When to start using inline fan?

afkafkafk

hello i just put my seeds in a 3 gallon pot...how much should i be watering and how often ....and when should i start using my inline fan and oscillating fan..thank you..

3 gallon pots is too big, soil might stay wet to long and mess ur seeds up google how to germinate seeds. goodluck

You won't need to water that much... There is no point in watering soil. ;-) Just dampen the soil around the seed. I like to use a spray bottle to water seedlings. That way I know they aren't getting too much. I would spray a little each day to keep the soil "moist". Your fans should start the moment they break the soil. It will make them strong. ;-) Feel free to pm me if you need some more help.

hey thanks for the help...im 1st time so i know im gonna mess up a lil...but with 420magazine im hopeing not that much.......so how long should it be b4 they beark up outta the soil.

Afka, I agree with Sdef8. I would use a pot around 4" and do as MsFox said and mist the soil around the seedling.

As the seedling grows you can go from "misting" to "watering" and since they are in 4in pots there will be less chance of overwatering. Once the ladies get around 6 inches you will have a nice root system built up and you will be ready to transplant. Some would say to then goto the 3gl pots...BUT, since your plants are from seed they will grow to big for a 3gl pots. My suggestion would be to transplant into 2gl square tall pots... and let the ladies get to around a ft tall or so, then transplant again to 5gl pots. Some would say its too much hassle and stress to transplant so much... but this method will help prevent overwatering and excess salt build-up. These pots sizes will give you the right amount of room for your roots and make it less messy when transplanting. lol

Hope this helps!

:roorrip:

hey thanks for the help.....hey maybe thats wat heppen overwatering...i pplanted my seeds about 3-4 days ago...1 seed has poped outta the soil a day ago..but the others didnt...should i just start to germinate some more seeds and put them in 4 inches pot...then transplant to bigger...or should i just wait a few more days to see wat happens..

hey bro!
:welcome: n congrats on starting ur first grow.. I kno how exciting for how anxiety inducing it can be!! I'm goin thru that right now too

one thing to add about ur fans.. keep them on but don't point them towards your plants, as seedlings the fan will be too strong for them!

I wouldn't recommend germinating in a 3gal either.. do u have some vemiculite/perlite/coco? those are good soil ammendments!

and I wouldn't germinate anymore seeds, I actually just went thru a similar situation.. I set 4 fem seeds to germ.. and after 3 days none of them sprouted, so I set 5 more seeds to germinate.. after about 9 days I had 7 out of 9 seeds sprout and I was like a chicken w/his head cut off trying to find a new grow space lol..

while we all would love seeds that germinate in 24-72 hours which is ideal, truth is some seeds can take up to 10/11 days.. one of my white widows took 8 days to sprout, but seemed really healthy then!

I wish ya good luck w/yer first gro bro!! :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom