White Widow & Northern Light Auto in Majne

Finally legalized in our state last week, so we are exercising our rights and growing in our passive solar greenhouse. Got the WW(F) and NLA from CropKing and plan to use natural light. We only start getting 10+ hour daylight beginning in April/May, so wondering if I should wait until March/April to germinate to maximize vegetative and flowering time. Thoughts appreciated. :thanks:

Hello Blew Hiller,

Congrats on getting legal. We 420ers here in Canada are waiting for our Federal Government to legalize cannabis by summer. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

I was wondering what the temperatures will be in the greenhouse in April/May. I know up here nothing goes outside until late May/June, but the greenhouse might make all the difference in temperature.

You can start the feminized seeds indoor under 24 hour fluorescents and keep them in the vegetative state until you are ready. My autos are indoors under LED lights, 18 hours on, 6 hours off.

Late March the GH won't get below 50F @ night and days can spike upwards of 100F unless actively vented. My concern was actually the heat rather than the cold. When lowest outdoor temps get consistently over freezing (March/April) then I can start venting the GH during the day and keeping the interior temp @ 85F max with lows of 60F +/-. My plan was to start 2-3 seedlings now and then start the other 7-8 a month from now just to see the progress and performance. Thoughts appreciated.

Re: White Widow & Northern Light Auto in Maine

My question then becomes an issue of timing and if I am starting too early...don't I have to harvest approximately 9-10 weeks from germination? Wondering if there is more value in exposing plants to the longer summer days (June/July/August) or is that not such a factor? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom