When to first give seedlings nutrients?

tokeycones

Hey guys i've always grown from cuttings but i've imported some fresh genetics sprouts have 4 leaves with the next set just start to poke through just wondering how early you start the feeding i am growing in coco coir if that makes a differnece ,
, obviously light nutes to begin.

they are only about 6 days old from when they first broke through the soil. they are in organic jiffy pots roots poking out the bottoms.

OK...When you said:

sprouts have 4 leaves with the next set just start to poke through

I thought you meant four sets of leaves. ;)

I fed mine 1/4 strength nutes since day 3 from sprouting the surface ... do not feed them anything over a quarter strength
20190205_142853.jpg

once you see the cotyledon leaves turn yellow its a good sign to feed

It contains protein, fats, and starches which provide energy for the developing seedling. The cotyledons provide a similar function. These are the seed leaves and they also contain storage of food for the developing plant. The cotyledons in some cases are major photosynthetic producers during germination.

It contains protein, fats, and starches which provide energy for the developing seedling. The cotyledons provide a similar function. These are the seed leaves and they also contain storage of food for the developing plant. The cotyledons in some cases are major photosynthetic producers during germination.
And all in the size of a cannabis seed... Is there also water pre available for a couple weeks in their too?

i wouldnt think a couple of weeks , i would use a dropper to drip around the seedling , i find if you soak the whole pot the salt build up sets in , a real weak feed around the base of the seedling , work your way out at it grows bigger .
If your pot is that much larger than your root mass that maybe where the actual issue is. Moderation is key start very light and push it to its limits as quickly as you can. High risk high reward and theyre young so it's not like youre wasting a bunch of time if you screw up.

I've always believed this :thumb: ...I don't transplant into a mild organic until they turn, this time it was 24 days until they turned :popcorn:
i use a little can like this , just water/feed enough for the roots to search deeper

$_32.JPG
$_32.JPG
I have a little 2 qt water can too :laugh:

I fed mine 1/4 strength nutes since day 3 from sprouting the surface ... do not feed them anything over a quarter strength
20190205_142853.jpg
Oh nice :love: is this a baby photo contest too :popcorn: right on :slide:
No nothing (no nutes, amendments, NOTHING...lol), I start in "Jiffy Organic Seed Starter Mix"
1.25.19.jpg<<<<<Day 23 with no nutes...1.26.19 2pm.JPG<<<<<Day 24 put into mild organic mix (nutes)

..........So now day 33>>>>>2.5.19.JPG>>>>>>>2.5.19.0.JPG.....:yahoo: :slide: :popcorn:

your plants look awesome :)

I grow my little guys in coco so I don't have any nutes at all unless I add them which is why I add them so early.
Thank you Loki :yummy: I try :popcorn: been at it for about 10 years or so :hmmmm: since early '08 after my youngest went to college

And I hope they aren't "little guys" that would be sad :(

And...
My Jiffy mix doesn't have any nutes in it either, what the Professor and I are trying to say is they don't need them until those little round leaves (cotyledons) start turning yellow, it took 24 days for mine to turn colors...then I gave them nutes...but it varies man, everyone has his or her own style, if it works for you then hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it :slide:

Back
Top Bottom