When the rain comes, they run and hide their heads, they might as well be dead

Zafu

4th year growing outside here in the foothills of Northern California. While I've had rain before in September and lost a few branches, a winter like storm just rolled in here and I'm mourning the loss of what appears about 20% of my crop; could be more. The top half of a beautiful Purple Kush completely broke off and heavier limbs of other ladies are down.

I use 30 gallon fabric pots and this has worked out very well for me in the past. I'm thinking that next year I need to move up to 60-gallon pots, hoping that with the additional room the ladies will grow strong branches and stand a better chance of enduring this type of onslaught. Thoughts? Prayers?

I'm pretty darn upset, but trying to keep it under control and chalk it up to a lesson learned. Just tough to endure, as this years' crop was really something special. So far the huge buds from the Purple Kush and Blue Widow seem the hardest hit, but the Columbian Gold, Thai Fantasy and Aphrodite certainly aren't out of the woods yet.

Peace,

Zafu

dunno know if it's relevant here, but you can splint some of the limbs back in place, and they may survive. especially if they are not broke off completely.

dunno know if it's relevant here, but you can splint some of the limbs back in place, and they may survive. especially if they are not broke off completely.

Thanks bluter. Yes, I performed said surgery and hopefully will have saved a lot. I appreciate that reminder, as I've saved branches in the past that weren't too fully disconnected. In light of a trip we are taking in early October, I was scared even harvesting last few days of September were shaky, but interestingly enough, the trichs on these severed today look pretty good. I'm shocked. Will post some pics later.

Zafu

Back
Top Bottom