Why do some buds grow like this?

Ducky1

3426B339-F765-4F5C-9820-F700EB850346.jpeg

They’re not like big colas, they are like sprouting little bits of them, it’s not something I’ve seen before. It’s mimosa evo. Probably my poorest grow out of four I have done the last year. Had issues with the size of them then forgot to feed them then forgot to add a nute in the feed for a week, it’s just been awful start to finish but they’re looking okay, it is all my fault. I’m expecting 10z from it rather than the 16 I got from my last harvest which was green gelato. The colas on these are extremely small, I’m not sure if this is strain dependent along with all the mess ups during this but it is what it is. Guess sometimes you just have a bad time :) gonna pack it in for a little while after this one then maybe pick it back up in a year or so with a bigger set up.

This is not a retirement but a break for a little bit, it’s been a fun journey and I’ve learned a lot, I look forward to using my skills I’ve learned through all of this on a bigger project in the future. As a side note I would like to thank everyone for helping me along the way on this forum. Great bunch of people :)

That is foxtailing. Google it for 100 SERP’s.
Most of the the time its due the heat stress. The grow tip keeps developing new calyxes towards the light which makes that look like a fox tail

there maybe a technical term for this that I’m not aware of but what I’m seeing are the spiral type calyxes - this trait is expressed in some genetics. But what would really help are clear pics with good lighting or flash but minus the HID or whatever you grow light are running. I do see a few fresh pistils on the tips and yes those spirals do foxtail up on top of each other.

Looks great - I’d hit that

Back
Top Bottom