What's the deal with a seed from a clone?

Makeminefullgrown

Hello all, so I just finished growing 3 clones purchased from a very reputable breeder, who’s a great guy as well.
The 3 strains were Grandi Guava, Fruity Pebbles OG, and White Truffle.
Anyway, I’ve found a handful of seeds from 2 of the 3 clones. I was surprised, as I had no nanners (at least I didn’t find any).
My question is should I grow these seeds? I’m told they will def be female but may likely pollinate themselves as the clones did. Will they be the same pheno??
I’m fine with a handful of seeds in over a Lb of buds. I’m sure there are probably a few more but I’d say there may be 1 seed for every oz of dried manicured bud.
These 3 strains are all fire and I’d like to pop these seeds…..just unsure and need someone to educate me.
Thanks all.

Hello all, so I just finished growing 3 clones purchased from a very reputable breeder, who’s a great guy as well.
The 3 strains were Grandi Guava, Fruity Pebbles OG, and White Truffle.
Anyway, I’ve found a handful of seeds from 2 of the 3 clones. I was surprised, as I had no nanners (at least I didn’t find any).
My question is should I grow these seeds? I’m told they will def be female but may likely pollinate themselves as the clones did. Will they be the same pheno??
I’m fine with a handful of seeds in over a Lb of buds. I’m sure there are probably a few more but I’d say there may be 1 seed for every oz of dried manicured bud.
These 3 strains are all fire and I’d like to pop these seeds…..just unsure and need someone to educate me.
Thanks all.
Should be the same pheno unless the pollen somehow came from elsewhere?
Think I'd soak one, see if it pops and if it does why not grow it - sound like top shelf even with a few seeds

good chance you simply didn't see them. they are often hidden inside the bud.

they will either be 100% hermie or slightly possibly female depending on how they arose.

if they rodelized and did not hermie they will be female. getting a plant to rodelize is not easy and pretty well never happens by accident. maybe a 2% chance.

Thanks all.

considering the small number of seeds it could indicate they rodelized. the only thing you can do is take a chance if you want. it'll either be great or a disaster, but you won't know until flower. i'd do a run on those seeds alone if you decide to try so you don't contaminate any of your other genetics if it goes badly.

edit : if these were clones from a clone on clone run, or were from an exceptionally old mother plant, they could be suffering from genetic drift. it will push plants to hermie over time.

good chance you simply didn't see them. they are often hidden inside the bud.

they will either be 100% hermie or slightly possibly female depending on how they arose.

if they rodelized and did not hermie they will be female. getting a plant to rodelize is not easy and pretty well never happens by accident. maybe a 2% chance.

considering the small number of seeds it could indicate they rodelized. the only thing you can do is take a chance if you want. it'll either be great or a disaster, but you won't know until flower. i'd do a run on those seeds alone if you decide to try so you don't contaminate any of your other genetics if it goes badly.

edit : if these were clones from a clone on clone run, or were from an exceptionally old mother plant, they could be suffering from genetic drift. it will push plants to hermie over time.
I think there’s a good chance they came from an older mother….:

I think there’s a good chance they came from an older mother….:

considering how few showed up it might be worth trying them if you want. i'd just be careful and grow them on their own. could be an experiment if you have the time and resources.

Back
Top Bottom