When do leaves typically yellow?

Ok also with soil one thing most people don't check is the run off water. you can see the PH of the water coming out to get an idea of the PH in the soil.

A flush of clean water a few times or if you do it once heavy about 3 times the water it would normally take with a little bit of lemon juice would take care of the salt buildup ( even without the lemon but it helps) Don't over do it with the lemon juice tho as it is food for BACTERIA. Best to only use when you need to flush the plant and you should flush your plant every 2-3 nutrient feedings. This insures your plants don't get to much of 1 nutrient ( the left overs in the soil mixed with new nutes) and that your plant wont get any kind of salt build up.

All and all you got a nice lookin plant there and she should be some good smoke! :goodjob:

I actually did check the runoff pH back on 2/27.

pH in: 6.1
pH out: 5.88

Maybe a little low?

I've got a bottle of Fox Farm's Bushdoctor SledgeHammer. Just been afraid to use it. :bitingnails: Ha!

Sounds like good advice. Thanks!

Hey man you got my vote!

That's pretty low for soil, your aim should be more like 6.5 But hey that's learning how to grow, you can't forget you have some gorgeous Buds there and just like everyone you improve on every grow!

Use the sledge hammer, I used it for 2 years before switching nutes. Its good stuff.:thumb:

You can see why you have a cal/mag deficiency in the above image.

light green or yellow coloring will begin to show on the veins and edges of the lower & older leaves this is one of the classic signs of magnesium deficiency.

Awesome, thanks M1dragonace. Haven't seen that chart before. Looks like I must've seen a chart designed for hydro only. Great info. That might be exactly my girl's problem.

Today's watering day. Been 4 days. Wondering if I should start flushing with Sledgehammer today. What do y'all think?

I think absolutely flush it, and if you plan on giving your girls a last dose of nutes and start doing your end harvest flushing next week, as long as you flush clean water a couple weeks before crop you wont have any chemical tastes, but its completely up to you.

I would def do the sledge hammer flush, since I use 3 gallon pots I flushed with 6 gallons of plain 6.5ph water then 3 gallons of sledgehammer solution. cant say that i've seen much of a difference in the last 2 harvests with or without sledgehammer. i say use as directed but a good flush is a good flush. if you don't over feed your plants throughout their lives then sledgehammer isn't really necessary but a final flush at the end is a must.

I think I understand the logic behind not being able to PM someone till you've posted 60 times to the forum. But, why can't you reply to a PM either?

I am not sure of that one it makes no sense to me to not be able to respond. Dont worry though if you wanted to you could get to 60 in a day or 2 no problem.

I flushed her last night with the Sledgehammer.

I used a higher pH to see if that would help. I went slightly higher than my target (of 6.8) since the runoff from before was about 2 tenths lower.

4 gals water
~40 ml Sledgehammer
~2.0 ml pH up
7.03 pH

She doesn't look too shocked this morning, which is good. Time will tell...

It also stinks that I can't edit or delete older posts. I can edit the two I just sent, but can't edit any earlier ones.

Also, hovering the mouse over the edit post button shows "Edit / Delete", but I found no way to delete a post. Any ideas?

Well if you use organic soil then the soil automatically buffers your ph. So when you water it or give it nutrients within reason it will stay around that soils range. I was obsessed with ph and then I had major problems because the meter went all wackyass on me. When I was ph down the meter would show a higher ph and then ph up would lower it. When I would use the meter again it would show a ph differenc of about 7.0 or 8.0 without doing anything different. So I stopped ph adjusting and the plants are saying thank you!!

Well my intention isnt to tell you what to do man I just gave my experience and from what I can tell the experience of a lot of quality growers around this site. If what your doing is working then ignore me and leave it as is :)

Hey Joe,

Is that organic soil only? What about hydro?

The plant in this thread is my first grow ever. I've got one a few weeks into veg in a 7 gal bag pot with 50:50 FFOF:Sunshine Adv mix #4. Then, I couldn't just throw away some lower branches from lolipopping this girl, so I've got an experiment going on. She was starting to flower when I took a few cuttings, so these are 'monster cropped' clones. 3 in soil and 1 in DWC hydro. Wanted to experience this 'explosive growth' I keep reading about hydro, and really compare it to soil. It's taken weeks for them to get over the shock and show any promise. I think they're rooted and revegged now, and stable. Hoping to see new growth up top. The ones in soil look a lot more stressed than the one in hydro, and the hydro, while not much new growth yet does look a little fuller than the others. Her roots are already coming out the 6" net pot and dangling in the water a good 3" or 4".

I guess I should start a grow journal instead of continuing in this forum.

Thanks again for everyone's advice. This forum is great!

Haha yes Ive been waiting for you to start a journal so I can come there to help you instead of this thread. Its just organic. For hydro you will need to ph a lot since there is no buffering ability and the plants completely depend on you for their nutrition needs and not whats in the soil.

:reading420magazine:

So, next I need to learn what I'm supposed to do for a journal. Wondering are you supposed to create a journal for each plant / project? One journal for everything? Or is it personal preference?

Time to RTFM...

It is mostly a personal preference but think of it this way. If you were to go to a journal that had 500 or so pages and it covered 4 grows would you be more inclined to read it all or less? If you divide it up you will get more subscribers and they will follow you as you go instead of trying to play catch up. I just started flowering and my journal has over 30 pages already I think but I also post political things and what people have been telling me is great growing info and I only share it in my journals and some in my blogs but mostly in my journals. I do this not only to get mor subscriptions and for people to see who I am and what I am about but also I want to share what I know almost exclusively with thse who took their time on me so I can say thank you.

Back
Top Bottom