Coco questions?

Iv invested quite some money to start using coco. I just switched to Promix. I like it. I think I’ll like coco more. Of coarse I’m gonna run my current cycles through.
But I wanna start some of my cuts in coco after root. And see how they run.

Now I’m going to have to just do it and get my learning curve before I ask an abundance of questions. However from what iv searched in the bar. There is scattered info and unless using the correct words. You’ll never find half the useful info for coco beginners. And To be honest. A lot sends you to threads of peoples first attempt and the plants don’t look so good. Lots of ph problems.
Now what I’m posting this thread for is
Anything I (or anyone else) needs to know before I even start using coco.

Iv personally purchased a pre mix blend by burpee and a non pre mix 100% coco coir. I have earth juice grow and bloom. Fox farm grow. Dr earth grow. Alaska fish. Calmag. Superthrive And ph up and down. Plus an air pump to de chlorinate the water. (Which works wonders!)

What should one know from the jump?
Before anything.

Never feed with plan water.
Never let the pot dry out no need in coco.
Dont let anyone tell you not to add nutes or boosters etc from seedling in coco its needed.
Most important PH 5.8 from seedling to harvest.
When mixing nutes Calmag always first leave 10 mins.
Then add any boosts.
Then your a/b or what ever you use.
Me every feed gets calmag down to the last one.
I may dial it back at points but my ladies always get some.
Every man/woman does there thing alittle dif but thats a pretty good starting point. ;)

Iv invested quite some money to start using coco. I just switched to Promix. I like it. I think I’ll like coco more. Of coarse I’m gonna run my current cycles through.
But I wanna start some of my cuts in coco after root. And see how they run.

Now I’m going to have to just do it and get my learning curve before I ask an abundance of questions. However from what iv searched in the bar. There is scattered info and unless using the correct words. You’ll never find half the useful info for coco beginners. And To be honest. A lot sends you to threads of peoples first attempt and the plants don’t look so good. Lots of ph problems.
Now what I’m posting this thread for is
Anything I (or anyone else) needs to know before I even start using coco.

Iv personally purchased a pre mix blend by burpee and a non pre mix 100% coco coir. I have earth juice grow and bloom. Fox farm grow. Dr earth grow. Alaska fish. Calmag. Superthrive And ph up and down. Plus an air pump to de chlorinate the water. (Which works wonders!)

What should one know from the jump?
Before anything.
Hey Cult how are you my friend.
Coco for the win.
Check my Gorilla Glue clone thread.
Everything you need for coco ,airpots, clones etc.
Any questions let me know.
I'll walk you through it if you need.
Ask @Jon he will tell you how good coco is.

Stay safe
Bill

Couple coco girls

Screenshot_20220208-160323_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220123-095422_Gallery.jpg

20210303_201646.jpg

20210221_201453.jpg

Coco for the win.

Stay safe
Bill

Couple coco girls

20210303_201646.jpg

20210221_201453.jpg
Lol. Iv been through all your threads bill!
And all very informative! Iv must of clicked em a dozen times. Another time just now lol. I’m using rockwool for my cuts that I plan to transfer to coco.

I see a lot of success in quality increase.
The pre mix coco? Those are okay to start right in? I’m reading all this mixed stuff on buffer and cooking for months at a time.

Hiya - hard to go wrong in coco as long as your pH is steady and you don't go wild with nutes
Coco does not need to sit or cook or buffer etc as it is inert
However, the addition of Mycorrhizal fungi when potting up is probably beneficial
This is beautiful. All the answers iv been looking for. I thank all of you for this!!!!
Hey @Growings Hope you are having a good day Amigo.
The particular mix I use for coco I let sit a couple weeks before I use it.
But it's a whole recipe with used coco.
Straight buffeded coco can be used right from the bag.
But I add some life to mine.
Just make sure it's washed and buffered.
Some bricks aren't.
Hey Cult glad you enjoyed my threads.
Are you going to use myc , Bokashi and Frass?
You can make a tea and add it after if you need.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @Growings Hope you are having a good day Amigo.
The particular mix I use for coco I let sit a couple weeks before I use it.
But it's a whole recipe with used coco.
Straight buffeded coco can be used right from the bag.
But I add some life to mine.
Just make sure it's washed and buffered.
Some bricks aren't.
Hey Cult glad you enjoyed my threads.
Are you going to use myc , Bokashi and Frass?
You can make a tea and add it after if you need.

Stay safe
Bill
Hey Bill hope all is good with you
I have tried amendments in coco before without much success, though blood/fish/bone meal worked well
Always a little apprehensive of adding organic matter fearing it might rot in the pot? (daft, I know lol)
When I had the space for trugs of coco, yes, I would recondition with enzymes/lime etc and use the following year, but now it's just coco/myco for ease, plus the occasional tea
Be interesting to see how CArt goes about this

Well atm I have no experience other than using Promix which is new to me as well. Lol. But I have purchased both ready to use with small amounts of nutrition and perlite. Made by burpee. And pure coco in a bag. But I think that’s ready to use other than have absolutely nothing in it. Pure coco. Stated on the ingredients lol.
I plan to use mycros without a doubt. Added perlite. And calmag plus superthrive. I wanna brew teas using frass. From what iv seen. Looks like plants respond well to it.

Its a commitment hand watering in coco.
You feed to run of every feed in coco.
Is just does not hold on to water/nutes the way soil does.
Really depends not all my grows have needed 2/3 feeds a day in flower.
BUT some have i also use katana roots and find it works well.
But there is cheaper on the market that do just as good.
Due to commitments myself i have had to setup a drip system.
Next go around cause 3/4 ladies 2L every feed 2/3 times a day if they need that much.
Becomes a real chore for me.

And you can’t overwater in coco. Am I right? How does that work? I understand blumats work wonders for coco. But what if you hand water, say 2-3 times a day? Can’t over water? Because you have to keep the coco wet or damp at all times?
You can't over water because coco only holds 60% max, the rest must drain off
You can water too often though, meaning the coco is constantly sodden
I treat it like a once a day flood 'n drain, sometimes twice per day in flower
For that reason I think sometimes a flood, then another half water later works best

*edit* yes @Skunksta, I've got a 20L drip system to set up for my next round, just got to tweak clipping/pegging the drippers in place :hmmmm:

Hey Bill hope all is good with you
I have tried amendments in coco before without much success, though blood/fish/bone meal worked well
Always a little apprehensive of adding organic matter fearing it might rot in the pot? (daft, I know lol)
When I had the space for trugs of coco, yes, I would recondition with enzymes/lime etc and use the following year, but now it's just coco/myco for ease, plus the occasional tea
Be interesting to see how CArt goes about this
I'm good thanks. :thumb:
I use Bokashi and Insect frass , Myc... aswell.
Creates microbes and fungi that feed my girls and keep my roots healthy. :thumb:
Works in soil aswell.
Fantastic.
You can make a tea and add it afterwards if required.
I recommend it to everyone.
Lots of people have great success with it.
Big roots big fruits. Hehe.

Stay safe
Bill

Coco for the win.

Stay safe
Bill

Couple coco girls

20210303_201646.jpg

20210221_201453.jpg
Always such beautiful plants.

Hey @CultivationArt, I'm a natural organic soil grower, and I make my own custom mix using Down to Earth ferts. Coir is an important part of my mix, as is fresh, homegrown worm compost (castings and worms go in the mix). I would say my technique is somewhere between a soil grow and a coir grow, because I do also water with a fert that is mostly N but also P, K and micronutrients. I get my coir from a guy who imports it directly from Thailand and India. It's super important to get high-quality coir. Low-quality coir will contain too much sodium.

Anyway, my growing technique is very forgiving, and I don't see any nutrient issues or watering issues. The results are healthy plants, nice buds, and ... I'm still working on upping the yields. Good luck with your grow!

Hiya - hard to go wrong in coco as long as your pH is steady and you don't go wild with nutes
Coco does not need to sit or cook or buffer etc as it is inert
However, the addition of Mycorrhizal fungi when potting up is probably beneficial
Could you share the products name that have mycorrihzal fungi . I'm hoping by adding beneficial fungi the white root rot fungi will at least have some competition. It's actually very rare where I live to grow without that toxic fungi

Could you share the products name that have mycorrihzal fungi .
I use Mykos.

Back
Top Bottom