What type of critter or disease is causing this?

Fenderbender

I'll give here a try.
Anybody recognise this damage as it's popping up everywhere.
I've neemed & soaped the leaves, I've put sticky traps, crushed diatoms on the soil.
img_1697894277751-jpeg.3458379

img_1697731357137-jpeg.3457258

img_1697731134391-jpeg.3457261

I'll give here a try.
Anybody recognise this damage as it's popping up everywhere.
I've neemed & soaped the leaves, I've put sticky traps, crushed diatoms on the soil.
img_1697894277751-jpeg.3458379

img_1697731357137-jpeg.3457258

img_1697731134391-jpeg.3457261
That’s a new one on me I don’t think 🤔 I ever seen anything like that before. Sorry amigo. CL🍀

How’s it Fender??

just fyi but I’ve read that DE is not effective when wet.

hmm not sure on critter type for the necrotic spot, other stuff is chew marks which could be anything from field mouse to katydid or grasshopper….I’ve noticed as season changes to cold weather all kinds of species are coming indoors looking for food, shelter etc. and they are wearing camo

didn’t get a pic of it but noticed 2 weeks back the top of my soil was disturbed and there was a hole about an inch deep. Turns out a mouse was chowing down on roots, covered top of soil with 1/2 wire mesh then added crushed oyster shell and sand as top dress. Immediately set out mouse traps and have been thinning the herd

also had moth or caterpillar come indoors and lay eggs in my sticky buds a few weeks back too. There’s half dozen baby green worms up in there sunbathing

How’s it Fender??

just fyi but I’ve read that DE is not effective when wet.

hmm not sure on critter type for the necrotic spot, other stuff is chew marks which could be anything from field mouse to katydid or grasshopper….I’ve noticed as season changes to cold weather all kinds of species are coming indoors looking for food, shelter etc. and they are wearing camo

didn’t get a pic of it but noticed 2 weeks back the top of my soil was disturbed and there was a hole about an inch deep. Turns out a mouse was chowing down on roots, covered top of soil with 1/2 wire mesh then added crushed oyster shell and sand as top dress. Immediately set out mouse traps and have been thinning the herd

also had moth or caterpillar come indoors and lay eggs in my sticky buds a few weeks back too. There’s half dozen baby green worms up in there sunbathing

Indeed once it's wet it clumps together and things just walk over it.
Top soil is dry though, and I put some on the floor as well.
I saw two erratic things flying around just now, but it won't stay still it doesn't rest on the walls, except for a microsecond, it flies a lot to into the light modules (mothra?) and it dives into the plant to rest and when you shake it it doesn't fly up.

Yes things will be looking to get in the tent with the plants now.. and there's still lots of things around with the temperatures still getting warm.
But one thing I won't be doing again is putting the indoors outside.. I was putting them in the Sun when it was good, but that's a sure way to get unusual and the usual critters.

well crap, stay after them.

last fall I found a fat ass katydid, the only reason I saw it was it had moved and no longer blended in, but it was so green that I’d otherwise never have spotted it amongst foliage.

and of course bagged a double during small game season that same fall season. they come in doggie door cuz that fat arsed cat can’t hunt for shite

maybe someone will recognize that pattern but just to be safe I’d snip half that finger off of the fan leaf just in case it’s a clutch of eggs under there

Just wanted to point out that for diatomaceous earth, the best way to apply it is in a very thin 'puff' to the area with the applicator that comes with some of the brands ... I found out last year that just piling it around does nothing, you basically have to create some static while puffing it around, that is how it kills the bugs, each piece is loose and staticky and sticks to them and causes damage.

Just wanted to point out that for diatomaceous earth, the best way to apply it is in a very thin 'puff' to the area with the applicator that comes with some of the brands ... I found out last year that just piling it around does nothing, you basically have to create some static while puffing it around, that is how it kills the bugs, each piece is loose and staticky and sticks to them and causes damage.
Maybe depends on the insect? it's best to have it spread around thin yes, but I just have the bottle and if I squeeze that it's usually both a thin puff and a little mound. Now I mainly got it to fight a heavy fungus gnat infestation couple grows back.. and well if they walk over a little hill of diatoms they start experiencing problems soon after as the stuff gets between their mechanics.. but not if it has drawn moisture.
I found the tent floor a good location for those gnats as they would have a rest & walk around there.

Maybe depends on the insect? it's best to have it spread around thin yes, but I just have the bottle and if I squeeze that it's usually both a thin puff and a little mound. Now I mainly got it to fight a heavy fungus gnat infestation couple grows back.. and well if they walk over a little hill of diatoms they start experiencing problems soon after as the stuff gets between their mechanics.. but not if it has drawn moisture.
I found the tent floor a good location for those gnats as they would have a rest & walk around there.
Mosquito dunks will take care of the fungus gnats better than anything. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom