Ways to make auto grow small - Solo cup grow

My solo cup plants from seed averaged about 20" and I think the tallest was 27". Clones put immediately into flower are much smaller - about 8" with the strain I tried. I actually can't say I noticed any stunting from being in the solo cups. You can top them to keep them shorter, if you lack space (I guess that's pretty obvious).

My solo cut plants from seed averaged about 20" and I think the tallest was 27". Clones put immediately into flower are much smaller - about 8" with the strain I tried. I actually can't say I noticed any stunting from being in the solo cups.

Wow, ok I'm mistaken. That's pretty impressive, I would of thought the plant will only grow as big as the roots will allow it but I guess I'm wrong :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It varied a lot by strain. I had six going for an informal solo cup grow contest which was just for fun. The tallest one was actually the unhappiest one. There was also a weird little sativa cross that only got about 6" high. And I won the plant of the month contest with the nicest one.
OldSchool64 grew some in shot glass sized containers a while back. I think they were about 24" if I remember right. He was foliar feeding them though, not trying to purposely stunt them.

Thanks space wouldn't really be the issue but since it's just for seed production the smaller the better, can just tuck them away while they mature the seeds.

Could they even be grown under a cfl, enough energy to survive and breed but not grow massive obviously? Not worth pumping 600-1000 watts into the girl if I want it small and not after massive buds only mature seed. Never used cfl went straight to LED

I should have mentioned that my experience is with photos, not autos, and the plants I was talking are all photos. Autos are usually smaller, and may be more delicate and easier to stunt by just yelling at them and such.

image10747.jpeg

Critical Cheese grown 12/12 from seed.

IMG_657411.JPG

Two clones of Critical Cheese in 1 gallon pots, (photo was in early flowering) put into flowering as soon as the cuttings showed roots. The one on the right was sprayed with colloidal silver till it hermied. Used to pollinate the other one then destroyed.

I should have mentioned that my experience is with photos, not autos, and the plants I was talking are all photos. Autos are usually smaller, and may be more delicate and easier to stunt by just yelling at them and such.

image10747.jpeg

Critical Cheese grown 12/12 from seed.

IMG_657411.JPG

Two clones of Critical Cheese in 1 gallon pots, (photo was in early flowering) put into flowering as soon as the cuttings showed roots. The one on the right was sprayed with colloidal silver till it hermied. Used to pollinate the other one then destroyed.

That is very helpfull. Intend to do it with photos as well. So very valuable info thank you. Looks like clone then 12/12 is the go for photo.

Will reverse with CS SST and make fem as well.

Back
Top Bottom