When do leaves typically yellow?

Observation:

I have a CO2 meter, and I've noticed the values slowly rising lately (just using my breath to supply CO2 in my small studio apartment :) ). Didn't think much about it, other than it should be good for my plants but was reaching unhealthy levels for humans (me) and I should crack a window.

But, after flushing last night the CO2 levels have dropped from over 1600 ppm to 750 ppm. It would appear my plants are consuming more CO2 after the flush. (I flushed my girl plus my pepper plants while I was at it.)

I'm taking this as a good sign, as if they were choking, weakened, and in survival mode, not being very active; and now they're back to "breathing deeply".

I wonder if an increase in CO2 (decrease in CO2 consumption) could be used as a measure of when to flush?

Thanks,
BeGruntled

Maybe their stomata were clogged with debris and dust. Do you have a pet maybe. Plants produce co2 during lights out and use that co2 when the lights come back on. Ive read the concentration of co2 a person exhales is around 25,000 ppm inside their mouth but I have no clue if that is fact. Also sometimes after flushing plants will tend to be in shock temporarily so that could also contribute.

Good ideas. Response:

No pets. Not that dusty here, either. Air circulating via ceiling fan 24/7.

Prior to adding plants, the CO2 levels in my studio would fluctuate from ~500 ppm after spending all day out of apartment at work to ~1400 ppm in the mornings, after exhaling CO2 all night while sleeping. (Proving my apartment is pretty much a closed loop and not well ventilated.)

Weird that you say they produce CO2 at night because I haven't seen my readings spike any higher. They've actually seemed to stop fluctuating as dramatically. (Usually, with this last twist as the exception.)

A few of my pepper plants were showing signs of nutrient deficiencies as well: interveinal chlorosis and necrotic spots. Increasing their K and P helped temporarily, but I'm guessing they were salt locked, too.

Anyways, cheers and gracias.

Well yes plants exhale co2 like people do but that is only during lights out when the lights are on the exhale oxygen which is why any doctor worth a damn will tell you the first thing to purifying your air for your health is to have at least a few houseplants as they will absorb a lot of toxins from the air.

Right when a plant uses the nutrients up the waste is in the form of salt and that builds up near the roots. When people say to flush the plant what they are saying is give it enough nutrient free water to wash away all of that salt buildup because that salt kills the fine hairs on the roots and will eventually just entirely burn your roots up.

Carbon dioxide enrichment involves increasing the concentrations of CO2 to 4-5 times the normal atmospheric levels, to between 1200-1500 ppm in an enclosed space. Enrichment has been shown to promote faster growth, higher yields, and stronger, healthier plants. Levels higher than 2000 ppm have been shown to retard plant growth. Low levels of CO2 (below 200) have been show to halt vigorous growth, even when all other conditions are ideal. Because of this, any enclosed space requires replenishment of the internal CO2 as it is used by plants, either from ventilation or from CO2 supplementation.

Standard growing conditions typically include concentrations of CO2 at 300-500 ppm, temperatures between 65-80°F, and relatively low humidity (20-40% rH). Studies have shown optimal growth and yields at 85-95°F, 1,500 ppm CO2, 45-50% relative humidity, 7,500-10,000 lumens/square foot of light and vigorous air movement both above and below the canopy. CO2 enrichment under 80°F, under 7500 lumens/sf, or above 50% humidity is not recommended because plants will not be conducting photosynthesis quickly enough to benefit from the enrichment.

Nice chart. Does it make a difference in ph if the food is organic vs gmo or in the meat corn fed or grass fed and grass finished?

I want to try raw milk so badly. But the politicians decide what you can have. It is proven people who drink raw milk have less allergies and are sick less but politicians rather have us drink milk that has blood and puss in it from the machines sucking the udders until there is a pussy blood ring around it and that goes straight in the milk. They then boil and cool the milk until it is "gone" Certain states allow you to purchase raw milk for your pets so you could use that as a excuse if ever questioned about it and then share it or drink it yourself.

Only a few of these can be given to plants though. Id imagine there isnt to many people giving their plants beef:) Here my beauty have some kung pao chicken. Hehe

Definitely never ever putting any of those fake sugars into my plants. Especially aspertame which is a monsanto product and is a biproduct of ecoli originally designed as a weapon for the military. It originally was not passed for human consumption but a lot of bribe money fixes that. The gentleman who approved it promptly retired and till this day is facing backlash. Aspertame product of ecoli which is a bacteria in fecal matter. So you are literally consuming the shit of the shit if you think about it.Please look up aspartame harmful side effects its insane.

Back
Top Bottom