What's wrong here? Leaves turning yellow

Jvernice

The leaves are turning yellow. My GDP at 5 weeks since flip. Growing in Happy Frog. Is this nutrient burn? I was fertilizing with Prescription Blend continuously. I changed that couple of weeks ago to pH 6.5 water and fertilizer weekly when first noticed. I have an automatic watering system that I built and programmed. It waters to 50% when moisture drops to 15%. Basically, almost dry to fairly wet. Water about every 2-3 days. Hadn’t had any problems with other grows. Tent temperature is 73-77F. Humidity is at about 40-45%. 1,500 watt led about 14 inches from canopy. Light measured at 500 ppfd.

4A090909-14CF-494F-9A3E-048BA58203F8.jpeg

We see that a lot here. Is it a deficiency, an excess of one particular nutrient, or a lockout-deficiency caused by an excess? I don't know but some of the group should show up before long to help.

Often growers will accept the changes to the leaves and call it some sort of end of life transition

It waters to 50% when moisture drops to 15%. Basically, almost dry to fairly wet.
This caught my attention. It sounds like you are continuing the same sort of wet to dry to wet cycle that many soil growers use while the plant is in the vegetating cycle. The method works great for earlier growing weeks but has not been recommended after plant is more than a couple of weeks into flower.

Now the recommendation is let the soil start to dry out but keep it from getting drier than the moist stage. This ends up with the grower watering more often but not to the stage of keeping the soil soaking wet.

Watering a bit more often will not fix the leaves but it might slow down the changes. With maybe 3-4 more weeks to go till harvest that might be enough.

You really need to post more pics so people can help identify the issue, the over all plant. etc.

I see lots of tip burn, so im guessing its nutrient lockout. Do a ppm slurry or run off test. might just need to flush some salts out with a good water. Ideal would be 800-1600 ish. if you get over 2000 just give it plain water

Back
Top Bottom