When to flower? First time indoor grow

Ravenous

420 Member
hey guys new grower here and i need some expert advice

First of all some info im using a 3x3x6 grow tent
with a 600 watt philzon led grow light at about 12 inches from the plants as of the last picutres
Iguana nutes organic veg and chains every 2nd feed on 3/4 strength
grown in 3 gallon pots
temperature steady 22-23 degrees during day lights on and around 20 at night
humidity at 40% without misting the inside of the tent which i do once a day to bring it up to 55-60% (will stop this on flower)
strain is fem green crack
have been using LST methods (first time using this) but seems to be working well

first picture is from March 15 about 1=2 week after seeds were planted or so cant remember exactly
2nd picture is from march 30th
and last 3 pictures are from today april 12

wondering when i should flip to flower i dont wanna end up root bound or with the plants out of control
my gut is telling me to flower in the next 5-7 days if not sooner or im going to need to get bigger pots but then i worry about not having sufficient light if the plants end up to tall and the bottoms wont get the light needed

opinions and thoughts ? should i flower sooner ? Should i get bigger pots and veg longer will my 600 watt led be enough i have too many questions

anything helps thanks guys
GOPR0235.JPG
GOPR0322.JPG
GOPR0392.JPG
GOPR0389.JPG
GOPR0387.JPG

You need to keep your grow space in mind, realizing that your plants will at least double in size during the flowering stage. Lightly defoliating will allow the light to penetrate better.
Larger pots obviously help in root development.
Your plants look good and healthy at this point.
Grow space limitations dictate when to flip.

hey thanks for the quick response

would u recommend i go to 5 gallon pots and veg longer considering my light is 600 watt led and the size of tent is 3x3x6? or if i was to flip say in the next week i would be okay to stay in the 3 gallon pots and leave it as is?
plants are about 12 inches tall out from the dirt i would say as it is now .... so i would expect to see 24-30 inch tall plants by the time they were done roughly ?
is my light going to be okay for that if i defoliate some of the larger fan leaves

im the rookie here what would you do ?

P.s i am just looking to be sucessful on my first grow....not grow a pound :p i can try that out door this summer or next time hahaha

thanks again man appreciate your time

I’m currently growing in 3.5 gallon containers. They are fine. I’ve used 5 gal in the past too.
You want to veg until the plants build enough structure to support your developing buds.
Have you topped them? It’ll keep them shorter and grow more bud sites.
Trimming off some of the older fan leafs can help with both saving some space and allowing light to reach down. Keep in mind, the leafs are there in nature for a reason. Don’t go crazy.
Even if you made the flip tomorrow I think you would have a successful grow.

Pot size break down that has worked for many years with no root bound. for plastic pots for each total months of growing add 1 gallon. So if you veg for 3 months and flower for two month = 5 gallon pot.

For fabric pots or air pots, 3 gallon = 5 gallon plastic. 5 gallon = 7 gallon plastic. 7 gallon = 10 gallon plastic.

Sorry left out watering. 3 gallon pot 1/4 gallon water, 5 gallon pot 1/2 gallon water, 7 gallon pot 3/4 gallon water, 10 gallon pot 1 gallon water. Adjust as needed but most do well.

Ok last post sorry I had to look up the light you are growing with to see real power. Just so you know most LED's say total diodes watts not wall watts on your type of diodes which is most important. Your light on amazon down on the bottom of page says (Actual Power: 100 watt ±3%). So yes it will grow buds but about half the weight the right amount of watts would do. Kinda tricky now a days using wall watts per SQF with the awesome diodes we have but with your type A good rule is around 35watts per SQF, so your
3x3=9SF x35=315 wall watts. Sorry for all the post just got done working brain fried. Hope some of my post help you. Take care :passitleft:

alot of info appreciate all the feed back

i have not topped them only low stress training but i have managed to keep them really short and quite equal height
so ive been vegging for ab out a month so 1 gallon should be used up
if i flip within 7 days then i should be good in the 3 gallon pots for flower......
Co finest your math is alot for me to take in but i feel like my light is not enough to let my plants veg for too much longer as it is ....its been 1 month of hard veg and i need 2 moths or just under for flower so that eats the rest of my time/ space in the pots
i think i should just flip soon and see how it goes

again guys apprecaite all the info so fast really helps

i am also using iguanas bloom organic nutes for flower should i use their bud candy as well or just leave that out ?
thanks again guys seriously

edit .... as far as watering goes been using 4 gallons of water or water/nutes for all 3 plants every 3-4 days

Yeah looking good mate. Nice happy plants :) CO is right about the lights tho. Not really enough power for that space. Still give you a few oz but you'd be better with some more. Id recommend mars hydro for leds. I use their ancient first models and do pretty well but they've got much better tech these days. Good for the budget grower too :)

alright thanks again brothers for the info... going to flip them on monday for sure and look into upgrading lights for the future...... was only into the tent and this light fora couple hundred so hell a couple oz of real organic marijuana would be cool with me..... i just like growing things to be honest .....

whats the deal with mars hyrdo worth the money ?? How many watts or lights would i need to fill the tent sufficiently ?

dont wanna redo everything twice ..... just looking to grow enough to keep a nice supply to smoke some quality stuff

For blurple led or HID lights you want around 50w per square foot.
For cobs and qb LEDs you only need around 35w per square foot.
So 3x3 means 450w for the cheaper lights. About 300w for the high end LEDs.
Much better off going with cobs or qb if you can afford it. If not then mars are the only cheaper brand I'd recommend.
Mars are decent lights like. I've had a few pounders from 500w worth of their oldest lights. I'd love to get my hands on some of their newer stuff.

alright thanks again brothers for the info... going to flip them on monday for sure and look into upgrading lights for the future...... was only into the tent and this light fora couple hundred so hell a couple oz of real organic marijuana would be cool with me..... i just like growing things to be honest .....

whats the deal with mars hyrdo worth the money ?? How many watts or lights would i need to fill the tent sufficiently ?

dont wanna redo everything twice ..... just looking to grow enough to keep a nice supply to smoke some quality stuff

get a hlg qb and you wont regret it

Back
Top Bottom