look at the MDS it's high in AL compounds , I get ennuff AL compounds in my Life already ,I don't need them in my Meds I M H O :)

Back
Top Bottom