What soil should I use for my grow?

BossPlant

I wanna be able to use nutrients on my plants but I understand that some soils already have some nutrients in them, with that being said I was wondering what type of soil can I use for my indoor grow that would allow me to use nutrients or is it better if I go with a coco coir type of media?

I wanna be able to use nutrients on my plants but I understand that some soils already have some nutrients in them, with that being said I was wondering what type of soil can I use for my indoor grow that would allow me to use nutrients or is it better if I go with a coco coir type of media?

Welcome!! When I started I used a mixture of FFOF (Fox Farms Ocean Forest) Promix BX and Perlite. 1/3 each. The FFOF I found to be a little "hot" for young plants, but by mixing it it worked great. I also used the Fox Farms trio of nutes. Don't start them too soon. Maybe 3 or 4 weeks, at 1/2 dose first.

If you want a better soil that takes a little more effort, look at Doc's High Brix kit. You mix it with Promix and Worm Castings and 1 month later you have a soil ready to use. There is a lot more to Doc's kit, but that is the start.

Set up a journal and you will find lots of advise. Keep asking questions!! People here will help. :circle-of-love::peace:

I was planning on using all of the Humboldt nutrients and do you think I can use the FFOF with those nutrients? Also how well and affective is the coco coir media?

Welcome to :420:...Sure you could use those nutrients with FFOF...but I personally think it's(FFOF) over hyped/over priced...you would do well to use some ProMixor Sunshine#4 with a few amendments...some people swear by coco...myself...I prefer soil...Best of Luck...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Thank you for taking the time and offer ur advice. What amendments could i use?

Sure no problem! Click the link and take the time to read all of this. Then search for Doc Bud's Question and answer journal, ton of info. When you get to 50 posts you can PM him and buy his amendment kit, that work specifically for the soil he tells you to buy and mix up. Page 5 of the link below explains the instructions. You will need to spend some time reading, but I think you will find it very interesting

In The Lab With Doc Bud

Back
Top Bottom