Which substances are different between sativas and indicas?

The real difference is in plant physiology and how they grow. The psychoactive effects can be nearly identical and controlled rather easily through proper maturation. It is really up to the breeders in modern strains to get the best ratios that matters most.

Most people will agree Sativas are a more uplifting active high that helps for when you want to clean your house and Indicas put you in the couch and are great for sleep disorders.

But that is likely a side affect of the maturation. As the plant matures the effects go from uplifting to sleepy time.

Indicas mature faster and the longer you let it mature the more sunk into the couch you get.

Sativas take forever and it is easy to cut them down early.

Most people agree a hybrid of the 2 is best for many reasons.

Now that is very broad and sort of inaccurate claim and there are many chemicals involved and the amount of CBD impacts greatly the effects. It specifically really impacts how long the high lasts. CBD comes on later in the maturation. So if you harvest to early it will get you high for 15 min. If you wait longer it will last longer. And different strains have different ratios of CBD and THC. Some have near none of one or the other. The ratio of the 2 really make up the true effect.

So many seed banks will claim this is a medical grade strain because it is high in CBD. That doesn't mean at all that it wont get you high. High CBD and 15% or more THC will get you plenty high. I have done blind tests with freinds with lab tests and labeled stuff and more often than you would believe the lower THC with higher CBD wins.

So when looking into a strain to grow you want to decide based on your grow space what physiology you want to support and how long you are willing to grow (sativas take longer). Then you can hunt down from that family a good ratio of CBD to THC.

But it is all personal preference. Many people like Indica better than Sativas. If that were just "true" across the board we would all grow Indica because they are faster to grow.

but but but...I just finished off some cbd crew yummy it was a very mature sativa with all orange pistols and a lot of amber trics and it gave me buckets of energy with no couch lock?

Then it was some "good" stuff. It is the ratio not the concentration. Some people like couch lock LOL.

What I said if you didn't grasp it is high CBD makes it much better and you can even have much lower THC and people like it much better.

I agree my friend, high cbd makes it much better to enjoy. But what do you think it is that differs to give the opposite effects of energetic or lazy?

There are multiple chemicals and THC and CBD are the only 2 we talk about. I was looking at a lab test site recently and the list of chemicals they can test for is huge. Let me see if I can find it...

Potency Testing - Green Leaf Lab

And from another testing site they have this graphic showing other correlations of various forms of THC and CBD to affects. I don't really like this graphic as I already spotted an error in 15 seconds but the idea is not bad.

THCCBD.JPG

I agree my friend, high cbd makes it much better to enjoy. But what do you think it is that differs to give the opposite effects of energetic or lazy?

That is down to dominate genetics the strain is crossed with & over all effects sativa vs indica.

CBD crew yummy genetics (indica / sativa): 30 / 70

So ya getting more of sativa up lifting effect.

That is down to dominate genetics the strain is crossed with & over all effects sativa vs indica.

CBD crew yummy genetics (indica / sativa): 30 / 70

So ya getting more of sativa up lifting effect.

what is in a sativa that gives the uplifting effect that isnt in an indica?

I think what VI is telling you is.. "Chemistry is Chemistry". The cannabinoids in Sativas are identical to those in Indicas. It's the ratios of the cannabinoids that produce the different psychoactive properties. On top of that, each person will have different absorption rates at different receptors and have differences in affect with identical strains. With my wife, her current demeanor/mood have far greater impact on effect than the herb type itself. I wish I could be my hands on a GC machine. There is far more to this than %THC, CBD, etc... So much to learn!

what is in a sativa that gives the uplifting effect that isnt in an indica?

Heyo lymp, I've wondered same meself. Never seen the question actually answered though!
Reading articles regarding the effects of the terpenes present several years ago had me wondering....

Checkout this article just posted in International Cannabis News today:
Cannabis 2.0: Are Terpenes The Secret To Customizable Highs?

Back
Top Bottom