What more can I do for these plants? Desperate

Yes I would wash with a light spray with the hose, You don't want a strong spray. You can do it in the shower as well then trim and do the bud wash.
That's crazy so straight up just wash it off lightly before trim and the again after trimmed it just in only water or do I need to use something special ..? You are so very helpful I appreciate it a lot I had no idea of any of these things for the most part

That's crazy so straight up just wash it off lightly before trim and the again after trimmed it just in only water or do I need to use something special ..? You are so very helpful I appreciate it a lot I had no idea of any of these things for the most part
Yes and no, The light spray before the trim is just to get the loosee mud off you were talking about. The bud wash with the buckets after the trim will finish the job.

And the bud Wash is with the H202..?
Well I'm assuming there's more that 1 way to Bud Wash but I need to get these worms n mold off these ladies. It's everywhere but I did my best... Some of the biggest buds are the ones that got it the worst sadly :(

I did my wash with 1/2 cup of H2O2 in a 5gal bucket of water on a plant that had Aphids in the first bucket. You could put it in bucket 2 as well if you want to keep the Lemon juice and Baking soda separate. The worms will be gone when you get the rot off the stems. I would not smoke anything that has rot in the bud, Cut that part out.

Okay so H2O2 can be found at what a hydroponics store or Amazon..? Dang you all are soso helpful!!!

So basically I need to handpick off the rot and the bad buds that all has to go and then I need to wash the plant with water lightly and then I need to trim it and then do a wash in H2O2 and then hung to dry.... Basically right? Do I dry in between washes or jus do it all in 1 sittin

Okay so H2O2 can be found at what a hydroponics store or Amazon..? Dang you all are soso helpful!!!
Drug stores or the over-the-counter drug & first aid section of a larger supermarket. Once in the store look for the section on the shelf that sells first aid products like band-aids and stuff to put on small cuts or burns.

That's crazy so straight up just wash it off lightly before trim and the again after trimmed it just in only water or do I need to use something special ..?
Washing the mud off is just that, a simple step to get any loose dirt off the buds. Kind of like doing a pre-wash on some socks that got mud on them. Get the mud off in the laundry tub and then let the washing wash the stains off. Same sort of thing.

First step, yes. Put the H2O2 in the water and wash all the buds after the mud is off and the bad parts have been cut off. The H2O2 will start to kill off the worms that were missed and will kill off any of the mold/mildew that might still be tucked out of site in the bud.

Then the wash with the mix of lemon juice and baking soda mixed into the water. The two ingredients work together to loosen dust, small parts of dead leaves, any small insects or insect eggs. The lemon juice will also kill off the small insects that have survived up to now. It does not help much to skip adding either the juice or baking soda; both work together.

Awhile back I was curious about this so I looked it up. It is really interesting how the two work together to get the job done. Some of the natural ingredient household cleaning products use a mild acid, like the lemon juice, and

Then the two rinses will remove all the stuff that was loosened up by the H2O2 wash and then the lemon juice and baking soda wash.

You didn't really do anything wrong. Bud rot has been a big issue this year with all growers.
For me it started last year when I noticed some Powdery Mildew showing up in the grow room in the basement. Outside it was everywhere; saw it on some vegetables and flower plants and even on some smaller trees and shrubs. This year it was showing up again but at least not any worse than in 2020.

All that humid air after those heavy rains that came every week or two probably helped the stuff spread.

Well I'm assuming there's more that 1 way to Bud Wash but I need to get these worms n mold off these ladies. It's everywhere but I did my best... Some of the biggest buds are the ones that got it the worst sadly :(
Well if you were a worm looking for an apartment, you would choose the nicest one available too right?

For me it started last year when I noticed some Powdery Mildew showing up in the grow room in the basement. Outside it was everywhere; saw it on some vegetables and flower plants and even on some smaller trees and shrubs. This year it was showing up again but at least not any worse than in 2020.

All that humid air after those heavy rains that came every week or two probably helped the stuff spread.
I didn't have any issue last year, must be my accommodations were sub par. :rofl: This year... Thrips, Aphids, and Bud Rot worms. I only had shacks last year, This year I had Condos. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Drug stores or the over-the-counter drug & first aid section of a larger supermarket. Once in the store look for the section on the shelf that sells first aid products like band-aids and stuff to put on small cuts or burns.

Washing the mud off is just that, a simple step to get any loose dirt off the buds. Kind of like doing a pre-wash on some socks that got mud on them. Get the mud off in the laundry tub and then let the washing wash the stains off. Same sort of thing.

First step, yes. Put the H2O2 in the water and wash all the buds after the mud is off and the bad parts have been cut off. The H2O2 will start to kill off the worms that were missed and will kill off any of the mold/mildew that might still be tucked out of site in the bud.

Then the wash with the mix of lemon juice and baking soda mixed into the water. The two ingredients work together to loosen dust, small parts of dead leaves, any small insects or insect eggs. The lemon juice will also kill off the small insects that have survived up to now. It does not help much to skip adding either the juice or baking soda; both work together.

Awhile back I was curious about this so I looked it up. It is really interesting how the two work together to get the job done. Some of the natural ingredient household cleaning products use a mild acid, like the lemon juice, and

Then the two rinses will remove all the stuff that was loosened up by the H2O2 wash and then the lemon juice and baking soda wash.
How's this one look?

Screenshot_20211105-160303.png

On your next grow I would suggest a couple things that might help to prevent this sorta thing.

Get a good living soil going, add a mulch layer and a cover crop.
Add mycorrhazae inoculate.
Add a handful of worms to each plant.
Worms help ward off disease.
Try to get your Brix over 12.
The higher the Brix and healthier the plant the less likelihood of pest and disease.
Also add Silica up until flower.
Foliar spray with a lactobacillus serum is good.

Put the plants under a hoop house to keep rain and dew off the buds and put a big fan at one end to give lots of airflow.

The best thing you can do about bud rot is make sure you don't get it.
The only cure is prevention.

How's this one look?
That is the H2O2 stuff, 3% is often mentioned as what many members have used and it is what I buy. But that is expensive, at least compared to around here.

Try looking around on your shopping trips. I have found 32 fluid oz (quart) bottles for under $2 each and the other day bought two of them for $1 each at a Meijer supermarket up the road.

Yes, it is the brown bottle stuff but is still recommended for minor cuts, scrapes and burns. And, it is still acceptable for oral care (mouthwash after many oral procedures).

Awhile back I was curious about this

Soso smart!! And since I only have two smaller plants to work with how MUCH do y'all suggest I use of these ingredients to clean em?

Could I do it in my bathtub would that make it easy easier..? After a quick rinse withe water of course

Soso smart!! And since I only have two smaller plants to work with how MUCH do y'all suggest I use of these ingredients to clean em?

Could I do it in my bathtub would that make it easy easier..? After a quick rinse withe water of course
I don't know how much bud material you have to work with but I would think that half of that bottle in a bucket and then about twice the amount with plain water. Or measure 1 pint of your H2O2 with a measuring cup into a 2 1/2 gallon bucket and then measure a quart of warm water in and swish your buds around and leave them to soak for several minutes. Then put the buds into a kitchen sieve and let them drain. While draining dump the bucket into the toilet and let it sit for awhile. Sometimes it will remove those stains that stick to the porcelain.

Then start the bud washing as mentioned in the first part of the thread that was linked earlier.

Awesome. Thank you thank you sorry for all the questions I really appreciate everyone's help here to save my ladies

Awesome. Thank you thank you sorry for all the questions I really appreciate everyone's help here to save my ladies
So do the water and h202 wash and then add in the lemon juice and baking soda to the water or is that a separate mix that I create with water lemon juice and baking soda all in one and then it goes into the water with the H202..?

Back
Top Bottom