What nutrients do I need to increase bud size?

DrBigP

I’m only growing organic right now I’m using a fish emulsion fertiliser. That’s all I’m using. Oh and the coca coir came with nutrients in it. However what is needed to make the buds even bigger?

2FD2D58D-A07E-4E81-B217-113D617F06B0.jpeg

23F77392-6972-4E3B-9031-5F8AFD4C5346.jpeg

Make sure you have enough potassium nitrogen and phosphorus....and you seem to be outdoors so hopefully it will be nice and sunny

You can add a bloom booster type of additive but you want to be organic so there are plenty of natural alternatives

-Bat guano
-Sea bird guano
-Fish bone or bone meal
-Shrimp and crab meal

Yeah man, just pure sunlight. And funny enough this thing became a beast on mainly rain water. That’s all it’s been given. Rain!

However what is needed to make the buds even bigger?
Plant is looking good so far.

Several choices. Are you familiar with the N-P-K numbers? And, when did flowering start? Do you know what the predicted harvest time is for the plant?

Once we can put together those bits of information it becomes easier to make some recommendations to get through the rest of this grow.

And funny enough this thing became a beast on mainly rain water. That’s all it’s been given. Rain!
Not all it has been given. ;) There are the other things you mentioned like the nutrients that were already in the coco coir. Plus the fish emulsion fertilizer that you mentioned in the first msg. The fish stuff is very soluble so the plant can take up what it needs soon after the watering. What are the N-P-K numbers of your fish emulsion?

And rain water is good stuff.

Plant is looking good so far.

Several choices. Are you familiar with the N-P-K numbers? And, when did flowering start? Do you know what the predicted harvest time is for the plant?

Once we can put together those bits of information it becomes easier to make some recommendations to get through the rest of this grow.

Not all it has been given. ;) There are the other things you mentioned like the nutrients that were already in the coco coir. Plus the fish emulsion fertilizer that you mentioned in the first msg. The fish stuff is very soluble so the plant can take up what it needs soon after the watering. What are the N-P-K numbers of your fish emulsion?

And rain water is good stuff.
So the coca coir is full of these ingredients below ⬇️: ingredients taken from their website and copy paste-Ed below:

“HEAVY NUTRIENT CONTENT – No additional nutrient inputs required. For larger, capable plants only!

This craft soil is a fully loaded living soil with immediate-, medium- and slow release sources of natural organic plant nutrients.

INGREDIENTS:

Coco coir, premium worm castings, biochar, perlite, vermiculite, organic nutrient blend, insect frass, volcanic rock dust, fine bone meal, gypsum, fish bone meal, blood meal, diatomaceous earth, Freedom Farms Bokashi, humic acid, Epsom salts, Bacillus Thuringiensis (Fungus Gnat larvae prevention), Trichoderma Harzianum (soil-borne pathogen prevention).”

Looks dense I’m not sure if I even need to add anything else. As for the N-P-K numbers I’ll get those for now : n- 53g/kg p-7g/kg k-17g/kg

Oh and the strain is Forbidden Runtz auto by 420fastbud, these things are beastly out doors. Started flower 2 weeks ago, it’s on week 10 now going 11.

So the coca coir is full of these ingredients below ⬇️: ingredients taken from their website and copy paste-Ed below:

“HEAVY NUTRIENT CONTENT – No additional nutrient inputs required. For larger, capable plants only!

This craft soil is a fully loaded living soil with immediate-, medium- and slow release sources of natural organic plant nutrients.

INGREDIENTS:

Coco coir, premium worm castings, biochar, perlite, vermiculite, organic nutrient blend, insect frass, volcanic rock dust, fine bone meal, gypsum, fish bone meal, blood meal, diatomaceous earth, Freedom Farms Bokashi, humic acid, Epsom salts, Bacillus Thuringiensis (Fungus Gnat larvae prevention), Trichoderma Harzianum (soil-borne pathogen prevention).”
That is looking like a good mix and explains why the plant appears so healthy. There might not be much more that can be done.

As mentioned you could consider some Bloom Boosters as they are called. Keep in mind that many plants will increase the bud size and density the last 2 weeks of the flowering time so adding anything at this time might not do any good, especially if the plant is just a few weeks away from harvest.

Back
Top Bottom