When is the best time to put clones outside?

Hello all you fellow 420magazine folks, can someone please school me on the best time of the year to put rooted cuttings outdoors? I want to have some Mother Plants growing this Winter so that I can have have clones rooted and vegged a little and put outdoors next spring? or summer?
In the past I have been able to get an early spring/summer harvest by putting clones outdoors in late May or early July, they always go into flower very rapidly and finish very small and very fast. I ASSuMEd that it was because of being indoors under H.I.D.'s?
Is there a better time of the year in the SouthWestern part of the USofA? I don't know enough about Spring Equinox or Summer Solstice to understand if I can keep a clone growing in a vegative state outdoors without them going into straight flowering mode. I am hoping someone here can break it down in laymen's terms on how to grow huge trees outdoors that started there life as a cutting under indoor lighting.
Thanks ahead of time.:morenutes:

Hello all you fellow 420magazine folks, can someone please school me on the best time of the year to put rooted cuttings outdoors? I want to have some Mother Plants growing this Winter so that I can have have clones rooted and vegged a little and put outdoors next spring? or summer?
In the past I have been able to get an early spring/summer harvest by putting clones outdoors in late May or early July, they always go into flower very rapidly and finish very small and very fast. I ASSuMEd that it was because of being indoors under H.I.D.'s?
Is there a better time of the year in the SouthWestern part of the USofA? I don't know enough about Spring Equinox or Summer Solstice to understand if I can keep a clone growing in a vegative state outdoors without them going into straight flowering mode. I am hoping someone here can break it down in laymen's terms on how to grow huge trees outdoors that started there life as a cutting under indoor lighting.
Thanks ahead of time.:morenutes:
A lesson on outdoors in AZ... First of all with the dryness (lack of humidity) of our state we have to be very protective of our girls we put outside. With that said, here are just a couple of things I have learned since my first attempts.
1. Make sure you get as much direct light as possible. I have a brick wall around my property and just came to the realization I need to move my plants off the west wall and put them on the north side of my property.
2. Wait until evening to transplant outside....cooler temps less shock...if you are moving containers and not transplanting still do it in the evening.
3.I like to get the outside going in march after the Spring equinox...days are getting longer.
4. I have never put out plants any earlier to try for a Spring harvest.
5. About Equinox/Solstice
Equinoxes: March 20 2012 05:14 GMT September 22 2012 14:49 GMT Spring starts days getting longer, Fall shorter
Solstices: June 20 2012 23:09 GMT December 21 2012 11:11 GMT Summer days start getting shorter Winter longer
6. Since after Winter Solstice you might be able to put some girls outside if you watch them closely and protect them from the weather
I put 3 of my clones outdoors in late September and I have one that survived...my fault. But she is blooming and will come back in for reveg after I harvest her.
Clone_outside_bud.JPG

Hope this was of some help.:peace:

Yeah, thats what I was looking for. Now I need to memorize it and hope it makes sense lol. Sometimes it takes me a little while to absorb what I'm reading lol maybe its a stoner thing :bong::reading420magazine::bong::helpsmilie::bong::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::yahoo::thanks:

So are there folks out there that have luck getting clones to veg outdoors instead of going straight into flowering?
So far for me its always just a small plant but it always comes in handy to get an early harvest.
Thanks again

I wonder if my lighting regimen is as close to natures if it will help them get acclimated easier when going outdoors? Most of the time I run the lights at night to combat heat, then when they go outside I wonder if they get a jet lag type effect? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

AZ

Going outside? See if you can find a landrace strain... and if you are out for monsters get BIG buckets!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Az,

We had an unusually early warm spring in the north east and I put clones outside on Apr 12th where normally late May early June for planting outdoors.

I had a few problems;

They (4) started to flower since the day light hours were still short, and I think they would have reverted to veg as the day light hours got longer.

Then a huge storm blew down a fence onto the plants.

And when I finally got the fence off of them a few weeks later 3 were missing. I am guessing someone ripped them off right before the storm since they were a little hairy. However one was still there and was barely alive so I pulled it not to give them a chance to come back for it. It had also started to get bud rot from being wet and under the fence.

On the opposite end of the spectrum;

I had another clone that was fairly mature and I placed it outside August 31st just as an experiment with trimming a plant not to look like weed. HH pruning not to look like MJ for outdoors This experiment turned out much better. It was one of the stickiest smelliest plants I grew.

I always put out vegged up clones in the middle of May for an early harvest (out of smoke by then) but would love to figure out how these growers on you tooob that say these monster plants are from clones? How are they geting them to stay growing and not just buddin?
Thanks hash hound, I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom