What should do about a dirt floor?

sully508

hello im getting ready to set up a flowering room in my cellar. the cellar is very damp amd has a dirt floor. i have a dehumidifier that fills up almost twice a day.i may add an additional dehumidifier. it smells musty. ill have air intake though.
should put down ply woon then poly sheeting over the wood?spray glue, stapler, duck tape, white poly 4mil thick, and strapping w/ 2"x3" to use for studs.i just got the light. didn't think i could afford it thats why 9 plant are in the ground. 50,000 lumnuns thats awesome. im very excited about the light too. ill be growing in the winter. how awsome is that!
i have a 400 watt hps light and plan to build a 6'by6' frame and use white poly sheeting to enclose the room. then covering w/ emegency blankets from wal mart. i got 5 ready to be flowered as soon as i build this room.
i got 9 outside in the soil. so they wont be ready till sept.. the reson i need it is to never buy weed again!
i need a squril cage and flex hoses. i plan on running it 12/12 8pm to 8 am.
i need alot of things but tomorrow i should be able to finish it up.
any suguestions or advice. this will be my first grow room im wicked excited.
:cool:

That's a pickle.
I'd first cover the floor with the poly to act as a vapor/moisture seal and for the flooring, I'd build your floor just like outdoor decking floor. 2"x6" joists, 1"x6" or 1"x4" deck florring with about an 1/8 inch between slats.
this will prevent condensation problems below the floor that plywood would cause.

Or pave it!!

i can't pave it. ill just level it off .poly the whole cellar floor.then then make a
then make an 8x8 platform with 2x4's so im not taking away the height of the enclosure.

i got my hps light today by ups.

i put down crushedstone then plywood then 2 layers of poly
i did 2 layers of poly (white on the inside and black enclosing the outside walls.
put black poly over 1 small window and the door is half glass. got a 25'x4" dryer hose for fresh cool air coming in and a squirel cage blower i got out of a furnace w/ 2 speeds low and high. its pulling in the poly so i installed a air filter in the wall so it wont pull up the poly on the floor. the blower is too powerful for such a small area. but thats all i got. i could put it on a thermostat so it kicks on when it hits 88 degrees.
i dont know i just know im in flowering and thats a good feeling
i still havent put up a reflective mylar? or well what else is there? i got pics in the photo gallery.

Back
Top Bottom