What nutrients should I use with my fox farm ocean floor

BamaNick

I have ordered General Hydroponics Flora Series not sure how much I should use this will be my first time growing indoors I also got cal mag if anyone could help me with a set schedule any info would be super appreciated I have three weeks before my seeds and equipment get here thanks ahead of time

Hiya BamaNick! Good to plan ahead but soil plants like to be watered when they need to be not when we set a schedule, and absolutely require a good dry between feedings. It's quite easy to screw up a grow by overwatering, and it's quite easy to overwater if you are going by your predetermined schedule without regard for when the plants are showing the signs of being ready (or not ready) to be watered. There's a good read on watering by Emilya in my sig. CHeers mate, gl to your grow, looking forward to following! :yahoo:

Thought that the Fox Farms Ocean Floor was a new product. I am guessing that you meant the Ocean Forest product which is pretty much a complete soil mix to use for potting plants.

As for your Flora Series, I am under the impression that it is designed for a hydroponic style grow and might not be recommended for soil. Not saying you cannot try and there might be some on this message board who have used that product line in soil.

I went to the General Hydroponics web site and they do have schedules for the Flora Series but I cannot find a schedule for soils, including anything like the Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

People might be able to give more advice once the rest of your equipment arrives unless you want to let us know. Then they will have a better idea of what style of growing set-up you have planned.

Like @Pbass mentions, it is hard to set up a schedule for soil, especially ahead of time.

Good Luck.

First thing, welcome Bama. So your set should come with recommended feed schedule . Ive only done one grow with bottle nutes. I'd recommend starting at 1/4 what they say to use and work your way up to full. I followed a feed, feed, water schedule. Others just feed the whole time. Liquid nutes, all the bottles, and all the mixing is why I switched to dry amendments. Mix in soil and water. Top dress and repeat. I'm way to lazy for all that other jazz haha

Thought that the Fox Farms Ocean Floor was a new product. I am guessing that you meant the Ocean Forest product which is pretty much a complete soil mix to use for potting plants.

As for your Flora Series, I am under the impression that it is designed for a hydroponic style grow and might not be recommended for soil. Not saying you cannot try and there might be some on this message board who have used that product line in soil.

I went to the General Hydroponics web site and they do have schedules for the Flora Series but I cannot find a schedule for soils, including anything like the Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

People might be able to give more advice once the rest of your equipment arrives unless you want to let us know. Then they will have a better idea of what style of growing set-up you have planned.

Like @Pbass mentions, it is hard to set up a schedule for soil, especially ahead of time.

Good Luck.
Yeah I’m going to have a 3/3/5 foot grow tent with a 600 watt led I’m gonna try and run three 3 gal soft pots with fox farm soil and perlite I also bought cal mag and the General Hydroponics Flora Series i will post pics once I have it all just wanted to get ahead of the game thanks for y’alls help

First thing, welcome Bama. So your set should come with recommended feed schedule . Ive only done one grow with bottle nutes. I'd recommend starting at 1/4 what they say to use and work your way up to full. I followed a feed, feed, water schedule. Others just feed the whole time. Liquid nutes, all the bottles, and all the mixing is why I switched to dry amendments. Mix in soil and water. Top dress and repeat. I'm way to lazy for all that other jazz haha
Ok yeah I was watching from seed to stoned on YouTube he is the one that suggested the General Hydroponics Flora Series Nutes ao I’m gonna try that and see where it goes I might do dry soil next time I’m just gonna take it one week at a time once I get all my stuff in it’s killlig me to wait for it I grew outdoors when I was younger so I’m excited to grow indoors

Ok yeah I was watching from seed to stoned on YouTube he is the one that suggested the General Hydroponics Flora Series Nutes ao I’m gonna try that and see where it goes I might do dry soil next time I’m just gonna take it one week at a time once I get all my stuff in it’s killlig me to wait for it I grew outdoors when I was younger so I’m excited to grow indoors
I've said a hundred times. Growing is just as much, if not more therapy than smoking. It's great fun. What will you be running for a setup? Lights, tent, etc.

I actually can’t smoke anymore it gives me panic attacks I’ve been on pain meds for years I’m thinking of trying to switch off of those and try to start smoking again if my grow goes well I am gonna run a 3/3/5 grow tent with a 600 watt led light gonna try 3 3 gal soft pots with fox farm and perlite soil I purchased cal meg and the Nutes from General Hydroponics Flora Series

Ive been there as well. Had a bad experience with an edible and everytime I smoked after id just get sketched out so I didnt touch the stuff for 7 years. I'm now a year and a half back on 'er. Id recommend a high CBD low thc strain. I just grew a CBD critical mass, great terp profile, not the strongest for an experience smoker but great for a beginner. You will definitely over do it a few times finding the right dose that gets you where you want to be. Just take it a puff at a time and you'll do fine. Most smokers wish they had a tolerance level like yours haha

Back in the day I could smoke with the best of them but thanks for your help I will let you know when I get my stuff setup and will send you some pics I’m growing blue dream Big Bang and green gelato autos

Back in the day I could smoke with the best of them but thanks for your help I will let you know when I get my stuff setup and will send you some pics I’m growing blue dream Big Bang and green gelato autos
Awesome, my first grow ever was autos. Exciting times.

Back
Top Bottom