What makes certain people love weed and some not

GMASON

I must admit im the type of stoner (and im sure 99% of this board is also) that really cant understand why some people arent in to smoking. I have a lot of friends who have no problem with marijuana but dont really like the high. Is it something in our body that makes us love weed more than others? Perhaps subconsciously they are brainwashed by anti-marijuana propaganda. My father is a huge stoner and really everyone in my family smokes. My family always jokes that I never had a chance to be anything but a pothead haha. This is something that has always baffled me. Has any research ever been done on this topic?

great topic!

i think it is like bergdawg said,different strokes. i think some(most) lol like it. and others i guess just dont like it, baffles me to.

I do take a lot of pride in the fact that people who never smoke start smoking more after they come smoke with me. I think just people a relaxing judgement free enviorment makes them feel right at home. Plus I just got a new Golden Tee arcade machine in my house which draws them like a moth to a flame.Once theyre there everyoe else is smoking so they jump on the bandwagon and how can you not enjoy getting baked, having great conversation, laughing with good people, and playing Golden Tee.

Of course i cant speak for all of them. but i have some friends who dont smoke anymore after trying it once or a couple of times because the got too paranoid or freaked out when they tried it.

Of course i cant speak for all of them. but i have some friends who dont smoke anymore after trying it once or a couple of times because the got too paranoid or freaked out when they tried it.

Yea my girl used to have that problem. We would lay in bed and she would be freaking out thinking she was too high. By the time I met her I was only smoking Dank bud so she didnt really get to ease into it. I always just talk to people who freak out and explain to them that they are just high, nothing bad can happen to them, its not hurting them so just relax and enjoy it. Usually if you just talk to them they will snap right out of it. Its like the Dog Whisperer; you just put them into a calm state.

yea i def know what your talking about GMASON. once a friend came over and she smoked with us and she freaked out but we couldnt talk her out of it! it sucked cause she turned pale and her heart was racing. i had to give her a beer for her to hold to her face cause we had just moved in and had no ice. it was really strange and a buzz kill..

because it makes you think...
usually, people who don't smoke are people who are addicted to alcohol and/or another drug that eliminates thinking...
weed for thinking, everything else for forgetting...
that's usually how it goes...
as for paranoia aka anxiety, that comes from the herb opening up and enhancing your thought process...
those who have anxiety should put on their seat belts when they smoke sativa, because they will be in for a thinking ride for sure...
indica is usually better for those not capable of controlling their random thought processes once high...
it's ALL in your mind folks, every single bit of it...
how you control your own mind, is the key...;)

My BestF doesn't smoke. She drinks.

I don't like to drink, I like to smoke. So we get along great at parties. I watch out for her, she watches out for me.

We once discussed our preferences, and it was decided we just liked different things. *Shrug* More drinks for her, more smoke for me...

Lady

Well this is probly one of the most easiest questions Ive seen. Its simple my friend, everyone has their own preference on things. Some drink, some smoke. Just like how skateboarders hate bmx'ers. Its just all up to you, and what youd rather do. Be high or be straight or be in space. I choose space...beam me up scotty!

SG

Well this is probly one of the most easiest questions Ive seen. Its simple my friend, everyone has their own preference on things. Some drink, some smoke. Just like how skateboarders hate bmx'ers. Its just all up to you, and what youd rather do. Be high or be straight or be in space. I choose space...beam me up scotty!

SG

How can you be so sure. If there is something that makes people pre-disposed to alchoholism, why is weed just a whatever your into kinda thing. You could be exactly right but saying its the easiest question ever is pretty naive.

Aloha
Why do some people hate something while others love it is what you are really wondering...
Well that is a complex question, and I do not have an answer to it.
But remember my friend, our differences makes us who we are and unites us.

^^^very true. and welcome malolo!
I also agree with what someone else said (cant remember the name) about it opening your mind. most people who dont like weed don't like it because it makes them feel different or "wierd" but I think that weed is a perfectly natural thing to be in our body because we have cannabinoid receptors in our brain. They wouldn't be there if cannabis was bad and we werent suposed to use/consume it right?

It's what you're taught maybe? Normal is a relative term to time and place, and if someone has been taught since they were able to recognise human speech patterns that something is good or bad, that's what is true for them. :peace:

hmm. so that kinda throws about peoples argument that its bad lol:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom