White Widow 1st Grow

I'm pretty sure I'm overwatering and the soggy soil inhibits the uptake of P. I ran the fan on them for 4 or so hours yesterday, and didnt water today and they all look much better. There is less droop to the leaves and everything looks better. So all I have to do is lay of the water for a bit and see where things go.

My white widows have always had purple stems, they have been purple from the start, even the first little seedling. im sure i do stress my girls a fair bit BUT they are still producing nice healthy frosty sweet smelling buds 100% fem no hermis. also none of the other plants i have grown have had the purple like my widows have. no matter what the ph is or what i feed them they stay purple. i think its just in some of the white widow genes. Also i had read somewhere that white widow like alot of phosphorus. ive even had white widow nugs from a cali despens and they had purple all over them. so far it hasnt caused me any problems and im sure yours will be fine! as long as youre feeding them some half decent nutes and keeping an eye on the PH you should be fine and judging by the looks of the plants you already have that covered. purple stems arent always a sign of stress so dont worry.
just back off on the watering, you can let the soil get dry before you water, even if it takes 2 weeks. the plants will cope with not enough water (to some degree of course) than they will with too much water. watch for the leaves drooping for overwatering, its a good indication

otherwise they are looking great, very green and gonna be some bushes!

+reps

Looking good. As far as the purple goes, I have found that the purpling for me comes along with the Nitrogen deficiency at the beginning. Just raising the level of my nutes overall solved both the yellowing and purpling. You might try raising the levels a little tiny bit till you see a little burn - then ease back.

Well thnaks for the information! Since I've backed off the water the plants seem to be doing better, a lot less droop. Very day it seems they are bushier, so things are levelling out I think. Of course there's always got to be something, and it looks like 2 of the 3 older plants are males. I'm going to give it a couple more days but I'm pretty sure I see the male pre-flowers and the female ones. I'm thinking about taking some cuttings from the female and cloning them right quick so I can still have 6 plants to flower. I dont think pushing veg for one or two weeks will hurt any (except for the fact I have to wait that long!!). I think I have enough room for 6 plants and I don't think cloning and flowering would be too hard. If anyone has done any cloning, is it correct that pretty much as soon as I get the clones to root I can start them flowering with the 12/12 light??

Once again thanks for the input!!!

Well thnaks for the information! Since I've backed off the water the plants seem to be doing better, a lot less droop. Very day it seems they are bushier, so things are levelling out I think. Of course there's always got to be something, and it looks like 2 of the 3 older plants are males. I'm going to give it a couple more days but I'm pretty sure I see the male pre-flowers and the female ones. I'm thinking about taking some cuttings from the female and cloning them right quick so I can still have 6 plants to flower. I dont think pushing veg for one or two weeks will hurt any (except for the fact I have to wait that long!!). I think I have enough room for 6 plants and I don't think cloning and flowering would be too hard. If anyone has done any cloning, is it correct that pretty much as soon as I get the clones to root I can start them flowering with the 12/12 light??

Once again thanks for the input!!!

i like waiting atleast 1wk or so after i transplant my rooted clone into soil, just to help reduce the amount of stress given to the plant as starting its flower cycle. also just to let the roots figure out where they want to be rather than sitting under some lose dirt wherever i stuck them. its always good to let your roots get a head start. plus it will only mean more and bigger buds! :grinjoint:

Thanks for the encouragement, yall. So here's the update.......the purple stems dont seem to be a sign of stress anymore, as you guys have said it looks like a trait of the White Widow. I've been backing off the water and the plants have been doing really well. While vertical growth has been slow and steady, they plants appear bushier every day. So far I've identified two females, two others are showing signs of male pre-flowers but I'm not sure yet, I'll let them go for a bit longer to see them progress. I did buy some rooting compound today and I'll take cuttings this weekend. I'm thinking that I have enough light for more plants so I might be taking a lot of cuttings and see how much bud I can grow in my closet!

So here are the pics:

Wheres Homer?????
rsz_0010.jpg

This is the same plant from last week
rsz_00111.jpg

Once again thanks for your feedback it's been a ton of help, I wish I could share the wealth, I can't believe it's gonna take 3 more months!!!!

So far three plants are female, today I had to pull out a male, and it looks like another one is male, leaving me one more plant to sex. I'm hoping its a girl so I can go into flowering with four females. I'll have to transplant into 3 gal pots soon and I'll veg for a week after that, then go into 12/12 light. So far so good, I'm really curious to the kind of yield to expect. These are pretty hardy plants, thick main stem, lots of leaves so I'm hoping to get a big growth spurt and big ole buds!

Out of my six plants three ended up being female. Since this is my first grow I just want to see it from start to finish and see how it goes before I clone and get into more advanced and time consuming processes. I transplanted the 3 remaining females into 3 gal pots. I had very strong root systems out of the 8 inch pots so the plants seem pretty healthy. I'm going to give the gals until about Wed or Thurs until I induce flowering, letting them have some time to recover from the transplant. I read that to fully get the plants in flowering mode to give them a 36 hour dark period, then switch to 12/12. The plants appear to be really healthy, with soild roots and lots of foliage so I'm happy to see how they'll transform during flowering. I'm going to go straight water for the next couple days and switch to the Big Bloom fert I have that should get me big buds (fingers crossed)

Here be the pics:

And then there were three
transplant23.jpg

Another view
transplant12.jpg

Like every good sitcom, I killed the males, I don't have the space or patience to grow the males seperately. The gals are looking good coming out of the transplant, and I think they're good get the darkness on Thursday. My roommate and I have been talking about how good this weed has to potential to be. I'm a bit excited to see if I can reach the max potential of this white widow. If all goes well I'm buying some fucking blueberry next and growing the shit out of it!!!!!!!

I'm going to go straight water for the next couple days and switch to the Big Bloom fert I have that should get me big buds (fingers crossed)

Hi Turd Ferguson,
Big Bloom is a fav of mine. Ok, I have never used it by itself in flower except during the last three or four weeks of flower. That said it may work just dandy. In the early stages of flower I use Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom combined. Throw in some molassas and a pinch of Calmag, and you have got my bloom style covered. Last week is water and Clearex. I hope this is not stepping on your toes, that is not the posts intent. :peace:

Thanks for the advice, I'm starting with the Big Bloom tomorrow (on the heavy side 4 tsp/gal), I want to build up the P levels a bit before flowering. I think I'm going to go on the high end of fert for a while until something goes wrong then I'll back off :) The gals look really good today I think I'll start 12/12 light in a couple of days. I'm really curious about FIM pruning one of my plants just to see if theres a marked difference. My plants are about a foot tall, and Im wondering if I should prune now or can a prune after switching the light cycle?? I'm pretty excited about this grow, last year I inherited some plants and this crop is looking a lot better than the plants I got last year. I'd say my plants are half as tall, and a lot more bushy. the yield last year was minimal, and not potent. Unless I totally fuck this up, I'm figuring on a healthy amount of primo bud (oh please oh please). I'll say this to everyone reading, I appreciate all your imput and thanks for sharing this grow with me!

Like every good sitcom, I killed the males, I don't have the space or patience to grow the males seperately. The gals are looking good coming out of the transplant, and I think they're good get the darkness on Thursday. My roommate and I have been talking about how good this weed has to potential to be. I'm a bit excited to see if I can reach the max potential of this white widow. If all goes well I'm buying some fucking blueberry next and growing the shit out of it!!!!!!!

A moment of silence for our fallen comrades...

Update time....it's been a little over a week since I transplanted to the bigger pots and the gals are taking to it well. I had about 2 inches of growth a couple days after the transplant. I ended up FIM pruning the biggest of my plants, one reason just to check out the technique and secondly I was worried about it out growing my closet. I've been on a 12/12 light cycle for 5 days and things seem to be doing well.

Picture time
1-25-10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom