Which type of Miracle Grow should I choose?

Hi Volcano...your first mistake was suggesting you wanted to use Miracle Grow. LOL! I'm just joking with you because there are a lot of people (some very knowledgeable and some not very) who are against Miracle Grow. Is it the best available?--No. Can you grow a good ounce of quality with it--Absolutely YES.

Here's how I have done it.
I'm not an expert but I've grown several times and the only times I've had problems it's been my own fault.
I've have used Miracle Grow or similar (Shultz) for all my grows...and I've had good results. They grow green, bushy, healthy and productive---as long as you consider one Ounce plus, as successful.

Buy the Miracle Grow, use it and DO NOT feed the plants anything at all during vegetating stage--assuming you veg for 4 weeks.

Here's another tip: Be very stingy with water: Cannabis is more of a dry soil plant than a moist soil plant. Usually, I wait until the plant shows me it's out of water by starting to have droopy leaves. Once you water it bounces right back. As you get experience you'll know when to water.

After 2 weeks or so into bloom add some special cannabis or other blooming fertilizer IF you have it---if not, use Miracle Grow tomato fertilizer when you do your regular watering. Only use like 1/4 of what the directions say to add. Only do that like 1-2 times over 6-8 weeks.

Here are some plants I grew with Miracle Gro
20141122_200419-2.jpg
20141007_202630.jpg

Using bigger pots would be the first step to improving your issues...You're not giving your girlz too much to work with...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Thanks dude for replying, that's what I want to do now I didn't transplant them early because my soil has high PH as I said today added 30% peat moss to my mix (Which are local soil it's similar to MG and Perlite and vermiculite and earth worm casting ) so the PH before was 7.4 after added the peat moss it decrease the PH to 6.4, Is that okay if I just add peat moss and transplant them?

Notice: The local soil that I used with my mix I test the PPM and it show around 250 PPM I bougth another local soil and tested it and it show around 1100+ PPM so is it okay if I continue using this soil because as I said once I started feed them they start to look healthy especially the after I added the CalMag.

Hi Volcano...your first mistake was suggesting you wanted to use Miracle Grow. LOL! I'm just joking with you because there are a lot of people (some very knowledgeable and some not very) who are against Miracle Grow. Is it the best available?--No. Can you grow a good ounce of quality with it--Absolutely YES.

Here's how I have done it.
I'm not an expert but I've grown several times and the only times I've had problems it's been my own fault.
I've have used Miracle Grow or similar (Shultz) for all my grows...and I've had good results. They grow green, bushy, healthy and productive---as long as you consider one Ounce plus, as successful.

Buy the Miracle Grow, use it and DO NOT feed the plants anything at all during vegetating stage--assuming you veg for 4 weeks.

Here's another tip: Be very stingy with water: Cannabis is more of a dry soil plant than a moist soil plant. Usually, I wait until the plant shows me it's out of water by starting to have droopy leaves. Once you water it bounces right back. As you get experience you'll know when to water.

After 2 weeks or so into bloom add some special cannabis or other blooming fertilizer IF you have it---if not, use Miracle Grow tomato fertilizer when you do your regular watering. Only use like 1/4 of what the directions say to add. Only do that like 1-2 times over 6-8 weeks.

Here are some plants I grew with Miracle Gro
20141122_200419-2.jpg
20141007_202630.jpg

Thanks dude for helping, I thinks I will go with MG organic choice because I think it's better than the local soil here.
what you suggest to mix with it perlite etc ??
(they are about 8 weeks from the firs leaf)

Thanks dude for replying, that's what I want to do now I didn't transplant them early because my soil has high PH as I said today added 30% peat moss to my mix (Which are local soil it's similar to MG and Perlite and vermiculite and earth worm casting ) so the PH before was 7.4 after added the peat moss it decrease the PH to 6.4, Is that okay if I just add peat moss and transplant them?

Notice: The local soil that I used with my mix I test the PPM and it show around 250 PPM I bougth another local soil and tested it and it show around 1100+ PPM so is it okay if I continue using this soil because as I said once I started feed them they start to look healthy especially the after I added the CalMag.

Soil doesn't have a ppm... ppm measures the EC of your liquids. Do you mean you are watering these different soils and then testing the run off from the soil?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

...6.4 is a very good number...if you can maintain that, the girlz will love it...3 gallon pots would be the minimum size for me...I prefer 7's...but I'm guessing space may be an issue, given the number of plants you have...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Miracle Gro Mix already has perlite in it.
The first thing I would do is get your plants into some big pots...at 47 days they should already be in like a 2-5 gallon pot. As far as perlite goes...Like I said, I'm not an expert so perhaps someone with good knowledge can help you. I'm in a a problem geographical area like you and so I make things as simple as possible. I don't use soil from the ground to mix because I'm afraid of bugs. I've never added perlite but I have "cut" my miracle grow with ordinary black soil from the garden store. You can mix the Miracle Gro and the black soil like 50-50.

0-;o

...6.4 is a very good number...if you can maintain that, the girlz will love it...3 gallon pots would be the minimum size for me...I prefer 7's...but I'm guessing space may be an issue, given the number of plants you have...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I will transplant them into 2' gallon then 5' is that okay because the space and I don't know yet how many female and male the seed I got regular (I realized that after they reached here I was hurry )

Miracle Gro Mix already has perlite in it.
The first thing I would do is get your plants into some big pots...at 47 days they should already be in like a 2-5 gallon pot. As far as perlite goes...Like I said, I'm not an expert so perhaps someone with good knowledge can help you. I'm in a a problem geographical area like you and so I make things as simple as possible. I don't use soil from the ground to mix because I'm afraid of bugs. I've never added perlite but I have "cut" my miracle grow with ordinary black soil from the garden store. You can mix the Miracle Gro and the black soil like 50-50.

0-;o

Thanks dude for your helping, the local soil I mentioned its not from the ground it's unknown brand (locally) I can get black soil also I think I will use your way as far as it worked with you it will be better than my.

I think you're better off adding your amendments as you are than using out-of-the-bag stuff like Fox Farms anyway. Peat moss is right on for dropping pH but it will also keep it moist for longer, so you need to add more perlite as well. Thankfully perlite is inert and pH neutral so that shouldn't cause it to shift too much, but just by in the increase volume ( thus smaller concentration of peat moss ) you'll need to add a little extra peat moss too. But I would add more perlite, then do a "slurry test" to test your pH and try to aim for somewhere around 6.5-6.8. 6.4 is good, but still a little low for your macro nutrient consumption. Can you find any micorhiza at your stores? They're beneficial bacteria that help feed the roots in a kind of symbiotic relationship, and they really help overcome pH issues.

If you have access to perlite and vermiculite, you might consider passive hydro and hempy buckets. Cannabis doesn't necessarily need soil. You can make a good hydroponic medium with perlite and vermiculite alone, and then grow in it as "drain to waste" as if it were soil. A lot of hydro systems are recirculating so they are a lot more complex, but really you can grow in hydroponic medium pretty much the same as soil, you just need to pay closer attention to pH'ing and giving complete nutrients with bottles. Hydro has a different pH range as well, you'll be keeping it more in the 5.5-5.8 range if you go this route.

You're kind of at a really cool point because you can choose if you wanna go organic or hydroponic before you really get set in your ways. I would do your homework and figure out which method is more cost efficient, which has the materials you need available, etc. To be honest though, it sounds like you already have everything you need to go hydroponic with little learning curve. Going organic with DIY soil is going to take a little more learning, but you seem to be figuring it out pretty quickly, and organic growing is kind of its own reward.

As for Miracle Grow, I see people growing in it all the time, but the time released nutrients aren't to be used with supplemental nutrients, so that causes over-feeding issues. Plant some pot in miracle grow and give it plain water only and I guarantee you'll get trichy buds. They just won't be as good tasting as if you used some organic DIY soil, or grow as fast and plentiful as if you did passive hydro. Miracle Grow is like, more like Mediocre Grow.

I hope that helps, to sum it up...

1. If you're interested in organic, put in the effort to go for it now. Perfect time to do it.
2. If you don't care about organic (I mean, you were using Miracle Grow...) and just want big fat buds fast, check out passive "drain-to-waste" hydro with perlite and vermiculite.
3. Grow a plant in MG just to see for yourself. Take Clancy's advice on how to do that.

Personally I think I'd do a side-by-side. Whip up a good organic soil mix ( there's plenty of guides here or on Google ) and then grow in some hempy buckets and see which style you like more.

I think you're better off adding your amendments as you are than using out-of-the-bag stuff like Fox Farms anyway. Peat moss is right on for dropping pH but it will also keep it moist for longer, so you need to add more perlite as well. Thankfully perlite is inert and pH neutral so that shouldn't cause it to shift too much, but just by in the increase volume ( thus smaller concentration of peat moss ) you'll need to add a little extra peat moss too. But I would add more perlite, then do a "slurry test" to test your pH and try to aim for somewhere around 6.5-6.8. 6.4 is good, but still a little low for your macro nutrient consumption. Can you find any micorhiza at your stores? They're beneficial bacteria that help feed the roots in a kind of symbiotic relationship, and they really help overcome pH issues.

If you have access to perlite and vermiculite, you might consider passive hydro and hempy buckets. Cannabis doesn't necessarily need soil. You can make a good hydroponic medium with perlite and vermiculite alone, and then grow in it as "drain to waste" as if it were soil. A lot of hydro systems are recirculating so they are a lot more complex, but really you can grow in hydroponic medium pretty much the same as soil, you just need to pay closer attention to pH'ing and giving complete nutrients with bottles. Hydro has a different pH range as well, you'll be keeping it more in the 5.5-5.8 range if you go this route.

You're kind of at a really cool point because you can choose if you wanna go organic or hydroponic before you really get set in your ways. I would do your homework and figure out which method is more cost efficient, which has the materials you need available, etc. To be honest though, it sounds like you already have everything you need to go hydroponic with little learning curve. Going organic with DIY soil is going to take a little more learning, but you seem to be figuring it out pretty quickly, and organic growing is kind of its own reward.

As for Miracle Grow, I see people growing in it all the time, but the time released nutrients aren't to be used with supplemental nutrients, so that causes over-feeding issues. Plant some pot in miracle grow and give it plain water only and I guarantee you'll get trichy buds. They just won't be as good tasting as if you used some organic DIY soil, or grow as fast and plentiful as if you did passive hydro. Miracle Grow is like, more like Mediocre Grow.

I hope that helps, to sum it up...

1. If you're interested in organic, put in the effort to go for it now. Perfect time to do it.
2. If you don't care about organic (I mean, you were using Miracle Grow...) and just want big fat buds fast, check out passive "drain-to-waste" hydro with perlite and vermiculite.
3. Grow a plant in MG just to see for yourself. Take Clancy's advice on how to do that.

Personally I think I'd do a side-by-side. Whip up a good organic soil mix ( there's plenty of guides here or on Google ) and then grow in some hempy buckets and see which style you like more.

Thank you so much, I thought too much about doing it in hydroponic medium as you said perlite and vermuclite or cocoir with perlite but that will need to water everyday which I can't because my job I am not available everyday at the house most of the time I am out for 2-3 days so the soil will work better with me, Next time I will go with Cocoir and perlite .Today I get the miracle grow organic choice and mix it with 50%-50% black soil and 30% perlite from the total I tested the PH from the first runoff it 6.4-6.6 .

Back
Top Bottom