Why Bruce Banner Is One Of The Most Popular Strains In The World

istock-1168500489-1599452753-1440w.jpeg

Some people know Bruce Banner as the alter ego of the powerful comic strip character the Hulk, but it’s also one of the most widely praised strains of weed in the world, and for a good reason, as pretty much everything about it stands out among the rest. Whether you have yet to try the Bruce Banner strain, or you’ve had it and just want to know a bit more about this fantastic type of cannabis, this is the place for you, as here, were going to cover everything from its fascinating history to the reasons why so many love it today.

What strain is Bruce Banner?
Many assume, once they’ve tried it that Bruce Banner is an Indica, as it’s quite widely known for its potent punch, but it’s actually a well-blended hybrid that is more Sativa leaning at 60%.

Origin
The creator of the Bruce Banner strain Jasib Holck from Dark Horse Genetics created it by combining the genetics of OG Kush and a sweet Strawberry Diesel. There are currently 5 different types of Bruce Banner, but the most commonly found on the market today is Bruce Banner #3, and it’s the one that won first place at the Cannabis Cup in Denver, Colorado.

Taste and aroma
Thanks to the strong Strawberry Diesel genetics Bruce Banner has a pungent and delightfully sweet smell, but its taste is less so, with a milder earthy undertone and a hint of diesel that’s impossible to miss. Though it’s gassy, consumers enjoy the way that the sweet fruity smell seems to take the edge off of the intensity of the diesel characteristics.

The effects
The powerful effects that come from the Bruce Banner strain are due to its high THC content, which typically rests around 30%, which is relatively high, and the reported sensations usually include a heavy onset followed by a lighter full-body buzz that will leave you tingling from head to toe. As the effects wear off, and the euphoria begins to fade, a burst of creativity is often the result that is perfect for inspiration, or relaxation.

Many assume that medicinal strains of weed contain a lower dose of THC, as CBD is commonly touted as the cure-all, but for patients that are experiencing severe nausea or pain, Bruce Banner can be a lifesaver, which is why it’s so highly regarded within the medical community. However, its popularity in the medicinal world only goes so far, and these days it’s far more commonly utilized by recreational consumers.

Growing
Growers who choose Bruce Banner will be in for a special treat, as it has some unique traits that are rare among all strains of weed. The plants typically begin to flower between 8 and 10 weeks, and as it matures and produces leaves, you’ll notice a bright blue hue that almost shimmers in the sunlight due to the high concentration of trichomes that coat the thick, dense, buds.

Published Sep 11, 2020
You wouldn't like em when he's angry,lol,heard allot about this strain since it came out,heard it pretty easy to grow and has nice yields

Just got 6 fem s3 Bruce Banner from Darkhorse Genetics myself last week. Seedbazaar premium member sale BOGO for Mind Reaper Rasberry Boogie BX1 with James Loud colaboration.

I've got both those strains in the mail on the way too...... good times ahead. Cheers for that info @TheNuttyProfessor .....
Just curious because I was planning on making seeds to save money soon; why are you now buying seeds if you know how to make them? Is it to save time and trouble or are the store bought seeds better in some way? I know this is 3 yrs old but maybe you're still around, huh?

Flipping 3 Bruce Banner tomorrow. They’re freebies from Seed City, a UK Seed Bank, no longer a sponsor.

Not planning on journalling them, that grow I’m not really covering, but happy to throw some picts in along the way anyone is interested?

IMG_9709.jpeg

Pretty sure that’s two of them - one has this weird mould thing looks like started from a deformity. The last one we grew which was a Hulkberry from RQS exact same thing. That one ended up like a half plant and its a strain known for symmetry!

Oh they go the flower room not there 🤣

IMG_9717.jpeg

Nick

Nick? I have Darkhorse genetics Bruce Banner S3, so explain to me how it was the 1st. plant you grew? I cannot follow the timeline as you state? Explain the difference in # 3 & S3 please sir, respect SS

Nick? I have Darkhorse genetics Bruce Banner S3, so explain to me how it was the 1st. plant you grew? I cannot follow the timeline as you state? Explain the difference in # 3 & S3 please sir, respect SS
Ooph my first two were clones most likely Dutch Passion #3

#3 is the best fork of the strain. Think some people like #5 but hard to get.

#3 now basically is what you get.

Like Gorilla Glue - that’s always #4 of the phenos - sub strains.

Nice timing - just up potted. Culled one Bruce Banner of the 3 - root problems but someone wants clones and they’ll be fine for him.

IMG_9733.jpeg

I think the root ball is actually the one on the left. We up potted 29 today, 17 to these 5 gallons and 12 to 3 gallons.

Banners were the first two. Was thibking of this thread!

IMG_9724.jpeg

They were in 3L - 0.75 gallon pots.

This thread is funny for me! Its the only one somehow I never switched off email alerts. Its the first strain I ever grew. A year ago today maybe they’d just been flipped. They would have been about where they are now but like a totally different environment. Think same light but briefly in a tent in the same space. The two of them Angus and Merry yielded over a pound. Best weed ever. Sold it as Limitless - like the movie.

A year later? Two more Bruce Banner and 12kg harvested since. Mental. Crazy year.

I hope all of you see out 2023 safely and 2024 is awesome. Its 420 2 backwards, after all!

Nick & Co

This thread is funny for me! Its the only one somehow I never switched off email alerts. Its the first strain I ever grew. A year ago today maybe they’d just been flipped. They would have been about where they are now but like a totally different environment. Think same light but briefly in a tent in the same space. The two of them Angus and Merry yielded over a pound. Best weed ever. Sold it as Limitless - like the movie.

A year later? Two more Bruce Banner and 12kg harvested since. Mental. Crazy year.

I hope all of you see out 2023 safely and 2024 is awesome. Its 420 2 backwards, after all!

Nick & Co
Hope you also started your year in the best way!

Hope you also started your year in the best way!
IMG_0371.jpeg

One of two Bruce Banners growing. The thickest stems I’ve ever seen. She got some nanners last week, its 2-3 weeks since flip, we had a one hour power cut, the timer didn’t switch off for two seeks and a 15 minute power cut (planned so had a backup light) the other 5 strains in there no problem. This one namners.

They looked non viable, blowing on them on the lightest touch they fell off. Normally I’d cull but BB will throw nanners at the slightest provocation. Checked all week and nothing has come back.

Nick

I have 5 Bruce Banner S3 line I am enjoying watching and listening to your trails with BB. I had a cut the guy's at THCFramer redesigned and it was a yielder and a good smell but not the "Real Deal" Bruce according to Haulk,Jason. SS

I have 5 Bruce Banner S3 line I am enjoying watching and listening to your trails with BB. I had a cut the guy's at THCFramer redesigned and it was a yielder and a good smell but not the "Real Deal" Bruce according to Haulk,Jason. SS
These are just seed bank own brand ones I got around March last year from a delayed January order. They’ve got the lopsided look our first had, they were clones but likely from Dutch Passion or another Dutch place. Grew some Hulkberry last year same shape. They’re all fine to pop but we’ve had a few succumb to mid life like branch rot, the node on one side just dies. That happened to a Hulkberry and one of these. Separate grows and the other plants untouched. Its like its really unstable so I guess people like the THCFarmer you mention are trying to breed that out? Best working high I’ve ever had. Like Limitless so I’ll risk a couple of plants being screwy.

5fbd1ac9-05b5-4807-a07c-d4086ca93b11.jpeg

The little black bag on the right has 8 more in - delivered to my mate in Europe this morning to send on to me. 12 free Liberty Haze too which sounds Banner like. 60/40 Sat limonene. G13 x Chemdawg

its pretty simple ,
I like to plant my seeds , looks after my plants , then make my own meds , its priceless !
I can teach you , there is NO rocket science ;)
its pretty simple ,
I like to plant my seeds , looks after my plants , then make my own meds , its priceless !
I can teach you , there is NO rocket science ;)
Hello I just come across this post can I ask you what your spraying your plants with to make female seeds? Is it colloidal silver?

Back
Top Bottom