What yield do these strains have realistically?

I presume you have had feedback from others that the domestic seller's beans match the descriptions and not just sending a bunch of anything. If it's all good then that's great you have a reliable trustworthy local source, but a shame for those when shysters take them for a ride.

There has been no negative feedback over the past two years regarding wrong/inferior strains.

While I have toked for many years, when it comes to named strains I know many but have tried not even a handful whose names I knew. So on your list I have knowingly only tried White Widow, and the version I got would get a thumbs up.

White Widow will be included in my grow this season. Thanks

Lol. Deep end and deep budget. That advice about many strains/plants had a whiff of "in a perfect world" about it. How about one pack of 90% or higher indica (the Northern Lights would qualify for this, probably), a pack of something closer to middle-of-the-spectrum (but no more than 50% sativa), and a pack of some kind of autoflowering strain that has a description that appeals to you and has an estimated sprout-to-harvest time of ten or eleven weeks?

Those would be more likely to finish on time than high-percentage sativa strains. The only thing that bothers me about the above suggestion is... It's kind of humid there, on average, isn't it? The denser the plant's structure, the higher the worry about mold/rot, due to reduced ability for air to circulate and carry away moisture that the plant transpires. Strains that produce buds you could hit across a park with a baseball bat might be contraindicated. IDFK. . . .

Flowering time doesn't seem like a problem, @Stunger mentioned that plants go to flower around early-mid January here in NZ, so in my estimate that means about 12 weeks flowering time if I needed it. So I assume sativas will do all right with such a long flowering time available.

You bought up a good point about dense plants that will have a reduced ability to circulate air and carry away moisture. Strains like GG4, Green Crack, Blue Dream and Power Plant have all got high resistance to mold. I'm not sure about each plants density.

There’s a salty old grower named ScrubDog in NZ. He did a bunch of grows and found The Doors from mr nice to be the best ganja he grew. He had lots of mold and cold issues with a lot of varieties he tested.

I'll note down that strain and seedbank for next growing season, too late for me to take advantage of it now. I take it 'ScrubDog' doesn't grace this forum, his user didn't come up in a search. That's a shame, I wouldn't have liked to have picked his brain.

Being away for a couple days, this thread moved fast :rofl:

Blue Dream from HSO seems to be highly resistant to budrot. I have 9 of them out this year with some due to be harvested over the next week, and only 2 have shown any bud rot and it was easily amputated to prevent spread, all 3 pieces I cut off wouldn’t amount to 2g dry weight.

Cluster Bomb from Bomb Seeds is another big yielded with a nice smoke and highly resistant to budrot. I’ve grown it outside 4 out of the last 5 years and have never seen budrot on it even though I rarely harvest it before mid October.

Being away for a couple days, this thread moved fast :rofl:

Blue Dream from HSO seems to be highly resistant to budrot. I have 9 of them out this year with some due to be harvested over the next week, and only 2 have shown any bud rot and it was easily amputated to prevent spread, all 3 pieces I cut off wouldn’t amount to 2g dry weight.

Cluster Bomb from Bomb Seeds is another big yielded with a nice smoke and highly resistant to budrot. I’ve grown it outside 4 out of the last 5 years and have never seen budrot on it even though I rarely harvest it before mid October.

I've got some Blue Dream seeds on the way. Thanks for the review of Blue Dreams bud rot resistance.

I'll note down Cluster Bomb for next season. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom