What Range Should I Maintain For My Growroom Humidity & Temperature?

So, roseman,, have you written any books of your own? I see you mentioned you collected them,, and I come accross many threads where you havejust about written a book :) (always good stuff though)

I followed one of your closet grows.. amazing..
and have reccomended your DIY odor control many times now..

always impressive.

temp control is hard for me,, my bedroom goes all over the place.. it has even topped 100 a couple of times... :yikes:

but my first girl seems to be taking it well...

I try to keep it in the 80's.. and I got a new room in the works, so hopefully temp will no longer be an issue for me.

great stuff Rose :peace:

I have not been published, but I have made a deal with Stealth Hydro, to do
a CD instead of a book, for them. I am taking my DIY Tutorial and changing it into a How To Grow Pot with Deep Water Culture and CFLS. It will be the tutorial that I have posted on this site, but edited to promote their Deep Water Culture systems.

I have totally given up on growing in doors in summer......and I have central A/C . I 've done it successfully, but its just too much of a hassle to control the temps.

Good luck, bro.

I have not been published, but I have made a deal with Stealth Hydro, to do
a CD instead of a book, for them. I am taking my DIY Tutorial and changing it into a How To Grow Pot with Deep Water Culture and CFLS. It will be the tutorial that I have posted on this site, but edited to promote their Deep Water Culture systems.

I have totally given up on growing in doors in summer......and I have central A/C . I 've done it successfully, but its just too much of a hassle to control the temps.

Good luck, bro.

I think that bubbleponis tutorial was one of the first threads I started reading here, (back in my lurking days with no screen name)

your room/closet seems like it would not be that bad to control, especially with central AC,, but I hear ou on that, the extra temp and humidity can be tough. My bedroom is on the 3rd floor and is basically a dormer, so the redhot roof is my ceiling....
I've resorted to running my AC during the day, and have a fan blowing the cool air at the closet..lol

I setup a new room in the basement, and even on the hottest days last year, the basement never went over 80, and in the winter, the furnaces keep the basement comfortable as well.. so I am hoping that will give me the control I need...

I think that bubbleponis tutorial was one of the first threads I started reading here, (back in my lurking days with no screen name)

your room/closet seems like it would not be that bad to control, especially with central AC,, but I hear ou on that, the extra temp and humidity can be tough. My bedroom is on the 3rd floor and is basically a dormer, so the redhot roof is my ceiling....
I've resorted to running my AC during the day, and have a fan blowing the cool air at the closet..lol

I setup a new room in the basement, and even on the hottest days last year, the basement never went over 80, and in the winter, the furnaces keep the basement comfortable as well.. so I am hoping that will give me the control I need...

I see many successful BASEMENT grows. ATTIC grows are the most difficult.

good luck, let me know if you start a thread here.

my grow stay 93 all day ..it used to be around 79-80 but i made hood for my lights and it gets to hot but my clones are really liking it..what should i do to lower temps.here a pic of my hood.
101_2151.JPG

Hi Im new to growing, I would like advice if possible.

Here is my setup.

About a 10X12 Room
Ventilation in and out with fans.
Portable Air Conditioner
1Kw MHS but running @ 750w, 19/5 slowly moving to 24hrs
32 Bubba Babies just transplanted in Aero setup,
still have rockwool, surrounded by Hydroton.
Feed 1 min on 4 min off.
Air rocks constantly aired.

Ph of solution was adjusted to 5.8 initially in all 4 containers.
Was 6.4-6.5 next day. Adjusted again to 5.8 today.

ppm is areound 2800 consistantly for all 4 containers.

Room temp Ranges from 72-78

Water Temp 72-75

Please let me know if my parameters are off so I wont have problems later.

Some of the babies have yellowing tips, should I cut the tips?
How can I avoid this from happening?
One plant has a leaf that looks bad and is laying down, while the other few leaves on it are in great shape, should I cut that one leaf?

Thanks for all ur help

I don't grow hydro but from what I have learned almost everything looks right where you want it. The only thing thats off is your PPM, its way high (usually around 1200 is on the high end. It seems the tips are getting nute burn. If you post your question in the FAQs in the grow room you will get more help.

Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine
:peace:

:welcome: to 420 mag!

The safest way to switch from day to night lighting is when the light turns off let the plants sleep at least 24 hours before the next cycle starts; ergo, if yer shut off at 6PM now don't turn them on till 6PM the next day. This reduces chance of hermys!>)

You know I have heard this before, but do not understand why it would work. That kind of thing doesn't happen in nature and aren't we all trying to simulate nature?

In all my years of playing with this herb I have heard of everything, including in the 70s hanging a glass pyramid near your plants to give positive energy.

If you have some suggestion it should always be backed with a reason why you would do it. Not that what you suggest would hurt anything... I just think that when your write something it should be solid information that makes sense. Many people do what you do and many people don't and there is probably no difference what-so-ever.

I"m dealing with extremely low humidity and it's an issue.

17% right now, yes, 17.

Room normaly is at 27% and that is too low in my opinion.

I'll be making sure it's around 55% at all times and see if it helps.

Plants aren't doing great and the low humidity is the last thing I can think of.

Temps are high but there really isn't anything I can do about that, cost prohibiting.

Temps have been sky high!

90 avg temp.

trying like hell to get the temps down by venting but then I draw in low humidity air. double edge sword.

At this point I have been able to keep the humidity up around 50% with a humidifier and this I believe will be key, that and bringing the temps down. Veg room is what it is, flowering room is what I"m concentrating on right now. The veg room is growing really well, I'm sure it could be much better but that is not where the final stage is and that for me is where I'm focusing.

But I don't really know until I see the results.

High temps and low humidity has been producing rag weed. Looks good/ok but no fragrance and low resin production.

Very frustrating.

90 AVG?!?! Dude what are you trying to do put your plants in a sauna?

haha well then the humidity would be okay :LOL:

what's your venting system like??

I run an exhaust fan 15min every hour, it exits from the top of the room taking the hottest air out.

Now, the temps are under control at around 72f and humidity is around 60% in the flowering room. 60% is as high as I want it to go in there and things are looking much better with the temps down and the humidity up. Outside air is more humid right now and that helps.

I have used sulpher treatment to prevent mold etc but at this stage won't use it unless absolutely necessary.

I am doing my 5th flower cycle. I have a 4'4" square by 7.5 feet tall flower area. a 600 W HPS light over head and 400W of fluorescent CFLs and T5 panels surround the plants for all over lighting. My temps get up to 82 degrees in day time with 40% humidity during veg and 85 degrees and 30& humidity during flower. I grow 9 plants at a time in soil and use a basic 3 part nutrient solution. Yield between 12-24 oz per flower cycle. Use root organics formula 707 and advanced hydroponics beginner basic nutes.

Everything I say is imaginary and simply for role playing purposes only.

Back
Top Bottom