When will I be able to smell my flowers?

yes, well @Auggie ,, i have only heard the horror stories of russet mites,, fingers and toes crossed on that one

someone posted this interesting comment on russet mites and how 'fifty russet mites can fit on the back of a spider mite'

gross, indeed

i am currently co existing with a small batch of springtails,, i have nearly cycled through them

but no other pests, at the moment, tho some powdery mildew outfoxes me constantly

predict one will get bugged,, ya,, most likely most will experience pests:( sooner or later,,

I may be wrong.
It's happened.
But, I battled Russet Mites once; and it looked JUST like that.

And, those lil bastids are hard to see ... especially with my old assed eyes, even with a scope

You can get a pocket scope on Amazon for less than $20.
Can get a USP scope for your laptop or phone for under $100.

It's worth keeping an eye out for bugs, even if you never get em.
But ... I am predicting that some day, some way -- you will get bugged.

Easier to prevent - than to cure.

Look under the leaf, pick one lower down and pluck it off ... flip it over in your hand and spend about five minutes really looking. Look along the veins, close to the stalk. Find a little spec and watch it for at least sixty seconds .. did it move?
Yes? Then say "aw shit" and start killin bugs.
Thanks for all your advice. Like I’ve been telling everyone here, this is my first one. My goal is to someday work at a dispensary. Right now I’m just winging it with blogs , books and articles. I’m taking notes from everyone’s advices.

yes, well @Auggie ,, i have only heard the horror stories of russet mites,, fingers and toes crossed on that one

someone posted this interesting comment on russet mites and how 'fifty russet mites can fit on the back of a spider mite'

gross, indeed

i am currently co existing with a small batch of springtails,, i have nearly cycled through them

but no other pests, at the moment, tho some powdery mildew outfoxes me constantly

predict one will get bugged,, ya,, most likely most will experience pests:( sooner or later,,
Totally agree. It’s just a matter of time if I want to keep experimenting and growing.

Yea, well, whatever you heard about Russets ... they worse.

I spray my oil n water magic sauce (Plant Therapy) every Tuesday and Friday. Every week from clone to two weeks before harvest.
It prevents a lot of grief.

And tears in the flower room just adds to the humidity.

Making a note of this.
The only other thing I do routinely, as part of an IPM program is ... one week after light flip and four weeks later I sprinkle Diatomaceous Earth on the surface of the soil or medium of all plants.
Do it right after a water and don't water for three days after.
No chance of root aphids.

Back
Top Bottom