When to harvest OG Kush for seeds and bud

johnehazeharvester

I flipped lights 3/29.
4/4 I saw the first flowers
4/24 I selectively pollinated one of the lower buds. I put a paper bag over this bud for 36 hours then removed and sprayed with water so as not to pollinate the rest of the plant.
To my eye it almost looks like this plant is finished but that doesn't make sense with less than 6 weeks of flowering. I have heard you can quicken the finish if you pollinate the plant. At a minimum I will go to the weekend, but I am thinking I still need one or two weeks. There are a decent amount of amber trichomes. Just wanted to get other opinions. I don't think my seeds are quite ready yet.

2023_05_10_06_33_44_426.png

2023_05_10_06_33_31_813.png

2023_05_10_06_32_05_637.png

PXL_20230510_014509934.jpg

PXL_20230510_014413951.jpg

PXL_20230510_014409533.jpg

Sometimes when I selectively pollinate the plants will do this, one of my Afghani crosses 2 grows back was all orange pistils two weeks early. My guess is it falls in line with the seed cycle. When I harvest, I keep some stem on the seeded buds and when I cure them, the seeds continue to mature.

Sometimes when I selectively pollinate the plants will do this, one of my Afghani crosses 2 grows back was all orange pistils two weeks early. My guess is it falls in line with the seed cycle. When I harvest, I keep some stem on the seeded buds and when I cure them, the seeds continue to mature.
Thanks. Appreciate the input. I am still thinking I will go two more weeks

Consider 4 more weeks for full flavor and effect. Trichome heads are clear.
Okay appreciate it. Four more weeks sounds about right given when I flipped the lights. It will also give my seeds time to develop. It should be clear what is cloudy and what is clear and what is amber. I think I often look into it and see subtle amber . Maybe as time goes on I will watch these develop and get better at figuring out when to harvest. I probably harvested my last batch too early but it was still 🔥

Okay appreciate it. Four more weeks sounds about right given when I flipped the lights. It will also give my seats time to develop. It should be clear what is cloudy and what is clear and what is amber. I think I often look into it and see subtle amber . Maybe as time goes on I will watch these develop and get better at figuring out when to harvest. I probably harvested my last batch too early but it was still 🔥
You should stop looking at trichomes for ripeness. Learn what a ripe bud looks like and then take a peek at the trichomes if you like. The calyxes haven’t begun to swell yet. The calyxes will plump up (popped popcorn) and appear to engulf the pistils, ALL the pistils should die back, turn amber and shrink down.

I'd let em go another couple weeks, some of them still have white pistils, and the calyxes could swell a bit more. BTW, those are great pictures, what are you using to take them?
Thanks. I was thinking next Friday. Getting some pressure from my girlfriend to chop. I used a cheap microscope I got from amazon. It connects to my phone via wifi. Have to turn off fans and I use a tripod I tape the base of the microscope to. I think the microscope costs about $15

Back
Top Bottom