When will I be able to smell my flowers?

Leugim

I’m going now 17 days into flowering. Everything I’ve done I’ve learned through reading. Since this is my first girl, I have no reference. Does anyone know how soon I will be able to smell my plant? I can smell her strong when I touch her. And faintly when I open the door were my project is. This is her at 17 days flowering. I feel like an over bearing parent.
Thanks

DF770041-B549-4848-A645-E887A29986AD.jpeg

E33AE542-2DDB-4B82-836F-6F051475F3DA.jpeg

Welcome and well done so far on your first grow. Give her a few more weeks and I'm sure she will start to stink up the place. Obviously different strains will smell more than others. What is she? They tend to really kick out some smell when they're thirsty too. Also some of those leaves look a bit funky so I'd keep an eye on that.

Hey Leugim,

Welcome to forums at 420. Over duration of the grow you have become nose blind to her scent, keep hands off of flowers, buds and foliage but if you want to know what she smells like do a gentle stem rub and then Hoover on your fingers for a bit.

Trust me she smells very strong - you have grown accustomed to it and can’t pick it up, but a visitor would notice that unique funk in a heartbeat.

This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system - back to your regularly scheduled programming..... BTW’s gorgeous girl you’ve got there!!!!

Welcome and well done so far on your first grow. Give her a few more weeks and I'm sure she will start to stink up the place. Obviously different strains will smell more than others. What is she? They tend to really kick out some smell when they're thirsty too. Also some of those leaves look a bit funky so I'd keep an eye on that.
I don’t know what she is. And YES I do notice she smells more before watering. What you mean about the leaves? I’ve been trying to fix a PH problem for 2 weeks now. Hoping to get a grip on that on my next 2 waterings .
Thanks

Really isn't an answer for that as it will vary on the Strain/genetics, some throw out smell before they flower even to a point.
Yeah my current gorilla glue was stinking in veg. She's a loud one that's for sure.

I don’t know what she is. And YES I do notice she smells more before watering. What you mean about the leaves? I’ve been trying to fix a PH problem for 2 weeks now. Hoping to get a grip on that on my next 2 waterings .
Thanks
Some of the leaves look curled inwards and downwards. Maybe it's just legacy from the pH issues you've been fixing.

Hey Leugim,

Welcome to forums at 420. Over duration of the grow you have become nose blind to her scent, keep hands off of flowers, buds and foliage but if you want to know what she smells like do a gentle stem rub and then Hoover on your fingers for a bit.

Trust me she smells very strong - you have grown accustomed to it and can’t pick it up, but a visitor would notice that unique funk in a heartbeat.

This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system - back to your regularly scheduled programming..... BTW’s gorgeous girl you’ve got there!!!!

Thanks

Cut back on the nitrogen a tad if you can.

Smell will come in time, just like ripening takes time and patients is key.

You want to smell it ...than rub main stalk with fingers and you will smell her lol

Cut back on the nitrogen a tad if you can.

Smell will come in time, just like ripening takes time and patients is key.

You want to smell it ...than rub main stalk with fingers and you will smell her lol
Thanks
I’ve been trying not to overwhelm her with my micro managing.

I inspect my girl daily with magnifying glass. I don’t use anything for pest control. Haven’t had any so far.
Not all bugs can be seen with a magnifying glass.
I suggest you get a microscope with at least 100x capabilities ... and look again.
I could be wrong ... but I think you got bugs.

Not all bugs can be seen with a magnifying glass.
I suggest you get a microscope with at least 100x capabilities ... and look again.
I could be wrong ... but I think you got bugs.

i honestly can see absolutely not a single indicator of bugs. none

i might suggest the plant is a bit hot,, even them cfl's put out heat

i honestly can see absolutely not a single indicator of bugs. none

i might suggest the plant is a bit hot,, even them cfl's put out heat
Thanks for that. I appreciate everyone’s feedback and opinions. I honestly don’t think so either. But with that said if I ever get my hands on a microscope, trust me that I will be inspecting every possible way I can my girl.

I did learned quickly to keep an eye on the CFL lights. I caused a few tip burns a few weeks ago. So glad people are noticing those things. Makes me feel like my hard work is paying off.
Woot woot...

Thanks for that. I appreciate everyone’s feedback and opinions. I honestly don’t think so either. But with that said if I ever get my hands on a microscope, trust me that I will be inspecting every possible way I can my girl.
I may be wrong.
It's happened.
But, I battled Russet Mites once; and it looked JUST like that.

And, those lil bastids are hard to see ... especially with my old assed eyes, even with a scope

You can get a pocket scope on Amazon for less than $20.
Can get a USP scope for your laptop or phone for under $100.

It's worth keeping an eye out for bugs, even if you never get em.
But ... I am predicting that some day, some way -- you will get bugged.

Easier to prevent - than to cure.

Look under the leaf, pick one lower down and pluck it off ... flip it over in your hand and spend about five minutes really looking. Look along the veins, close to the stalk. Find a little spec and watch it for at least sixty seconds .. did it move?
Yes? Then say "aw shit" and start killin bugs.

Back
Top Bottom