What seems to be the problem here sir?

Jbreezy

I have this plant here that is in about week 2-3 of flowering. Can’t seem to control the yellowing on some leaves. Plant seems relatively healthy. But constant yellowing of some leaves. It’s in promix, the ph is 6.5going in and out and the Ppm’s going in are around 1200, and 1100ish going out. I feel like I’m constantly removing yellowing leaves only to reappear soon after. Any insight from some experienced growers would be helpful.

Attachments

• 9835BE9F-F784-40E5-827D-F791789585C8.jpeg
    9835BE9F-F784-40E5-827D-F791789585C8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • D70B4988-DE09-4986-BE0F-C2FB1DFD3DA4.jpeg
    D70B4988-DE09-4986-BE0F-C2FB1DFD3DA4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • E82BF48F-B7ED-45F5-9173-9E06542925D2.jpeg
    E82BF48F-B7ED-45F5-9173-9E06542925D2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 6B5AB45A-2321-43E9-93FD-C3A162146F44.jpeg
    6B5AB45A-2321-43E9-93FD-C3A162146F44.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • 1C6F58F4-703C-4DF9-A77C-CC4152589049.jpeg
    1C6F58F4-703C-4DF9-A77C-CC4152589049.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 50D20655-FA34-46C1-823E-A5F90D264CFD.jpeg
    50D20655-FA34-46C1-823E-A5F90D264CFD.jpeg
    933.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 1520C04B-CDE2-4E04-8B9F-AD24D5DC1241.jpeg
    1520C04B-CDE2-4E04-8B9F-AD24D5DC1241.jpeg
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 55
I have a similar issue 1 plant is exhibiting similar symptoms I also noticed my plant has continued to stretch but its not drying out seems its not taking up water like the rest are at all. I have flushed and fed lightly with 2/3 dose of megacrop im ph my water to 5.8 in promix never mind what it comes out at. Ive been using rain water so recently added some cal mag incase its a lockout but its just not perking up. Im curious to see what response you get here and how this plant comes around.

Not really familiar with those nutes but it does look a bit like N deficiency from here. Quite a stretch on her, if those flowers ever bulk up you'll have some serious tying up to do!
The right Cal-Mag 1-0-0 might be enough N to stop that bit of yellowing and possibly clear up other issues.
I'm sure someone here with experience in that nutrient lineup can offer a more solid answer.

How long do you have until the plant gets too cold to grow? The reason I am asking is because I have an outdoor plant and I have done almost everything wrong that you could do and I brought her back. You could get her back but it will extend the grow time.

Not really familiar with those nutes but it does look a bit like N deficiency from here. Quite a stretch on her, if those flowers ever bulk up you'll have some serious tying up to do!
The right Cal-Mag 1-0-0 might be enough N to stop that bit of yellowing and possibly clear up other issues.
I'm sure someone here with experience in that nutrient lineup can offer a more solid answer.
I have a cal/mag that’s 2-0-0, same brand, that I can add, current bloom nutes are 3-8–8 for the record.

How long do you have until the plant gets too cold to grow? The reason I am asking is because I have an outdoor plant and I have done almost everything wrong that you could do and I brought her back. You could get her back but it will extend the grow time.
Likely getting close but can grow well into October(I think)if it’s mild. I have one plant ready to harvest in a couple weeks and 3 others that are in the same stage as this gal.

I have a cal/mag that’s 2-0-0, same brand, that I can add, current bloom nutes are 3-8–8 for the record.
I believe that small dose of N could do it if you're trying to save it. If you're trying to do anything drastic with a large dose of N, like @Enr0n said it will extend your grow time a bit.
Also have seen another plant on here with similar problems that possibly stem from the molasses being given too early. I haven't had any luck using molasses at any stage, so I am not the expert on that lol

@SmokeLake You need to do a slurry test to test medium ph. There is a issue with Megacrops nitrogen which is almost all nitrate raising the pH over time. I am having issues myself. Couple links for you

Also, some of your green leaves have some little light spots on them...might want to check underneath for spider mites (to the naked eye looks like a spec on the move)
Definitely some spider mites. I spray every couple weeks, but they always seem to be there, not quite an infestation but definitely signs of them.

@SmokeLake You need to do a slurry test to test medium ph. There is a issue with Megacrops nitrogen which is almost all nitrate raising the pH over time. I am having issues myself. Couple links for you
I will do the slurry test and report back.
does it matter how recently you’ve fed the plant when doing the test?

It is not that uncommon to get yellowing leafs in the early stage of flowering indoors or out doors & no matter what you try to do to stop it more likely will not work !

So this conjures up all sorts of crazy ideas :lot-o-toke:

Basically some strains do this more than others or batch of seeds of said strain & yes I've grown the same strain from seed more than once with completely different results... so I'll pass this down the genetics line or how they do the breeding !

If you want to stretch out the crazy ideas... I might suggest the plant is a heavy feeder & if it does not improve than look at the above answer ^

We could look at nutrient lock out & this really only applies to growing in soil with that basically leading to over feeding as nutrients are acidic in nature which will lower the soil PH over time... Oh no so how often are you feeding, have you heard of the buffering effect ?

Soil & inert growing mediums / hydroponics are two separate fields of growing do not confuse the methods.

Oh ye if ya wanna go down the run off test or slurry be my guest, if the run off is higher than you pour in ya over feeding as the act of run is effectively called leaching that picks up minerals salts from your last feed if using synthetic or salt based nutrients which may cause a PH issue. These nutrients basically use EC or electrical conductivity for measurements & will not apply to organic nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom