When and how to harvest seeds?

TheFertilizer

Well the bud I pollinated is starting to show little glimpses of seeds through cracked calyxes. I pollinated it about 4 weeks ago. I'm wondering how much longer I should wait until I harvest it to get the most amount of seeds. Also, how should I go about getting the seeds, like should I dry the bud out first? Not a lot of information about this subject since most people try not to get seeds in their weed :p

IMG_20161201_164607.jpg
IMG_20161201_164600.jpg

Four weeks is probably enough but if your plant isn't getting too old then leave it as late as possible I suppose. If the calyxes are cracked open like that then they're generally ready in my experience. If in doubt sprout one to see.
I just remove the seeds when trimming. Or you can get them after the bud is dry, they fall out more easily then. It doesn't matter though - either way is fine.

Thanks man! I can't wait to see how many seeds I get out of this. I went with a side bud I didn't think would get too big, it looks like it will be about 2 grams dried. About the size of a lemon.

Can't wait to grow them out and see what kind of weed I get out of it. I'm frankly taking a stab in the dark at the genetics anymore... It's any of these possible crosses...

Blackberry Kush or Platinum Girl Scout Cookies(probably) as mother
x
Blue Harvest, Cherry OG or Black Cherry Soda(probably) as father

Fortunately I'm not trying a breeding project, just making some seeds to grow medicine with. I think either way I've got some good genetics going, going to grow out a male and get much more pollen next time around. I'll never have to order a seed again :volcano-smiley:

My dark devil went about five weeks before the first seed fell out of her when I gave her a shake. I waited a while longer to make sure. :) One small reversed branch and two plants in a breezy 4x4 yielded over 6k seeds. Next time I will let them dry to a bone before I even try to remove seeds.

TIP...if you ever do it like I did, be sure to dry over a smooth surface, seeds fall everywhere.

That's amazing to get so many seeds. My eyes would hurt after counting out 6k! Removing the process of having to order from a seed bank alone would be worth it.
Best of luck on your journey TheFertilizer. .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My dark devil went about five weeks before the first seed fell out of her when I gave her a shake. I waited a while longer to make sure. :) One small reversed branch and two plants in a breezy 4x4 yielded over 6k seeds. Next time I will let them dry to a bone before I even try to remove seeds.

TIP...if you ever do it like I did, be sure to dry over a smooth surface, seeds fall everywhere.

Hey man. Did you journal that???? If so, I would love a link!

Awesome dank pics bro...sorry to bother I'm new to the420 mag blog and I need some help trying to post pics

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom