What magnification to see tricone color

panel350

Hi All ,I'm looking at getting some form of magnification devise to check the color of the tricones on my girls .How much magnification do you need to see this clearly, 10x 30x any suggestions will be really helpful .
Cheers Kev

Hi All ,I'm looking at getting some form of magnification devise to check the color of the tricones on my girls .How much magnification do you need to see this clearly, 10x 30x any suggestions will be really helpful .
Cheers Kev
The more magnification the better up to a point. I have a Carson 60-120x that's really too powerful for hand-held use by me. I'm now using a Jiusion 40 to 1000x Magnification microscope and stand. They now have WiFi ones available with even greater resolution. An other option is a clip-on magnifier for your cell phone.

Ive got a jewlers loupe it does 30x and 60x. At 30x you can see the thricomes pretty well but if you use the 60x you are looking at a smaller arera but in much greater detail and I find it easier to see exactly what the thricomes are doing.
Saying all that if I was going to do it again I would go for one of those usb microscopes I have seen some members on here post some really nice pictures on here using them.

Back
Top Bottom