The Best Sativa Strain

the true jamaican reg version of lamb's breath / bread is often cited as one of the most sought after sativas. you really have to get it from a legacy grower on the island though. the marley family has copywritten the name and whored it out to a pile of crap breeders that are releasing absolute garbage under the same name.

i am familiar with the original genetics circa late 80's / early 90's. not seen any since after '92.

Yep. Its the same genetics as what he uses to breed. I believe it comes from Hazeman/NDNGuy/Nevils genetics. Ive not tried any of his 88HP, I'm sure its really good stuff, but am really interested in the straight 88HP vs diluted. I'm really glad Hazeman made this stuff available. I thought Id never see the pure stuff again. Same for the Nevils 91NL5/HZ.

The people at Swami just gave me 19 freebies of the Nevils 91 x NL5 x Haze. They come in packs of 10, I bought 2 packs, and they sent 39. Really nice, and dark seeds. As good as a seed can be visually.

They also sent me 19 Freebie Blue Orca x 91 NL5/Hz. Its a 71 Kandahar x 76 Thai x NL5 x Hz Male. Allegedly potentially more psychedelic than the original 91, not as nerve racking, but more introspective, and allegedly, a really big producer. I say allegedly because until it, or any seed is tested personally, or by a close friend, its suspect. But I have high hopes, and wouldn't waste my time if I didn't think they were legit.

But thanks for the heads up.

I really wiish now that I could find the Original Road Kill Skunk. I could be about done with all of it. I do aso have the Mr Nice SHIT, and Flying Dutchman The Pure, but haven't grown them out. Ive heard theres a better chance of a skunky 1 in the SHIT, but would really want the earlier stuff that's really, really stinky.

I also had some if the original AK47, and it also stunk to high heavens. I wish I could get the original of that back too. The original NL5 x AK47 we made was also devastating, but they got lost/confiscated.

I'm really interested in crossing the 88G13/HP with the 91NL5/Hz. Both are also Stabilized so will be F1s.
was wondering about "Swami" very interesting strains -if one is going to run sativa's The Real Seed Company and Swamie are two very good sources also Authenic Old school stains ( have heard a few negative things about ?) Not to forget SnowHigh and Bohida (misspelled) seeds

I would propose that Desfran from Dutch Passion is one of the best Sativas. It's a mix of different Sativas from South America. It's 100% Sativa. It has a flowering period of 15 weeks minimum. Only for more experienced growers.

Laughing Buddah from Barney's Farm also comes to mind, but I don't think they are producing it any longer.

I'm going to be growing (Purple Haze x Malawi) from ACE seeds. My first real sativa grow. They say to switch to 11/13 bloom only two weeks after sprout. I'm nervous. This is how it grows:

purple_haze_malawi2_1.jpg

I'm going to be growing (Purple Haze x Malawi) from ACE seeds. My first real sativa grow. They say to switch to 11/13 bloom only two weeks after sprout. I'm nervous. This is how it grows:

Lol it looks like it’s got it’s arms wide ready to hug you

I always seem to screw up on growing my Sativa plants from my Killer A5 Haze & Malawi from Ace Seeds (personal stuff got in the way) I love Cinderella 99 (Canuk Seeds right now) and Blue Cindy (G13 Labs and potential outdoor try this summer) Anyways I did have great success and currently in love with my Golden Tiger - Ace Seeds
16FCC548-2EF5-4AF0-BFB2-DE82180C0077.jpeg
67C64DDD-E1AC-425C-86A3-1125E4BF9880.jpeg

plans for my next tent grow will be all Ace again, while I also get a head start for my outdoor summer grow. Gonna redeem myself and retry all 3 strains mentioned again, along with their Golden Tiger x Panama

I would propose that Desfran from Dutch Passion is one of the best Sativas. It's a mix of different Sativas from South America. It's 100% Sativa. It has a flowering period of 15 weeks minimum. Only for more experienced growers.

Laughing Buddah from Barney's Farm also comes to mind, but I don't think they are producing it any longer.

...You just had to copy the 20 years of Dutch Passion to develop it, heh, heh...
Everybody knows that Desfran is nothing more than the feminization of a clone of the most commercial and early phenotype of Destroyer (Cannabiogen), which by the way, in its genetic composition is only 1/4 South American, and it is not precisely a "South American phenotype" of Destroyer that is copied / reproduced in Desfran.

My first real sativa grow. They say to switch to 11/13 bloom only two weeks after sprout. I'm nervous. This is how it grows:

do they give a flower time estimate ?
they might be trying to shorten the grow time with the early flip. i've had 120 day flower period sativas. i ran mine with a 4 wk veg time and a diminishing schedule in flower - 12/12, 11/13, 10/14. it's a similar idea, making for a little bigger plant and over all production.

Excuse me, but whose picture is that or who is the grower?

Here are some photos that Dubi (Asociación de Cultivadores Españoles) shared with me of the Purple Haze #23 x A5 Haze, that another grower is testing in a pot. The photos are from end of November, about to be harvested.
According to Dubi himself: "very Purple Haze #23 or classic Oldtimer's Haze purple pheno, with that unmistakable incense and liver of the A5 Haze, very resistant to pests, fungus, cold, wind, whatever they throw at it".

image_2090296-jpg.jpg

image_2090295-jpg.jpg

image_2090294-jpg.jpg

img_20211207_225812-jpg.jpg

do they give a flower time estimate ?
they might be trying to shorten the grow time with the early flip. i've had 120 day flower period sativas. i ran mine with a 4 wk veg time and a diminishing schedule in flower - 12/12, 11/13, 10/14. it's a similar idea, making for a little bigger plant and over all production.

They say it takes 14-15 weeks of bloom after a two week veg. I think it might grow too tall indoors to veg for longer.

Excuse me, but whose picture is that or who is the grower?

The picture is directly from ACE seeds. They claim to use the purple pheno of Old Timers Haze and crossed it with Malawi. Should be fire. They only made 100 packs and haven't sold out yet.

They say it takes 14-15 weeks of bloom after a two week veg. I think it might grow too tall indoors to veg for longer.

you'd know at the two wk period if it was gonna bust the tent.

a lot depends on how you grow them as well. i recently ran tangies, but i grew them hempy style in 2L buckets. they finished at a touch over 3ft tall, top 2/3s being cola, with a lollipopped bottom third. they were a 16wk flower by chop.

When I harvested my Golden Tiger. I had done 8 weeks of veg training and just over 18 weeks of flowering before getting the chop.

...You just had to copy the 20 years of Dutch Passion to develop it, heh, heh...
Everybody knows that Desfran is nothing more than the feminization of a clone of the most commercial and early phenotype of Destroyer (Cannabiogen), which by the way, in its genetic composition is only 1/4 South American, and it is not precisely a "South American phenotype" of Destroyer that is copied / reproduced in Desfran.
Well not pure sativas but those purple variants from Dutch Passion have some very interesting flavours, Frisian Dew/Duck, Shaman.. notes I haven't tasted anywhere else before.. although not for the daily, but nice to have as a palate cleanser. As it tastes like all kinds of other botanicals. And certainly vaped very enjoyable.

What got me peaked in this thread is some of the early posts mentioning trippy weeds.. as that used to be fairly standard with the experience, it was even part of the ritual, smoking too much and then wait just let me close my eyes for a second, woaaah what's going on here.. Friends would also describe visuals or trips they had when stoned out of their minds. And that's seems to have gone away.. some of the effect is still there but it's nearly not as pronounced, kinda like watered down beer, last time I can remember I still had the recording studio so that's already some time ago. But that might also be related as I guess that also came with a lot of exposure to some fine curated materials from all around the globe.
But there's only more THC in plants than there used to be.. well then it's not the key that unlocks the doors of perception, or well maybe it just opens up the gate and the front door.. but it's other compounds & terpenes or the ratios of them that guide to or unlock different doors.

So what I do I need to do to get to that? buy some regular seeds from a old skoolish landrace? sex them and grow them out? well not in this climate.. and inside I'd need a way bigger tent, and well after the solar panel install as well all that flowering time to grow some lanky plants with branchy leafy buds.. but if it has the effect, and can be turned into supreme hash. it's probably worth the effort.

The winningist strain of decades long success in the “Cups” is a Sativa, I believe, Kali - off one the Dutch breeders (there were two) that got given some seeds from a Tennesse farm that its a bit maybe something Thai crossed with something South American.

But it was all a bit early nineties crazy learn to breed and cross.

But yeah Kali Mist. Hard pushed to find a more banging sativa by rep than that.

I would say that my favorite cannabis sativa strains lately are Amnesia Haze. They are a blend of several carefully selected varieties from around the world. They have a unique and unforgettable taste and high. Its origin includes varieties from Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Jamaica.

But I've got my eye on a few other sativa strains in this forum thread, which I now want to try :) Thank you for your insights

I always seem to screw up on growing my Sativa plants from my Killer A5 Haze & Malawi from Ace Seeds (personal stuff got in the way) I love Cinderella 99 (Canuk Seeds right now) and Blue Cindy (G13 Labs and potential outdoor try this summer) Anyways I did have great success and currently in love with my Golden Tiger - Ace Seeds
16FCC548-2EF5-4AF0-BFB2-DE82180C0077.jpeg
67C64DDD-E1AC-425C-86A3-1125E4BF9880.jpeg

plans for my next tent grow will be all Ace again, while I also get a head start for my outdoor summer grow. Gonna redeem myself and retry all 3 strains mentioned again, along with their Golden Tiger x Panama
Just started accouple of GT 3.0 seeds March 1st. and they are upas of 2 days ago. I plan on veg till the end of April and flatten the canopy with hopes of cutting her down in Aug. The height scares me. Did your GT put on any bulk at the end of the grow?.....

Just started accouple of GT 3.0 seeds March 1st. and they are upas of 2 days ago. I plan on veg till the end of April and flatten the canopy with hopes of cutting her down in Aug. The height scares me. Did your GT put on any bulk at the end of the grow?.....
I’m currently growing a Golden Tiger, Chocolate Thai and Panama. CL🍀

I went 18w of flowering and I would say that in the last 4-5 weeks of flowering, it really started to look chunky as the foxtailing really kicked in. Good luck with gal going forward. She takes a lot of patience and I will hopefully be starting another grow of her come April for my next indoor try. Going all Ace Seeds with Golden Tiger, Golden Tiger x Panama, Killer A5 Haze, and Malawi. While also starting some plants for my upcoming summer grow, but they’ll be hybrids/Indica leaning for my Canadian summer grow, well minus a Blue Cindy from G13 Labs. Hoping for same results from my first tent grow and with vigorous growth like my Cinderella 99 did last summer

Back
Top Bottom