White Fuzzy Patches

MidWestSmokin

There are white fuzzy patches showing up on the leaves of my plants. At first I thought maybe it was dust but it spread all over. They form as round patches and turn the leaves yellow where the patch is. Any ideas????????????????????????

I have fresh air coming in, fan inside moving air, exhaust fan, and a can filter with fan scrubbing the air. This is in the flowering area. 2nd batch in here and the 1st did the same. It took the first batch 6 weeks before It showed up. This time around it took about 2 weeks. I will try to get a pic posted I have to wait for the lights to come on to snap a pic.

According to my thermometer my humidity level is at 41%. I am still working on getting a pic up but the spots don't hold true in the pics I have taking, maybe because they are just starting to form. Question though. I have one plant that has the spots and another plant I put in the flowering area a week later that has none yet.......do I keep the plant with the spots in there and take the chance of it spreading? I plan to put another in the area today and in a week another......and so on. I just do not want this to stay in the room.

Looks like it is called powdery mildew. Still haven't determined the source, but plan to treat right away. Am I wrong for treating instead of pulling the infected plant out?

if you think its powdery mildew you might wanna check out this Purple Haze Grow! that shows pictures of what powder mildew looks like. there is also information on how to combat it, consensus is neem oil or a baking soda solution.

i would say quarantine if you have the space, if not i would treat all the plants and sanitize any surfaces in the grow room you can. i would also sanitize your grow tools and whatever you use to water the plants.

good luck and let us know how it works out!

Thanks NoLogo looks like what I have. I picked up a product called GreenCure Fungicide. It is what was recomended if I were using it on fruiting plants. It was also recomended to use an ozone generator on a timer to clean the air.....any thoughts?

sounds like you got the right stuff, good call on getting the one for fruiting plants :yummy:

as for the ozone generator, i know these are used to combat the smell from grow rooms, but as for their ability to "clean" fungus spores out of the air, i don't really know. they also run more than $100.

i would say just try your spray and giving everything a good clean, if it comes back then it may be a problem with the air and not just a contaminated environment. the book i referenced in the purple haze grow also states any leafs that are more than 50% infected should just be removed.

dr. 215 posted that the neem oil he used in the purple haze thread has worked well, so you can always fall back on that if things don't get any better.

good luck! :ganjamon:

^it has worked well, plants are green and happy, no signs of mold

... 2nd batch in here and the 1st did the same...

Inspect and clean your growroom throughly with a dilluted bleach solution. Once present, mold spores will continue to thrive in damp corners and behind wall coverings. These spores can then be blown onto plants by fans or other air moving devices.

Keeping humidity levels low is the best way to combat mold. A dehumidifier may be necessary, although 41% is already fairly low. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom