Another T-5 Question

simondetroit

My local Home Depot is selling 4ft dual T5's for $35 each. The ballasts are attached and they include bulbs (will have to swap out). Anyways I'm considering mounting 4 sets together on a board or something in order to create an 8 light setup for 5 vegging plants. I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS: How can I create a hood or reflector for these since these lights are essentially just a white fixture with no reflector facing down? 2nd......What would be the best way to mount these in my room. I was thinking I would like to have the option to move the bulbs up and down. Thanks Again

I am not sure but the t-5 i seen at HD were not the high output versions so i went sun blaze and honestly i was an out door grower and the sun has nothing on the T-5 at least for veg so fare , i am interested in there ability to flower , but no joke after my first set of sun leaves the plant has grown over an inch per day using advanced and PH balanced water (running 18 and 4 with 2 inches space from light to plant

Yeah I did this before with the 2 ft version from lowes. 2 2ft HO bulbs.. I actually think its a great way to save money. See the white casing prolly reflect about 85% of the light back anyhow.

Plus you can get those grow bulbs on ebay for like 45 bucks for all 8.

Just keep in mind you wouldent want your plants much taller than 1.5 feet or CFL's just cant reach... Still makes some potent buds.

Just mount them all to a board and get grow yos!

Do you use this light for clones or vegging? With the shipping I'm almost paying $280 for this t5 setup. I know the price is good but in your opinion don't you think I would be better off just using a metal halide for vegging to save $ and get better results? I know it will be hotter though. I figured I could get away with just Home Depot specials for the clones?

Weird how the prices are so different. Am I missing something??

Only if you don't do a LOT of comparison shopping. :oops:

Places will charge as much as they can get away with and hope that you don't do too much checking around on your own.:smokin:

My personal favorite is the $10-$12 bottle of molasses in the hydro shop that is $2.25 in the grocery store. :rofl: Same stuff, different label.

DD

Back
Top Bottom