Yes, You Do Like Sativas

i'm wondering if they were there and i just never noticed. all my outdoor grew in the classic pine tree shape right till we chopped. everything always looked symmetrical to me.

thinking about it now we probably did get enough nodes on the big indoor med grows, but again anything we did not top was a christmas tree shape.
I don't want to completely hijack this thread with a discussion on alternating nodes, but just to put a button on my thoughts, here is the 9th node of the Trainwreck I grew this past spring/summer. They're already starting to stagger:
full

Here's one I topped above the 9th that was still symmetrical:

full

@bluter, apologies, when I said alternating, I should have said asymmetrical. 🙂

I've always used this method to determine when the plant was mature enough to be put into flower, (I appreciate it can be done sooner, but have been led to believe that the quality will suffer).
I did indoor for over 20 years and always with a new strain would allow the plant to become asymmetrical before I took cuttings to grow on and flower.

I think I might have some photos of Original Haze plants in pots that are asymmetrical around internode 7 or 8, I'll have a look. 🙂

I've had a look but one of them are clear enough to show the top well.

I think I might have some photos of Original Haze plants in pots that are asymmetrical around internode 7 or 8, I'll have a look.

I've had a look but one of them are clear enough to show the top well.

i've been topping before node 7 for so long i wouldn't have seen it for ten yrs lol.

I stash away 5 Sativas in my small garden every year and even experienced growers have not not spotted them.
Same has happened to me more than once. They get distracted by the Rosemary or Geranium plants, both of which also help to repel insects plus have their own smells which can cover the smell of the flowering weed. Or the flowers are colorful enough that the zero in on those and miss the weed plant next to them.

Along the lines of "can't see the forest for the trees" ;).

Same has happened to me more than once. They get distracted by the Rosemary or Geranium plants, both of which also help to repel insects plus have their own smells which can cover the smell of the flowering weed. Or the flowers are colorful enough that the zero in on those and miss the weed plant next to them.

Along the lines of "can't see the forest for the trees"

the landscape guys i mentioned earlier to this day are part of a summer garden tour where they live.

even pre-legal they used to get loads of grannies tramping through their gardens saying things like .."look at the lovely azaleas", with a fully formed bud dripping in their face .... :p

it's funny how much other plants distract. i've seen folk walk right through discrete guerilla gardens and never notice.

Sativa from seed? . 3 weeks max. They stretch out of this world. I won’t even grow them anymore. I flipped this chocolope not too long after this pic and it gave me over 12oz and took up a massive amount of room
571D992E-0709-49AB-9B0C-F24302900B0E.jpeg
I’m not so much worried about horizontally as vertically. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom