What would you do?

What would you do?

• Total voters
Very interesting to hear what everybody's got to say, normly i'm a honest guy but i figure its there lost so i'll be keeping it

nope, I think its more your loss for not being honest, it shows that you, like most people of today, have no honor.

Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.
- - - Albert Einstein

The greatest homage we can pay to truth, is to use it.
- - - James Russell Lowell

Peace if possible, but truth at any rate.
- - - Martin Luther

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
- - - Henry David Thoreau

am different from Washington; I have a higher, grander standard of principle. Washington could not lie. I can lie, but I wont.
- - - Mark Twain

The truth shall make you free.
- - - Bible, John 8:32 :peace:

its not a "great deal"....its called a mistake, and its dishonest.......oh and I dont believe in karma, but I do believe in truth and honesty and honor and personal integrity.

how can you call your self honest if you plan on keepin it shit like that makes pot heads and growers look bad sure the equipment is not cheep but they have to eat if you buy a zip for 300 are you gona sell it for 300 no then you dont make shit plus you dont bite the hand that feeds or dont shit where you eat if you spend 1000 on a set up and harvest a pound its paid for its self dont get me wrong its not a moral thing and i dont believe in karma some people have it coming but if you grow you treat your supplier right as they will you. say they over charge you and you dident notice you would want them to tell you and make it right. were trying to get marijuana legalized not make us look like thieving drug addicts it dosent help the cause. there are to many stupid people in the world dont be another one.

If everybody on here was such a do gooder you'd think the world would be a better place:scratchinghead:
I bet all of you that said you'd bring it back have not done the right thing once or twice before like getting more change than expecetd back at a shop to find money or something on the street when out and about.

Lol the funniest about happened also when i got home with my new t5, when i opened it there was some damage to the reflector also to bulbs was missing and there was no mains lead. I rang the grow shop and told them that there was no mains lead but did not tell them about the other two problems, the told me to come back down for one.
So i packed back up the whole system brought it back thinking there gonna spot there mistake noticing they gave me the 8 bulb fixture instead of the 4 but the did not.

They replaced it with a brand new one i inspected before i left the store what can i say.

They will do inventory and know.

Short term return = keep

Long term = be honest

I think this is covered in game theory.

If you value what they can provide over a long period, then you can gain by being honest. No value over the long term, well ...

How do you feel about getting more than what you paid for? Seems we have become accustomed to the idea of "get for me' which seems to be the opposite of the whole maryjane scene. Or perhaps I am too much of an idealist. Anyways, you could rationalize it by saying this is your karma, or that this is their Karma. Bur here is the real question: If you were OK with what went down, why did you ask?

I'm in the reatail buisness , as far as I'm concerned , it's their mistake and they have to learn to be more careful , If I made the same mistake and someone was honest enough to bring it back , I would probably tell them to keep it anyway , just for being honest.

On top of that , if you figure their markup is probably 50% , then they're still breaking even , losing nothing other than the profit they would have made if you had paid full price.

Keep it brother. You already took it back once and they DID NOT realise. If they are that stupid then it is not your fault. In today's ruthless cut throat world of retail sales it is a breath of fresh air to hear THE CUSTOMER had a win for a change. Everyone answering this thread knows the truth and despite what most of them say would probably keep it.
It is easy to take the moral highground when commenting on anothers decision and most do-gooders would flip 180 when placed in the situation themselves. It's human nature. :peace:

it still looks the strokers like me are no good thieving drug addicts willing to pimp their mothers. Think what you want...Im a good person, I try to do the right thing in most cases but shit happens and sometimes it works in my favor. call it what you will.

thats funny that cos i was just on a shopkeepers forum and some bloke was going on about some geezer buying a light from him ,but one of the £20 notes was rare as fuck and worth 20 grand, anyways , rather than tell him he just gave him a light worth twice the price and sent him on his way. lol

I had to pimp my mother once, it was for a gram of cheetos and a packet of skunk.

mum

It was hard to part with the skunk and the cheetos.:thanks::peace::ganjamon:
and rather than stroke it Pit and St/Hunter are welcome to come and see my mum
but the cheetos and skunk goes to me. Going to check out all those shopkeepers forums.
Laters

7 high an mighty do gooders sitting on a wall
come on everybody sing
7 high an mighty do gooders sitting on a wall
and if 1 do gooder should accidently fall
0nly 6 more to go:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom