White mildew?

Is this something i have to fear? Noticed that the bottom fan leaf was turning yellowish. Its the only one yet and is this because of the flowering stage using its energy to form the top buds?
IMG_20210615_220503.jpg

Hey Dankjuu,

Welcome to 420! The seedling is new, the leaf structure is covered with fuzz but I don’t believe you have powdery mold. Suggest getting a $15 hygrometer to help monitor temps and rh in your grow space. For indoors gardens it’s not enough to monitor the temp & rh - you need to be able to control the environment.

Running without an extraction fan is perfectly fine but your garden will flourish better if you keep temp & rh within the green zone on a VPD chart. Here’s a link - see post #5 VPD chart
Any info on this problem? Its spreading to the lower leaves that dont recive alot of light. They turn lime green and then yellow and die off. Its only a couple in the bottom that is affected

Fan leaves have multiple purposes, one function is to store up collected nutrients. As the plant grows and changes it can then steal those nutrients already stored in the fan leaves to supply the plant with resources it needs. It’s faster and easier to use resources already stored as opposed to making new ones down in the root zone. I suspect this is what’s happening.

If the plant has plenty of nutrients available (whether from the soil or from the nutes you feed it) then the fan leaves are much less likely to fade and turn yellow. So that brings the question - Are you feeding nutes or simply relying on soil to carry you thru?

Most off the shelf fertilizers are general purpose and don’t work well with this crop. Weed plants need high N but lower PK during veg cycle but in flower they need little to no N but higher PK, however they need calcium & magnesium all the way thru. I’m thinking you are overseas and the brands we have in US & Canada are expensive and may not be allowed due to customs- so it might be good for yiu to plug into Nutty Professors jiurnal and learn how to make your own nutes with simple things like fish and plants from the landscape around you. It’s called Jadam and is really neat stuff

be right back with a link, here ya go Nutty Professors Journal it takes a minute to get started because you gather the materials and put them in a large container filled with water plus they need to rot and break down for a few weeks but it’s easy yet very cheap to do. Im going to ask @NuttyProfessor to swing by and say hello. He is a way cool fellow, plus a top notch grower who doesn’t shy away from a challenge, he is blazing a wide trail here!!! Just look at that goop he is brewing he’s got enough nutes to green up acres of weed plants

Fan leaves have multiple purposes, one function is to store up collected nutrients. As the plant grows and changes it can then steal those nutrients already stored in the fan leaves to supply the plant with resources it needs. It’s faster and easier to use resources already stored as opposed to making new ones down in the root zone. I suspect this is what’s happening.

If the plant has plenty of nutrients available (whether from the soil or from the nutes you feed it) then the fan leaves are much less likely to fade and turn yellow. So that brings the question - Are you feeding nutes or simply relying on soil to carry you thru?

Most off the shelf fertilizers are general purpose and don’t work well with this crop. Weed plants need high N but lower PK during veg cycle but in flower they need little to no N but higher PK, however they need calcium & magnesium all the way thru. I’m thinking you are overseas and the brands we have in US & Canada are expensive and may not be allowed due to customs- so it might be good for yiu to plug into Nutty Professors jiurnal and learn how to make your own nutes with simple things like fish and plants from the landscape around you. It’s called Jadam and is really neat stuff

be right back with a link, here ya go Nutty Professors Journal it takes a minute to get started because you gather the materials and put them in a large container filled with water plus they need to rot and break down for a few weeks but it’s easy yet very cheap to do. Im going to ask @NuttyProfessor to swing by and say hello. He is a way cool fellow, plus a top notch grower who doesn’t shy away from a challenge, he is blazing a wide trail here!!! Just look at that goop he is brewing he’s got enough nutes to green up acres of weed plants
I use GuerrilaJuice organic from bio tabs.NL. Give it 10 ml pr 1 lt every once a week.

Ok cool deal, we get some very remote folks who don’t have access to proper weed nutes. Might need to bump her feed slightly, not familiar with those products but as long as you give veg nutes to a vegging plant & flower nutes to a flowering plant should be good. Also check to see if those nutes have calcium & magnesium. Most nutes do not have the added cal-mag, check labels, if it’s not included then suggest you get an add on cal-mag solution

I'll be in veg for at least 2 months give or take. I have to go get some cattle panels here in the next few days, I'll grab some while I'm getting those. One bag thing about living in the sticks, Gota plan trips into town. LOL

Ok cool deal, we get some very remote folks who don’t have access to proper weed nutes. Might need to bump her feed slightly, not familiar with those products but as long as you give veg nutes to a vegging plant & flower nutes to a flowering plant should be good. Also check to see if those nutes have calcium & magnesium. Most nutes do not have the added cal-mag, check labels, if it’s not included then suggest you get an add on cal-mag solution
IMG_20210620_163112.jpg

Its states that its usable during flowering but contains 5% N and no Cal and Mag. Been feeding it with this all the way through, is that of any problem? Medicinal weed is on the way to become legal through a doctors advise but can cost up to almost 7000$. Luckily we have Christiania and some freedom fighters who Are speaking against restrictions on recreational use. So its possible to get the most of the needed stuff. Any good Cal, Mag sources?

Once leaves show symptoms of fade or burn those leaves will never recover, look to new growth for signs of recovery, also even tho it’s unsightly to us - the plant does not care. Just leave the damaged leaves in place until they fall off, she can still pull nutes from them, if you snip the faded leaves then she will yellow out the next pair up above the damaged ones.

Once leaves show symptoms of fade or burn those leaves will never recover, look to new growth for signs of recovery, also even tho it’s unsightly to us - the plant does not care. Just leave the damaged leaves in place until they fall off, she can still pull nutes from them, if you snip the faded leaves then she will yellow out the next pair up above the damaged ones.
211379871_548613796513624_2301513186078424603_n.jpg
213383895_228433422438102_8240148947274056496_n.jpg

I have left the yellow leaves on but its still spreading. Is it supposed to look like this in its ending days before harvest?

Back
Top Bottom