What yield can I realistically expect?

KSum

I know it depends on many factors, strain, grow style, water condition, nutrients, alignment of the planets, etc..

How much can I reasonably expect to harvest from an autoflower seed grown in hydro that claims to have a yield of 300-400 gr/m2?

I'm using :
- Ebb & Flow Hydro in 2 gallon pots
- MH light on 16/8 cycle
- Hydroton
- Tap water (ph 6.8)
- Supernatural nutrients (ph buffered)

Thanks.

Well between 0 and 400. My first was 45g, second 25 haha

So the 300-400 gr/m2 is stuffing 10 of them into a 3ft x 3ft space? I guess since they're autos and you aren't supposed to snip them to branch out then 10 might fit in that space. :)

I'm considering doing at least one little snip of the first set of true leaves to at least get 2 mains going. Hopefully close to doubling the potential anyway..

With no lights? Probably not much.

I did list a MH light on a 16/8 cycle. :)

mh is ok for veg , you need hps for flower well you dont really but its far better and will boost them more than the mh , i wouldnt go by the seed bank .. they will all grow different some will be better than others even if they are the same strain , you might get an once and half from one and only half an ounce from another

I'm getting 2-3 ounces per plant with soil, which is why I switched to hydro. Hoping for 8 ounces minimum.

The lights are 600W. Once the plants in soil finish and everything is in hydro there will be 3 600W lights covering 18 plants.

How much can I reasonably expect to harvest from an autoflower seed grown in hydro that claims to have a yield of 300-400 gr/m2?

Thanks.

Those measurements as in yield are referred to SoG methods that is some 16 to 20 plants per 1 m2 !

It would suggest the strain is on a slightly low yield side of things i'd expect 1 oz plus per plant...

Actualy me geting so low yield is my oun fault. You can get 300-400 from only one auto... That is why I said from 20 to 300-400. Depends, the most, on how well you grow them, equipment etc.

No worries about the jack, I actually fluxed one plant that's now about 30" x 30". I have others that I FIM'd. They were started in soil and one will finish in soil. The Fluxed one has only been in flower for about a week so I transplanted it to hydro along with 2 others of the same age. If they die I'm not to worried about it. I've got autos one week in that will finish before any of those do. The transplant is an experiment to see if they die or flourish.

Since I'm currently limited to 18 mature plants at a time, I'm trying to find the best way to grow at least a pound of the same strain every month. I'm starting out with autos that go from seed to harvest in ~8 weeks. (I'm anticipating more like 10-12) If I harvest 4-6 plants a month and plant the next seeds of the same strain I think it might be possible. It's the primary reason I switched to hydro.

Why a pound a month? I'm supplying a dispensary along with the patients I grow for.

Back
Top Bottom